Melbourne Football

8 players for young socceroos

moops

On 17/10/2017 at 3:57 PM, moops said:

8 Melbourne City players will be going to Vietnam to play for the young socceroos early November, it was meant to be hosted by us, but the government stopped it because they didn't want North Koreans on our shores.

https://www.myfootball.com.au/news/young-socceroos-heading-hanoi

I don't want to be a downer, but i can't see any of theses boys getting much game time this year under Joyce. I get the feeling that he is going to park a lot of CB's in front of goal and stop last years leaks. No youth player will have that sort of an effect. I wish them luck in the tournament. good that they got selected and man do we need at least one NY male team to do well and even make a world cup. I support the government embargo BTW. 

20 hours ago, citymad said:

I don't want to be a downer, but i can't see any of theses boys getting much game time this year under Joyce. I get the feeling that he is going to park a lot of CB's in front of goal and stop last years leaks. No youth player will have that sort of an effect. I wish them luck in the tournament. good that they got selected and man do we need at least one NY male team to do well and even make a world cup. I support the government embargo BTW. 

No downer mate, it's what I expect as well, maybe Arzani, Genreaou or Pierias, but their chances seem slim.

If they are not playing for us, then getting international game time under Ufuk and Gombau is a good outcome and we will be playing some good youth teams.

I have said it before, but I don't understand why we don't try to loan them out to an Asian club to get experience. I have watched Asian cup (Asian equivalent of the Europa League) games and Indonesia, Thailand and Vietnam play some alright football, surely there are clubs that would be interested in a talented youngster.

Even if they come off the bench, it's more than we are willing to offer and going to a different country is good, might make them more mature.

• 3 weeks later...