Melbourne Football

Ross McCormack

AntiScum

I've no idea what Wazza will do. Either in formation or personnel. Only certainty is Malik to start. 

So this is my line up (if I was gaffer):

Euge 

Bart.          Jacobsen    La Rocca.  Jammo    

Kilkenny.    Brattan    

Budweiser 

Kamoo.         Mauk.       Fitzgerald 

bench:

Bouz, McCormack, Carusca, Arzani, Muscat 

Edited by Shahanga
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Shahanga said:

I've no idea what Wazza will do. Either in formation or personnel. Only certainty is Malik to start. 

So this is my line up (if I was gaffer):

Euge 

Bart.          Jacobsen    La Rocca.  Jammo    

Kilkenny.    Brattan    

Budweiser 

Kamoo.         Mauk.       Fitzgerald 

bench:

Bouz, McCormack, Carusca, Arzani, Muscat 

No tonyik whatsoever?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JMSTEP123 said:

Because the formation relies so heavily on attack for City, why not? Its conventional to ease someone in. But we need firepower from the get go. I would be happier seeing him on first half rather than being a sub. I think it will set the tone for the match.

If the blokes fit, start him.

I reckon he's fit enough to start. The bloke has lovely touch too, way superior to the other lads with probably Carrusca the only exception. I think he'll do well for us if he gets some sort of service. 

OTOH, I'm not sure how fit Budzinski is though. To my eye he looks like he hasnt had a full pre-season or he's just very one paced.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, rass said:

I reckon he's fit enough to start. The bloke has lovely touch too, way superior to the other lads with probably Carrusca the only exception. I think he'll do well for us if he gets some sort of service. 

OTOH, I'm not sure how fit Budzinski is though. To my eye he looks like he hasnt had a full pre-season or he's just very one paced.

I would still pick him - Marquee signing, publicity and the probability of a dream start to the season. 

Seems we are in the fortunate position of having too many good options to choose from. Now we just have to get it right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrillhouse said:

struggling to keep it in my pants, praying he's not off to new york after the loan

Either way after the loan he wont be here. But listening to the interview and him specially mentioning MLS, won't be surprised to see him go there if any Championship teams don't want him come January... because he wont be going back to Villa.

Edited by haz

3 minutes ago, Baka1 said:

If he kills it is there a chance we offload a visa player and snag him under the cap for the remainder of the season? Who are all our 5 visas atm? 

It would be a hard choice. Bort, Jakobsen, Fornaroli, Brandan, Budzik.

Most likely Budzik if he flops bad, or Brandan if he does his ACL again.

11 minutes ago, Baka1 said:

If he kills it is there a chance we offload a visa player and snag him under the cap for the remainder of the season? Who are all our 5 visas atm? 

Don't worry. Ross will be extended after January. 

The FFA will be replaced in December the new board will come in and remove the cap and visa quota.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Missing_Moy said:

might cop shit for this as he was our best player last season 

but if we lost Kilkenny we'd have coverage for his position Bratz would step up with game time surely 

With LaRocca and Malik at DM, Killa can play further up if we don't play wide attackers and have our full backs running forward. Our midfield would be the best in the A-league.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Baka1 said:

Bruno is out with a serious injury. We all know that he'll work hard to return at the earliest he can, but ligament damage is notoriously hard to overcome. If McCormack is playing well and City are doing well, then the club won't rush Bruno back. IMO it's pointless to speculate on what might happen in January 2018 - take it week by week.

13 hours ago, Baka1 said:

I think it's more than just can we afford him, for me there is also the question of where does he fit in the team when Bruno is back and fit. Last year seemed to show that we're not going to play with two up front any time soon, and no offence to McCormack as he will probably be a great player, I would much prefer Bruno of the two.

On 10/2/2017 at 5:17 PM, bt50 said:

I think he starts and its folly not to. If we need to withdraw him after 60 min so be it, but he's a professional so he's not going to be in an awful shape, even if its not as fit as we would like. I think they'll go with :

Eugene

Schenkeveld La Rocca  Jakobsen  Jamieson

Brattan         Kilkenny

Budzinski

Fitzgerald           McCormack      Mauk.

SUBS Bouzanis, Kamau, Arzani, Carrusca, Malik

That LW spot is really up for grabs for mine, but given we arent short on options i dont think we'll rush Fernando in for this one. Potentially Brattan might end up on the pine and one of Mauk, Carrusca or Malik (hopefully not) starts in midfield.
Decent chance Muscat starts at RB also, with Bort moving centrally and La Rocca to the bench/omitted altogether.

Joyce just said Ross will be starting in his presser.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Shahanga said:

I thought his positioning and runs were good but with no service it's impossible to say much else. Was pleased he actually touched the ball in the 2nd half, showed that some understanding was building.

Agreed, you could see the understanding building in the second half.  Kamau pinged a crossfield ball straight to Ross's feet, and you could see the relief on Ross's face, which was reflected in the thumbs up he gave to Bruce when the ball went dead.  Aye, but he is a chunky lad at the moment, built of haggis and girders.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Thrillhouse said:

Looked poor early. Started getting into it when the game opened up

makes brattan look in shape :lol:

FMD, the bloke has only just got off the plane. Give him a chance. If players like Muscat and Kamau could actually cross the ball accurately then our central striker(s) would have a chance.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, jw1739 said:

FMD, the bloke has only just got off the plane. Give him a chance. If players like Muscat and Kamau could actually cross the ball accurately then our central striker(s) would have a chance.

i'm not putting a line through him or anything, i just thought he was a bit porky 

Interesting that the commentators mentioned during the game that it was taking a bit of time for the players to get calibrated with McCormack, as Bruno likes to muscle his way to the front position of his defender to receive the passes then turn them, while Ross prefers to get out the back.

29 minutes ago, SF33 said:

Interesting that the commentators mentioned during the game that it was taking a bit of time for the players to get calibrated with McCormack, as Bruno likes to muscle his way to the front position of his defender to receive the passes then turn them, while Ross prefers to get out the back.

Yeh exactly, essentially Ross drags defenders away from the oncoming ball player whereas Bruno like to track closer to the on coming ball player