Melbourne Football

R2 Etihad Derby 14 October 7:50pm

jeffplz

Just now, playmaker said:

Solid.

City has been transformed.

Well done Wazza.

I don't often agree with you but in this case I think the shorts effect is clear. Joyce does deserve some praise for how the team have turned out so far this season. I'm not counting my chickens just yet though.

Positives:

We won, breaking a 2 game derby losing run.

Defensively solid, 29% possession by us. Joyce, the HAL Mourinho opted to control space instead of possession and we did a good job of that. Rarely threatened although we sat very deep.

We'll be much harder to break down this season, this was the game plan we tried against the smurfs but executed it more effectively (and against a poorer team)

visit0rs are bottom of the table

Negatives:

Ugly football even though it was effective. The performance couldn't be a starker contrast to the first derby thrashing last season but we all know how that season finished

No organised attacking plan other than "hoof it to Ross". At least he isn't a midget and understands the off-side rule

Ugly tackle on Malik, lucky not to be a red

I'm fitter than Marcin

Poor crowd

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

Positives:

We won, breaking a 2 game derby losing run.

Defensively solid, 29% possession by us. Joyce, the HAL Mourinho opted to control space instead of possession and we did a good job of that. Rarely threatened although we sat very deep.

We'll be much harder to break down this season, this was the game plan we tried against the smurfs but executed it more effectively (and against a poorer team)

visit0rs are bottom of the table

Negatives:

Ugly football even though it was effective. The performance couldn't be a starker contrast to the first derby thrashing last season but we all know how that season finished

No organised attacking plan other than "hoof it to Ross"

Ugly tackle on Malik, lucky not to be a red

I'm fitter than Marcin

Poor crowd

Indeed.  Tards lucky not to have at least one shown red.  Dirty team as usual.

26 minutes ago, Young Polak said:

Looks like Marcin need to do some 1v1 at training, playing a defensive midefielder throughout his career, probably last time he was in this situation was in an under 16's game

Ye he kinda doesnt make his opponent work hard enough and gives up and walks off. Looks a little unsure of himself at times.

• Like 1