Perth
Jets
Phoenix
Brisbane

2) Sydney Derby GF, Sydney wins.

3) Berisha

4) Aloisi

5) Adrian Something-Jetski to easily be the best player in the league

6) Stronger defense than last year but struggles in the final third lead to an inconsistent season. Sitting around 6th for most of the first half of the season until the team shows improvement in the final 5-6 games but it isn't enough to get us higher than 4th. Win first final then get bounced.

1 - Sydney

2- Adelaide

3-  Jets

4 - Visitors

5 - WSW

6 - CCM

7 - Perth

8 - Wellignton

9 - City

10 - Brisbane.

Champ -  Adelaide

Golden Boot - Bobo

First Coach Gone - Fucking Wazza the useless c*^%

Bold prediction. People will still try to defend Wazza by blaming everything about the club else but him, like its Munn or Petillo's fault for how rubbish we are on the field

City's season. First real CFG blib on the copy book. They got the coaching appointment horribly wrong. They should have known English anglos can't coach

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

First Coach Gone - Fucking Wazza the useless c*^%

Bold prediction. People will still try to defend Wazza by blaming everything about the club else but him, like its Munn or Petillo's fault for how rubbish we are on the field

City's season. First real CFG blib on the copy book. They got the coaching appointment horribly wrong. They should have known English anglos can't coach

Man never seen you so sour over one person

11 minutes ago, Dylan said:

I am a little surprised myself some days. Its the FFA Cup performance, I was pretty gobsmacked with the performance

1 hour ago, haz said:

Man never seen you so sour over one person

Indeed, you are usually a voice of reason. Wazza's rattled the cage well and truly. 

Not great initial signs, other than to say our defence looks much sounder, but far too early to tell imo.

It's a good position to take @Dylan. If it turns out that Wazza actually has a clue and takes us to silverware then you can at some point to fess up you your mistaken but if your pessimism proves warranted then you can claim  genius status. 

I'm reserving judgment till round 6. That FFA Cup performance has also scared the fuck out me.

2 minutes ago, Jovan said:

It's a good position to take @Dylan. If it turns out that Wazza actually has a clue and takes us to silverware then you can at some point to fess up you your mistaken but if your pessimism proves warranted then you can claim  genius status. 

I'm reserving judgment till round 6. That FFA Cup performance has also scared the fuck out me.

Id be happy to end uo with egg on my face, but yeah I just have this feeling that something doesn't look right. Oh more rumours coming out about a player/manager rift at the club but that was from Mark van Aitken who does talk out of his ass when discussing us. He really does have this deep hatred of us

8 hours ago, Dylan said:

I am a little surprised myself some days. Its the FFA Cup performance, I was pretty gobsmacked with the performance

I'm seriously worried too for the same reason, but on the flip side if the guy is changing things it probably will take a while for it to become a positive instead of a negative. I'll give him a fair go first, but I'm steeling myself for Aloisi era performances.

Edited by Shahanga

1) Ladder Order

1. Sydney  (by less then 6 points, crash towards the end of the season)

2.Adelaide

3. WSW

4. Victory

5. City

6. CCM

7 . Perth

8. Brisbane

9. Newcastle

10. Nux

2) Champion

Adelaide (Sydney get burned out from ACL)

3) Golden Boot Winner

Wanderer's Marquee Striker Riaol?

4) First coach sacked (after the actual season starts)

Aloisi

5) Bold Prediction

CCM to finish in 6th or better

6) Sum up City's season and finishing position

No different to last season, good performance one week, shit one the next.  Finish 4th or 5th, knocked out in boring Semi.

Edited by haz

5 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Ok

1:

Scum

Pissants

Tards

Perf

CCM

WSW

Roar

city

Newcastle 

Wellington

2) Scum FC

3) That bobo or whatever his fing name is

4) Muscat

5) Malik to start every game until/unless Wazza sacked

6)We will play utter shit football all year and fans will be aghast that our manager is still in his job. 

I should have had the same prediction. I know I've been over reacting over Wazza, but I can really see Malik being the end of him.

1. Sydney

2. Visitors

3. Perth

4. Adelaide

5. WSW

6. CCM

7. City

8. Newcastle

9. Brisbane

10. Wellington

Champion - Sydney, too much quality and a team that plays to the system

Golden Boot Winner - Keogh, only because fuck Berisha

First coach sacked - Aloisi, lost MacLaren and Borello as well as the clubs heart and soul Broich. Team stacked with over 30's in Brisbanes heat and humidity. Everything relies on the performance of their French import.

Bold Prediction - Ross McCormack will tear his hamstring off the bone trying to climb over his seized gates to get to training. Augustine Sokkan will be announced as his injury replacement, he will bring an upbeat vibe to the changeroom with his boombox featuring the latest in hip hop straight from the mean streets of Lalor. 

Sum up City's season and finishing position - Will vary between brilliant one week and abysmal the next, but mainly dour defensive performances grinding out scoreless draws as we lose 1-0 in the final home game of the season to finally kill off our finals hopes as Wazza plans a rebuild in 2018/19 with his "own" players releasing Fornaroli to bring in a classic target man in Akinfenwa following his release from Wycombe Wanderers.

• Like 4

Sydney

Tards

WSW

Adelaide

City

Glory

CCM

Newy

Roar

Nix

Adelaide. Tards and Sydney to falter at the end of season due to ACL.

Diawara

JA

Western Sydney to start off the season terribly, but to come roaring home to finish third and then make the GF.

A very average season. We play a boring brand of football, but manage to beat the teams we should beat and grind out quite a few decent away results.

16 hours ago, mus-28 said:

Bold Prediction - Ross McCormack will tear his hamstring off the bone trying to climb over his seized gates to get to training. Augustine Sokkan will be announced as his injury replacement, he will bring an upbeat vibe to the changeroom with his boombox featuring the latest in hip hop straight from the mean streets of Lalor. 

Ha++  what is young Augustine up to these days?

Sydney

City

WSW

Mongs

Perth

Adelaide

CCM

Brisbane

Newcastle

Wellington

Champions : Sydney

Golden Boot : Keogh

First Coach Sacked : Aloisi

Bold Prediction : Sydney to win the ACL

City Forecast : i think we'll be alright with a much closer season than last year. I think we'll be aided by a soft opening month, then come back to the pack in December. We'll still be infuriatingly inconsistent, but far harder to break down.

Im tipping 2-6 to be very close and Sydney To win, but not by a comfortable margin. City to benefit from the ACL campaigns of last years good sides, and actually finish the season of well for a change.

Ross McCormack to lead the Golden Boot at the mid point of the season 

Edited by bt50

On 9/27/2017 at 3:19 PM, haz said:

1) Ladder Order

1. Sydney  (by less then 6 points, crash towards the end of the season)

2.Adelaide

3. Victory

4. City

5. CCM

6. WSW

7 . Perth

8. Brisbane

9. Newcastle

10. Nux

2) Champion

Adelaide (Sydney get burned out from ACL)

3) Golden Boot Winner

Wanderer's Marquee Striker Riaol?

4) First coach sacked (after the actual season starts)

Aloisi

5) Bold Prediction

CCM to finish in 6th or better

6) Sum up City's season and finishing position

No different to last season, good performance one week, shit one the next.  Finish 4th or 5th, knocked out in boring Semi.

WSW drop from 3rd down to 6th with Popovic leaving

1. SFC

2. AU

3. WSW

4. MV

5. PG

6. WP

7. MC

8. CCM

9. BR

10. NJ

Champion - Adelaide (ACL to take its toll on Sydney)

Golden Boot Winner - Berisha (Lots of penalties)

First coach sacked - Merrick (only because Aloisi has recently signed a 3 year extension)

Bold Prediction - Rhys Williams to play for the Socceroos in the next 12 months

Sum up City's season and finishing position - We will look very dangerous when our forwards have the ball in our attacking third. We will have difficulty getting the ball to our forwards in our attacking third. Our midfield will struggle to protect our defence.

1 sydney (no salary cap)
2 victory
3 manchester 
4 perth
5 adelaide
6 wsw
7 newcastle 
8 ccm
9 brisbane
10 wellington

Champions - Sydney
Golden Boot - That dud bobo 
First Sacked - Unlucky aloisi 
City Season - Club not strong enough to break into top 2 but enough talent to beat the rest

Edited by Thrillhouse
4/10 adelaide higher, pending wsw coach
  • Like 1

1) Sydney

2) Victory

3) City

4) Adelaide

5) Wanderers

6) Brisbane

7) Perth

8) Mariners

9) Phoenix

10) Jets

Champion -  Sydney. Can't see anyone getting close to them.

Golden Boot - Berisha, unfortunately

First sacked - Ernie Merrick

Bold prediction - We will win all three derbies. No idea why

City season - Standard. Look the goods early, fade at the end and bow out easily in the finals.

1. Sydney

2. City

3. Perth

4. Victory

5. Adelaide

6. Nix

7. Jets

8. WSW

9. Mariners

10. Roar

Champion - Perth

Golden Boot Winner - Bobo

First coach sacked - Hayden Foxe even though he is care-taker

Bold Prediction - Ange to take over WSW once the Socceroo's don't qualify for the WC and pick them up from the bottom of the ladder

Sum up City's season and finishing position - We will play attractive football at home. Boring and dour for away games. Lots of draws and somehow finish 2nd.

• Like 1

As always, not much idea of specifics.

However, Sydney and MV to dominate the season.

City: More of the same. Quite a few talented players, but a couple of weak players and a reliance on quite a few youngsters diminish our capacity as a team . Somewhere between 4th and 8th.

The Forum: More of the same.

Sum up the season: Irrespective of results, wouldn't miss it for the world. It's in the DNA.

1. Sydney

2. City

3. Adelaide

4. Victory

5. Perth

6. Mariners

7. WSW

8. Nix

9. Jets

10. Roar

Champion - City

Golden Boot Winner - Berisha

First coach sacked - Merrick

Bold Prediction - We will never lose to Roar or Victory

Sum up City's season and finishing position - Will begin with many draws and losses, final 10 games will be a winning streak bringing us to our first grand final and championship.

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
8 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Ok.

well the regular season has finished so we know the ladder order now. I went through and ranked everyone’s ladder based on the variation from your prediction.  Thus if you say picked Roar to finish 10th, then you score 4. If you predicted roar to finish 2nd, you’d also score 4. Person with the lowest score wins that item on the prediction list.

And The Winner Is

(Drum Roll)

@GreenSeater with a miserly 16 points. Amazingly he achieved that whilst picking up 8 points for predicting Newcastle would get the wooden spoon.

2nd goes to @Thrillhouse.

3rd @rayv36

special thanks to @Jacques Le Cube for saving me from the Bradman award.

I'm already nominating you to run this competition for 2018/19.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Ok.

well the regular season has finished so we know the ladder order now. I went through and ranked everyone’s ladder based on the variation from your prediction.  Thus if you say picked Roar to finish 10th, then you score 4. If you predicted roar to finish 2nd, you’d also score 4. Person with the lowest score wins that item on the prediction list.

And The Winner Is

(Drum Roll)

@GreenSeater with a miserly 16 points. Amazingly he achieved that whilst picking up 8 points for predicting Newcastle would get the wooden spoon.

2nd goes to @Thrillhouse.

3rd @rayv36

special thanks to @Jacques Le Cube for saving me from the Bradman award.

Ffs if it weren't for the jets I actually did alright :tooth: