v Roar

Kamau scores

Fitzy assist, Kamau scores

v Tards

Fitzy assist, Budzinski scores

Fitzy assist, Kamau scores

v Nix

Kamau wins free kick, McCormack scores

Seems our wingers have been involved in every goal. Are you sure you'd want that? 

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

We need quality in the middle of the park and I think our scoring potential is being hampered by a lack of service to Ross. Put Budinski as a second target and quality in the centre and our attack dynamics should improve.

Not unhappy with the current situation by any means, I am just discussing possible options and with the players we have on the pine I am sure they would dominate centrally with more direct plays to our forwards.

2 hours ago, coys said:

Considering that our supporters aren't used to winning three on the trot we just don't know how to deal with some positive results which probably explains why were always complaining ahah

Didn't Bela warn about this 2-3 seasons ago - not about supporters so much perhaps, but about the club in general? You get locked in to a particular pattern of behaviour, and even when the most wonderful opportunity presents itself to you, you can't take advantage of it?

I can definitely see where those saying we need changes are coming from. If we don't inject some creativity into the starting IX, its as a risky strategy as playing all out attack IMO.  We were incredibly lucky to win on Saturday. Our midfield and attack where completely dominated and looked very leggy. Plus none of our midfielders know how to use Mc Cormack properly. I watched on TV and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. 

I am hoping for a bit of a refresh to allow the midfield to take some control back. A good defence is only one third a team

We are ripe for 3 at the back IMO given the two fullbacks weren't that great on Saturday, but I doubt that would happen.

Edited by Dylan

4 minutes ago, Dylan said:

I can definitely see where those saying we need changes are coming from. If we don't inject some creativity into the starting IX, its as a risky strategy as playing all out attack IMO.  We were incredibly lucky to win on Saturday. Our midfield and attack where completely dominated and looked very leggy. Plus none of our midfielders know how to use Mc Cormack properly. I watched on TV and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. 

I am hoping for a bit of a refresh to allow the midfield to take some control back. A good defence is only one third a team

I don't think that that point is lost on Warren Joyce. Hence his post match comments - I thought we were poor tonight in possession, there’s no beating around the bush and we can do better than that. The fact that we showed a lot of grit and determination and kept another clean sheet...I was pleased with that."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

I don't think that that point is lost on Warren Joyce. Hence his post match comments - I thought we were poor tonight in possession, there’s no beating around the bush and we can do better than that. The fact that we showed a lot of grit and determination and kept another clean sheet...I was pleased with that."

No question Wazza wants to keep improving. How that takes form in terms of personnel though I don't know.

For mine I would find a way to get Kilkenny in there, he's too good to be left out (probably for Jammo).

When McCormack gets a bit fitter I'd look to move him to the wing late in a game. I reckon he Has the skills and street smarts to link up well with Cahill.

As to the rest of it, well Wazza had set up differently to how I would have. He has won 3/3, so clearly doesn't need my advice.

4 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

No question Wazza wants to keep improving. How that takes form in terms of personnel though I don't know.

For mine I would find a way to get Kilkenny in there, he's too good to be left out (probably for Jammo).

When McCormack gets a bit fitter I'd look to move him to the wing late in a game. I reckon he Has the skills and street smarts to link up well with Cahill.

As to the rest of it, well Wazza had set up differently to how I would have. He has won 3/3, so clearly doesn't need my advice.

We are ripe for a back 3 😎

15 minutes ago, Forever City said:

Has anybody else found it strange that in the past two games Joyce has only brought on two Substitutes out of three?

We haven't needed to chase the game. The only purpose of changes has been holding onto a lead and as such you avoid changing things that have got you in that position in the first place. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

I found it very interesting that in one recent interview Joyce made a special mention of Anthony Caceres, indicating how he was a loss to the club. Makes me think that Caceres, had he stayed, would have been a major part of Joyce's plans.

Joyce keeps emphasising hard work and consistency. I would expect Kilkenny to be in the matchday squad very soon, the likely casualty to be Brattan. I also expect Arzani to feature in due course, with Kamau to be relegated. If we are going to challenge for a trophy this year we have to improve going forward. One-goal cushions are not going to be enough.

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I found it very interesting that in one recent interview Joyce made a special mention of Anthony Caceres, indicating how he was a loss to the club. Makes me think that Caceres, had he stayed, would have been a major part of Joyce's plans.

Joyce keeps emphasising hard work and consistency. I would expect Kilkenny to be in the matchday squad very soon, the likely casualty to be Brattan. I also expect Arzani to feature in due course, with Kamau to be relegated. If we are going to challenge for a trophy this year we have to improve going forward. One-goal cushions are not going to be enough.

I thought Caceras was forced out ?

8 hours ago, playmaker said:

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

We need quality in the middle of the park and I think our scoring potential is being hampered by a lack of service to Ross. Put Budinski as a second target and quality in the centre and our attack dynamics should improve.

Not unhappy with the current situation by any means, I am just discussing possible options and with the players we have on the pine I am sure they would dominate centrally with more direct plays to our forwards.

In time I'd like at least 1 more creative player in the centre of the pitch too. I think that player should be Brattan first and foremost. But in the mean time I'm happy to accumulate points with the same lineup until we settle into our run of unbeaten matches as a team. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, n i k o said:

In time I'd like at least 1 more creative player in the centre of the pitch too. I think that player should be Brattan first and foremost. But in the mean time I'm happy to accumulate points with the same lineup until we settle into our run of unbeaten matches as a team. 

What is your take on Brattan's performance after he replaced Mauk in last week's game?

3 hours ago, NewConvert said:

What is your take on Brattan's performance after he replaced Mauk in last week's game?

FWIW mine was that he made no impact.

12 hours ago, Chris p said:

I thought Caceras was forced out ?

Don't know the circumstances. I found it odd that Joycey made specific and favourable mention of a player who had left some time before.

I'm a little undecided on whether i think we'll go unchanged for this one or make a change. I'm leaning towards unchanged but imo if we do make one, it will Jako to LB for Jamo, with either Bratts to occupy the other the other 6 spot, or Mauk to move back there and Bud or Chelo to get a start. I'd be happy enough with either of those scenarios for all the aforementioned reasons, as well as the fact that again i dont think anyone was poor last week either.

Very confident in getting something out of this, especially now that Regan and Gulum are out, as well as their trip to Sydney tonight. Regardless of them, I genuinely think they'll struggle to get through us as they aren't overly creative, and we clearly have the pace and class in the front three to trouble them. Can see Fitzy and Bruce eating Garrucio for breakfast down the right.

As far as the bench goes its unchanged again for mine. Same 16 as last week.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, bt50 said:

I'm a little undecided on whether i think we'll go unchanged for this one or make a change. I'm leaning towards unchanged but imo if we do make one, it will Jako to LB for Jamo, with either Bratts to occupy the other the other 6 spot, or Mauk to move back there and Bud or Chelo to get a start. I'd be happy enough with either of those scenarios for all the aforementioned reasons, as well as the fact that again i dont think anyone was poor last week either.

Very confident in getting something out of this, especially now that Regan and Gulum are out, as well as their trip to Sydney tonight. Regardless of them, I genuinely think they'll struggle to get through us as they aren't overly creative, and we clearly have the pace and class in the front three to trouble them. Can see Fitzy and Bruce eating Garrucio for breakfast down the right.

As far as the bench goes its unchanged again for mine. Same 16 as last week.

X2

4 hours ago, NewConvert said:

Didn't do anything more than Mauk in a team that overall had no real stand outs. But I'm not suggesting to remove Mauk for Brattan but to replace him for Jako or Malik. 

The reason I'd chose Brattan over the other bench players is because he is by far the best player regarding his defensive abilities. Not only that he's had the most game time too and his match fitness is higher. He also brings a more creative outlet to the team. 

19 hours ago, jw1739 said:

If you look at his comments here and study it in depth from a cryptic angle, he is suggesting 3 changes for this game.

19 hours ago, Forever City said:

Has anybody else found it strange that in the past two games Joyce has only brought on two Substitutes out of three?

Not really, he clearly isn't in the business of making subs for the sake of them. Most of our bench players are creative/offensive types and we've been leading late in most games we've played so we haven't necessarily needed to make all 3 changes.

5 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Where to begin. Where do you.... What? 

Look old mate Playmaker has quite possibly stumbled upon the right result by pure luck…

By my calculations its only 48 words in the above comment, however after following the key steps:

48 less 11 players = 37

37 less goals scored in opening 3 games (5) = 32

32 less goals conceded (1) = 31

Less the all important Warren Joyce (1) = 30

Divided by 10th month of the year = 3

@playmaker, you got lucky. Think more carefully next time…

tenor.gif?itemid=6081931

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Look old mate Playmaker has quite possibly stumbled upon the right result by pure luck…

By my calculations its only 48 words in the above comment, however after following the key steps:

48 less 11 players = 37

tenor.gif?itemid=6081931

Fixed. I meant letters

But you are right as everything points to 3.

Edited by playmaker

3 minutes ago, bt50 said:

48 less 11 players = 37

tenor.gif?itemid=6081931

Sounds like illuminati shit to me

Thought about this today, and I think one change to be made. Budzinski for Muscat

Absalonsen is by fair their biggest attacking weapon, so of be moving Bart out to the right to stop him. Much like jako did in round 1. It's really hard on Muscat as he has been good, but I think Bart will do a better job. We also don't lose anything centrally with jakobsen slotting back there