Melbourne Football

RD 5 V Sydney 3/11 AAMI PARK KO 7:50

Inferno

26 minutes ago, haz said:

1-1 penalties for each team

Nando to make the bench

Hope to see him make an appearance! Certainly brings a bit of spice on the field.

Cant see Syd winning from open play given how strong our defence has been. Also cannot see us scoring in similar circumstances. All in all, prediction is 1 nil either way from set piece. 

Love to see City smash Sydney though. It really sets the precedent for the season not only that we are the team to beat but that we are title favourites. Who knows, by seasons end our stats could be similar to Sydney of last season.

This is our biggest test by far, I still rate Sydney as the best team in comp, and they did smash us only 7 weeks ago

Malik and I assume jamo out, I think Brattan and budzinski in. Jakobsen out to the left 

Sydney are interesting how they set up when mierzejewski plays, as he drifts around like a 10 but starts wide right and wilkshire overlaps all the time. If we can work out how to limit mierzejewski, there is definitely an opportunity to catch wilkshire on the counter the other way 

• Like 1

Win this and we go at least four points clear on top.

Interesting to see what changes Joyce makes with Malik and presumably Jamieson unavailable. Presumably Brattan or Kilkenny is a pretty straight swap for Malik, while Jakobsen switches to left back to bring the other (or hopefully Budzinski, if he's ready to start) into the midfield.

So with Jamieson  (if he has a calf he is minimum 4 weeks) out and Malik also it will be interesting to see what Wazza's choice will be. Now assuming Jako goes LB that leaves the central midfield to be changed. Brattan has been used but hasn't really ripped it up but also hasn't been poor so I say he will get 1 spot. That leaves either Kilkenny Budzinski or Carusca to get their chance or even an outside chance of Genreau or Arzani. 

I'm thinking Brattan and Mauk with Budzinski playing advanced roled.

3 minutes ago, Jovan said:

So with Jamieson  (if he has a calf he is minimum 4 weeks) out and Malik also it will be interesting to see what Wazza's choice will be. Now assuming Jako goes LB that leaves the central midfield to be changed. Brattan has been used but hasn't really ripped it up but also hasn't been poor so I say he will get 1 spot. That leaves either Kilkenny Budzinski or Carusca to get their chance or even an outside chance of Genreau or Arzani. 

I'm thinking Brattan and Mauk with Budzinski playing advanced roled.

Yeh agree, although it wouldnt surprise me if they leave Mauk as the AM and go with Killer and Bratts. I think they'll prob give Bud his chance first though. Be curious to see if Brandan comes on to the bench this week.

• Like 1

Hi all, does anyone know if I can buy tickets for Section 14 at Aami or only ticketek, and if I was to buy at aami would they be available 10~15 min before the game this Friday.

51 minutes ago, johnno cpfc said:

I have refused the Metal detector as i have two implants which are controlling tremors, if they are disturbed i will need to find my neurologist quick smart. i do not go through detectors at airports etc i have the pat down instead.

Let’s smuggle in some flares😉

Edited by Mike

29 minutes ago, Mike said:

Hi all, does anyone know if I can buy tickets for Section 14 at Aami or only ticketek, and if I was to buy at aami would they be available 10~15 min before the game this Friday.

@Mike There are about 100 seats in Bay 14 that are not occupied by members. If they remain unsold on matchday, I can't see why you cannot buy them at the ground.

• Like 1

The difference to other clubs winning first 4 games is that they dominated the game to achieve that. But Leicester won it without possession game... it can be replicated in A-league. 

Wazza obviously likes to play with tall big DMs. How to clone Jacobsen? A bit unlikely to choose small pair Kilkenny Brattan.  Tall DM wins air battle, bumps into other players. Coach's not worried about poor passing.  DM will bump again and regain ball passion.  Who else can play LB? That young G guy could but Wazza doesn't pick youngsters for derby out of nowhere as previous coaches. Jacobsen is too valuable player and may be vasted as LB . Budz should be in the mix. Tongyk? He is skilled and was in the game squad. 

We will learn more about Wazza's view of the game.

• Like 1

On 30/10/2017 at 5:28 PM, Imtellingyou said:

The difference to other clubs winning first 4 games is that they dominated the game to achieve that. But Leicester won it without possession game... it can be replicated in A-league. 

Chelsea did it last season as well, and in actual fact it's statistically more suited and more successful in lower league football.

I have been saying this for 2 seasons. 

You are spot on.

Let the games begin......

Graham Arnold: Sydney FC will expose Melbourne City “weaknesses”

Sydney FC manager Graham Arnold says he has unearthed weaknesses in Melbourne City’s unbeaten team.

Sydney face City in a top of the table clash at AAMI Park on Friday night.

Both sides are unbeaten, though Warren Joyce’s City have won each of their four games, conceding just once in the process.

City have drawn praise for their defensive solidity to begin the season, but Arnold believes his attack is more than capable of unlocking that back line

Arnold hoped his strike force would use its “gut feel” rather than “brain thinking” in front of goal.

Sydney enjoyed the lion’s share of the attacking play against Perth Glory on Friday night, boasting 23 attempts to seven, but found the net just twice.

“We know how strong our attack is and we know we will get that right on Friday night and we will execute,” he said.

“Our performances have been very strong attacking-wise, but there’s been too much brain thinking about our finishing instead of gut feel.

“You’ve got players in front of goal, when it comes natural, we should finish our chances.”

“That will happen on Friday night.”

Ultimately, Arnold declared his team would show up what he described only as “weaknesses”.

“We’ve analysed them well, we’ve identified some weaknesses.

“We’ll expose that on Friday.”

3 hours ago, Hazzaverx said:

I'm too much of a pessimist to believe this but far out the roof would lift off if it did. 

True. The 7k crowd will go mental!

1 hour ago, playmaker said:

Let the games begin......

Graham Arnold: Sydney FC will expose Melbourne City “weaknesses”

Sydney FC manager Graham Arnold says he has unearthed weaknesses in Melbourne City’s unbeaten team.

Sydney face City in a top of the table clash at AAMI Park on Friday night.

Both sides are unbeaten, though Warren Joyce’s City have won each of their four games, conceding just once in the process.

City have drawn praise for their defensive solidity to begin the season, but Arnold believes his attack is more than capable of unlocking that back line

Arnold hoped his strike force would use its “gut feel” rather than “brain thinking” in front of goal.

Sydney enjoyed the lion’s share of the attacking play against Perth Glory on Friday night, boasting 23 attempts to seven, but found the net just twice.

“We know how strong our attack is and we know we will get that right on Friday night and we will execute,” he said.

“Our performances have been very strong attacking-wise, but there’s been too much brain thinking about our finishing instead of gut feel.

“You’ve got players in front of goal, when it comes natural, we should finish our chances.”

“That will happen on Friday night.”

Ultimately, Arnold declared his team would show up what he described only as “weaknesses”.

“We’ve analysed them well, we’ve identified some weaknesses.

“We’ll expose that on Friday.”

Arnie is a complete knob. If he wins, he usually says his team performed at 15% and will get better, but if they lose, he will say his team performed at 7% hence why we lost.

4 hours ago, Tony999 said:

True. The 7k crowd will go mental!

Arnie is a complete knob. If he wins, he usually says his team performed at 15% and will get better, but if they lose, he will say his team performed at 7% hence why we lost.

He's changed his tune, even Arnold knows that he can't claim to be the underdog again. It's a refreshing change, he just sounded like an even bigger knob when he kept doing it after he arrived at the smurfs