Melbourne Football

Ross McCormack

AntiScum

9 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Fancy wearing sunnies outside the gates of Mordor. It's always overcast there.

https://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/health-and-wellness/it-s-important-to-wear-sunglasses-even-on-cloudy-days-20180530-p4ziis.html

"Wearing sunglasses for protection should not be reserved for sunny summer days, says Dianna Seldomridge, spokeswoman for the American Academy of Ophthalmology and practicing eye doctor at Duke University."

Edited by n i k o

In all seriousness, it is a shame but Fornaroli is much better. Vast majority of Ross' goals were tap ins or pens. Why waste a marquee spot, why sign a player that will hinder Fornaroli and why sign a player that had disciplinary issues even whilst he was here trying to reignite his career?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dylan said:

In all seriousness, it is a shame but Fornaroli is much better. Vast majority of Ross' goals were tap ins or pens. Why waste a marquee spot, why sign a player that will hinder Fornaroli and why sign a player that had disciplinary issues even whilst he was here trying to reignite his career?

Didnt see his free kicks mate?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Or the thirty yard 'hold my pie' screamer that he scored against Adelaide, just because he decided he wanted to win a 'best goal ever' pissing contest with Vidosic? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dylan said:

So now we want to waste a marquee spot on a free kick tacker? 

A waste would be a Koren or a Budzinski.. Ross is proven in the a league.. did it all whilst unfit imagine if he did shred a few kgs.. plus if Bruno goes down we definitely wont win the league

Which all doesnt matter because hes going to CCM anyway 😂

Edited by DukeVader

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

Nah your right he is a waist 

Skip to 4min

Buds scored 2 as well

Edited by xXCiTyZeNXx

If Ross goes to CCM club should be ashamed to not bring back the fastest goal scorer in the league fastest to 13 who would piss the league with Bruno and him up top. 

If CCM can afford him so can we. We’ve had flops as marquees in last 3 season other than Bruno with Budzisnki, Korren and Colazo, and we could bring a bonafide star who can bring another X factor to a team and we let it slip even though we have a marquee available.

Ross and Bruno would easily get 30+ between them last season Ross had 14 in 16 ! Imagine what he could get with a preseason and a whole season 

Edited by CityBoyz

14 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

In one thread people complain that we sign too many of the same type of player. In another we want to duplicate our marquee central striker. FFS.

Saw the news, went to this thread, and was not disappointed with the implosion.

we don't need another attacker!

Oh but to fit in with the forum crowd... dRaIn ThE sWaMp!

Edited by haz

If CFG don't understand why this news is devastating for the team and supporters, then they continue to be ignorant of what really needs to be done to grow this club's supporter base. As I have been suggesting over the last few seasons, the third team in Melbourne will destroy our support only because CFG has thought they could ignore the ingredients needed to grow a successful club in this league.

If this rumour is true then the knowledge, business intelligence and vision of Munn and Petrillo and or Marwood needs to be vigorously questioned.

The scoring and matching winning potential of having Bruno and Ross up forward would bring this club to a whole new level and would possibly be the greatest forward partnership ever in the A-league.

I will see how this pans out with interest that's for sure and so should every other supporter tbh.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, playmaker said:

If CFG don't understand why this news is devastating for the team and supporters, then they continue to be ignorant of what really needs to be done to grow this club's supporter base. As I have been suggesting over the last few seasons, the third team in Melbourne will destroy our support only because CFG has thought they could ignore the ingredients needed to grow a successful club in this league.

If this rumour is true then the knowledge, business intelligence and vision of Munn and Petrillo and or Marwood needs to be vigorously questioned.

The scoring and matching winning potential of having Bruno and Ross up forward would bring this club to a whole new level and would possibly be the greatest forward partnership ever in the A-league.

I will see how this pans out with interest that's for sure and so should every other supporter tbh.

Certainly didn't see this response coming....

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Couldn’t have said it better myself 👌👌👍👍

Name a goal threat in our team 

- Bruno of course 

- Vidosic can get 5-6 a year 

that’s where it stops really 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

Couldn’t have said it better myself 👌👌👍👍

Name a goal threat in our team 

- Bruno of course 

- Vidosic can get 5-6 a year 

that’s where it stops really 

You havent seen O'Halloran or Berenguer really, and Caceres and Brattan are usually good for a few each. Rostyn Griffiths has a good history from set pieces. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, playmaker said:

I can't imagine McCormack coming off a 2.3m GBP contract to being under the cap with an A-League club, and therefore we would be using our second marquee position on a duplicate of our existing no. 9 - who with 54 goals in 76 matches is pretty much the best striker the A-League has seen. Duplicating that position in this way just doesn't make sense to me.

Of course it's disappointing to see an ex-City player of Ross' calibre going to another A-League club, but we can't keep every player we've ever had on our books.

I agree with your comment about growing the club's supporter base, but I don't think that the key to that is Ross McCormack; there are a number of factors involved there.

3 minutes ago, Embee said:

I've decided I'm glad we're not signing Ross now

Yeah I guess it all depends on their priority. Given we already have 3 visa attackers on the books, I can see the last one being a defender. If that's their priority, then signing Ross makes no sense.

If they do want another attacker, I'm not sure Ross is the choice TBH. He was great for us, but I would of thought a quicker, more mobile forward would complement Bruno better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bt50 said:

You havent seen O'Halloran or Berenguer really, and Caceres and Brattan are usually good for a few each. Rostyn Griffiths has a good history from set pieces. 

Florin Berenguer got 4 and 3 assists last season 

Havent seen Caceres this season didn’t even make the bench vs Newcastle and O’Halloran only a few minutes against Brisbane. 

1 minute ago, Embee said:

Mcgree had something like 6 goals in 10 games for Newy last season.

Most of Mcgree came vs CCM when they won 8-2 think he got a hatrick against the rabble of CCM

1 minute ago, CityBoyz said:

Havent seen Caceres this season didn’t even make the bench vs Newcastle and O’Halloran only a few minutes against Brisbane. 

Most of Mcgree came vs CCM when they won 8-2 think he got a hatrick against the rabble of CCM

Florin got 5 and 5 in all comps, and there have been numerous examples of players scoring fuck all overseas and then smashing then in down here, the greatest two strikers in league history for example.

They all count, and even if you wanted to omit those three to suit your narrative that's still 3 in 9 games which is very respectable.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

Yep let's pack it all in now. This club is fukd.

Anyway it’s the Daily Mail reporting which is not a very accurate source so let’s see how it plays out but if we wanted a marquee we know can deliver and has the pedigree  unlike our last 3 marquees I would go for Ross than somebody not proven. 

WJ said in the article he wanted more goals and if he s true on that the Ross his goals in him and him and Bruno would at least get 30+ between them 

Edited by CityBoyz

8 minutes ago, Embee said:

Florin got 5 and 5 in all comps, and there have been numerous examples of players scoring fuck all overseas and then smashing then in down here, the greatest two strikers in league history for example.

They all count, and even if you wanted to omit those three to suit your narrative that's still 3 in 9 games which is very respectable.

They only count from outside the box and when the margin is 1 or less. Hence why last years golden boot winner was Ross and anything else is fake news.

tenor.gif?itemid=4390189

2 minutes ago, Embee said:

From previous HAL seasons, 50 goals should* get us easily into the top 3.

Fornaroli - 15

Vidosic - 8

McGree - 8

MOH - 6

Frenchy - 5

Defenders - 5

Wales - 1

Caceres - 1

Youth - 1

That would be my quota.

*After 15/16 it proves that we need a decent back line. Malik or Delbridge won't cut it.

20 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Duplicating that position in this way just doesn't make sense to me.

They are different players JW, what one lacks the other has, they would compliment each other perfectly. 

This is the type of combination that great teams are set up around because the match winning potential doesn't get any better than this.

Anyway it's all  rumour at this point, let's wait and see

Edited by playmaker
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, playmaker said:

They are different players JW, what one lacks the other has, they would compliment each other perfectly. 

This is the type of combination that great teams are set up around because the match winning potential doesn't get any better than this.

Anyway it's all  rumour at this point, let's wait and see

Spot on. 

We have no other genuine forward in our team.

Doubling up is a must for any position, also gives you flexibility to play 442 as well.

Geez I wonder if Guardiala has issues with both Aquero and Jesus on his list.

• Like 1