Melbourne Football

Ross McCormack

AntiScum

6 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

It will seem strange to see Ross playing for another club, but I don't think it makes sense to have both your marquees competing for the same position. As for the season ahead - we have recruited quite well, but whether well enough to be a genuine title contender only the season itself will provide the answer. Exiting the FFA Cup was not a good omen.

Well you know, we could go on and win the first 4 games of the season, keeping 3 clean sheets.......

3 hours ago, haz said:

No doubt Ross is a very good player, but I am on the fence about if we should have chased him as our 2nd marquee. The reason being is that I am unsure if he and Bruno would have played well together (we have no proof they would).

But if De Laet plays random positions like LW/RW or CDM during the season without much contribution then I would be quite annoyed with Waz for what seems to be a "mates" signing.

I'm definitely off the fence. 

I think Ross is a quality player but way overpriced. Bruno for me is and will be a better player.

Positionally (if thats a word) Ritchie is a much better Marquee, so as good as Ross was for us last season when considering the entire squad it would be crazy to talk Ross and Bruno and no Ritchie. 

But like you said if Ritchie stinks it up and plays in some random spots and then it might even be net sum loss.

I can't see Ross scoring more goals than Bruno.

Edited by Jovan

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

I'm definitely off the fence. 

I think Ross is a quality player but way overpriced. Bruno for me is and will be a better player.

Positionally (if thats a word) Ritchie is a much better Marquee, so as good as Ross was for us last season when considering the entire squad it would be crazy to talk Ross and Bruno and no Ritchie. 

But like you said if Ritchie stinks it up and plays in some random spots and then it might even be net sum loss.

I can't see Ross scoring more goals than Bruno.

With the Mariners yes I would say Bruno will score more. But Ross will still get a bag

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, haz said:

Can you write the transcript of the explanation? Video doesnt work for me

I just wish that once and for all City could give the person(s) asking the questions a roving microphone so that we could actually hear the questions.

FMD, it's not rocket science.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HughJass said:

Basically when city were looking to sign Ross/ a forward he wasn't available, seems along with Ritchie once the  euro window closes these guys become easier to obtain 

Aston Villa were trying to flog both players off, so they hung on to them until the transfer window closed. At that point they became available for loan.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...