Melbourne Football

RD 6 V Western Sydney SUNDAY 12/11 AAMI PARK KO 7:00PM

Inferno

Melbourne City FC Squad: 1. Dean Bouzanis, 2. Manny Muscat, 3. Scott Jamieson, 5. Bart Schenkeveld, 6. Osama Malik, 7. Nick Fitzgerald,
8. Neil Kilkenny, 9. Marcelo Carrusca, 11. Bruce Kamau, 12. Bradeyn Crowley, 13. Stefan Mauk, 18. Eugene Galekovic, 21. Ruon Tongyik,
22. Michael Jakobsen, 25. Iacopo La Rocca, 26. Luke Brattan, 27. Marcin Budzinski, 44. Ross McCormack

Ins: 3. Scott Jamieson (promoted), 6. Osama Malik (returns from suspension), 12. Braedyn Crowley (promoted)

Outs: 17. Tim Cahill (international duty)

Unavailable: 23. Bruno Fornaroli (ankle)

Edited by jw1739

2 minutes ago, Dylan said:

A didnt see the Sydney game but if the comments were true that Budzinski looked a class above, I hope he gets starts soon otherwise he will never get a chance to get used to the league and never be fully match fit. If he doesnt, why have him as a marquee? 

He looked a class above for 5 minutes, then he went missing for the rest of the game. Carrusca looked like he could open up the defence everytime he was on the ball.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, moops said:

We'll move back into 1st if we win, Gumbies first game in charge, could be a good time to play them as they get to grips with his tactics.

Win 1-0.

That's always been a stumbling point for our team. There's some evidence that the team culture has changed, this game will be a good indicator. I won't be there so that will help our chances

Edited by belaguttman

6 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

That's always been a stumbling point for our team. There's some evidence that the team culture has changed, this game will be a good indicator. I won't be there so that will help our chances

I can't make it either..doubly lucky then, we've got this in the bag!

1 minute ago, Embee said:

The Wanderers struggled badly when the Tards parked the bus after Austin went off, couldn't break them down at all.

Given how well we defend I think we'll keep a clean sheet, just need to knick a goal.

Make that two would you please? - just to prevent me becoming a nervous wreck as the match wears on.

• Like 1

Melbourne City unlikely to make changes to its starting line-up for clash against Western Sydney

David Davutovic

November 11 2017

MELBOURNE City coach Warren Joyce says it’s time his starters received some praise for the form they have shown this season as he declares striker Ross McCormack is in the best shape he has been all season.

MELBOURNE City boss Warren Joyce said it was time his starters earnt praise, hinting strongly that he would stick with his regulars for Sunday night’s clash with Western Sydney.

City can regain top spot by beating the Wanderers at AAMI Park, after Sydney FC lost to Central Coast on Friday night.

Joyce revealed that striker Ross McCormack had come off his sharpest week of training since arriving from Aston Villa, in a good sign for a City side that have found scoring goals more difficult than keeping it tight defensively.

City’s star-studded subs Marcin Budzinski, Marcelo Carrusca and Neil Kilkenny have had plenty of airtime, Joyce said Nick Fitzgerald, Bruce Kamau and Stefan Mauk deserved credit for keeping them out.

“I spend a lot of time talking about lads who are not playing rather than how well Fitzy and Mauk and Bruce are going,’’ Joyce said.

“These three have impressed me since I walked through the door. The lads have done a fantastic job in the first four games.

“All you want, when you come in with an open mind and blank canvas, you throw the same challenges down to the boys.

“Players aren’t always happy, which you expect. Then it’s about conducting yourself.

“Budzinksi, Carrucsca, Kilkenny, (Luke) Brattan and the young lads have been doing well. It’s great to watch, it’s good to have competition.”

City hosts an unknown quantity, with former Adelaide United coach Josep Gombau leading the Wanderers for the first time.

Osama Malik and Scott Jamieson return and despite a maiden loss of the season and Tim Cahill (Socceroos duty) absent, wholesale changes were unlikely.

“We had a disjointed pre-season, we never played the same side. We’re in a building process,’’ Joyce said.

“The only way players get to know and understand what others are doing is by playing together, building up relationships, understanding the runs they’re making.

“Lots of teams that have played together for a while beforehand, they’ve had success.

“There were different changes tactically and personnel (wise) that we were forced to make — it was a shame, we were on a good run, there wasn’t anything in the (Sydney FC loss last week).’’

http://www.news.com.au/sport/football/melbourne-city-unlikely-to-make-changes-to-its-starting-lineup-for-clash-against-western-sydney/news-story/6682385c0737aa8b842670273e0442d8