Melbourne Football

2017/18 Matchday Thread

bt50

I think an Adelaide win would be better for us overall. Likely to give Sydney an easier run into the GF, thus giving us a better chance of picking up an ACL place one way or the other.

Still anyone's game though. Another goal will probably settle it.

15 hours ago, haz said:

Hopefully the FFA pull some strings to try and make some money in the GF by having a Melbourne Derby

No thanks. Would feel 10x more confident against Sydney than Victory. Yes Sydney are Sydney but Victory always lift for derbies. Also I'd rather watch us lose 15-0 vs Sydney than by any margin against Victory in a GF

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

No thanks. Would feel 10x more confident against Sydney than Victory. Yes Sydney are Sydney but Victory always lift for derbies. Also I'd rather watch us lose 15-0 vs Sydney than by any margin against Victory in a GF

But but but the atmosphere!

Assuming we do actually beat Newcastle and reach the GF, IMO the best option is to have to play Sydney. That way whatever the result we will be in the ACL next season. However, if we have to play Victory in the GF and lose, then we will miss out on the ACL altogether.

This weekend really showed what a clusterfuck the VAR is Arzarni penalty and Thomas Deng trying to apply a rear naked choke on Matt Simon and they decide not to intervene. This is the worst thing to happen to the game since the Yanks had those ridiculous dribbling shootouts at the start of the MLS to decide draws.

• Like 5

Moving away from my smart arse comment in the other thread, I reckon Newcastle are a huge chance tonight. They were awesome against us, they are at home and ultimately they are the second placed team playing the lowly fourth finishers.

They should start strong favourites.