Melbourne Football

2017/18 Player Of Season Votes - Final

neio

• jw1739 pinned this topic
On 1/4/2018 at 4:43 PM, neio said:

With the votes going in from the WSW game, Bart has gone past the total that kilkenny won with last year already, still over half a season to go

Shows how ridiculously dominant he has been 

Or how ridiculously biased we all are... :ph34r:

52 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Hahaha you're just basing that off sitting next to me last night,  where I jerked off over him for 90 minutes 

Who hasn't jerked off to players before? When we had the Holy Trinity I was passing out each game from not enough blood getting to my brain

47 minutes ago, haz said:

Who hasn't jerked off to players before? When we had the Holy Trinity I was passing out each game from not enough blood getting to my brain

In fact I had to create rule34 of Bruno Mooy Novillo when my dick ran dry from games by themselves.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to suggest that next season, instead of having a "Spud of the Match" poll, we add to the "Player of the Season" voting a facility so that players who get red cards either by direct send-off or by accumulation of yellows get points deducted from their "Player of the Season" tally. IMO players such as Bart, with a red card before the derby, ought to get points deducted.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I'd like to suggest that next season, instead of having a "Spud of the Match" poll, we add to the "Player of the Season" voting a facility so that players who get red cards either by direct send-off or by accumulation of yellows get points deducted from their "Player of the Season" tally. IMO players such as Bart, with a red card before the derby, ought to get points deducted.

Punishments can work but there's a lot of grey area. For one a player that gets red carded forfeits their opportunity to get a vote in the following game. This already gives the other players an advantage. Then there's the circumstantial situations. What if let's say Bort scores the winning goal but gets sent off in the 90th minute for stopping a goal scoring opportunity for the opposition? 

7 hours ago, jw1739 said:

It's something I can look at, not 100% sure how I'd get it to work. But would be open to suggestions

I dont mind the Spud Poll *cough cough*. It will be used as a comparison agaisnt the real MOTM thread to see who really has been the whipping boy of the forum. I guess that the largest delta will be from either Malik or Bouzanis.

2 hours ago, neio said:

Thank you everyone for voting throughout the season (results in opening posts)

We have a winner 

2017/18 Player Of the Season - BART SCHENKEVELD

unnamed.jpg.90a389bb88c1f0b8b5dcc371f1902bff.jpg

Can you show a table of results etc. Possibly with some stats too i.e. games played and minutes played?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, neio said:

Thank you everyone for voting throughout the season (results in opening posts)

We have a winner 

2017/18 Player Of the Season - BART SCHENKEVELD

@neio Thanks for running the competition.

Interesting results. Arzani with a full season would have been hard to beat. And how Fitzy polled well early on and then fell away.

Just a few random notes/things I found interesting

Bart was in our best 2 players in 9 of our first 10 games. And was MOTM 11 times 

Jamieson was the only player to play every game this season, yet only received one vote

Mauk didn't receive a vote during regular season

Kamau last game for the club was his only game he got votes in 

Bouzanis game Vs Newcastle (first game) was the highest percentage for voters in giving MOTM

Fitzgerald relieved all his votes in first 9 rounds

Arzani was voted MOTM 6 times in final 14 games 

• Like 2

• malloy unpinned this topic