Melbourne Football

Ross McCormack

AntiScum

8 minutes ago, Falastur said:

@fensaddler @dconder13 @kingofhearts @sharpy @neio @Shahanga @haz @Thrillhouse @HEARTinator Congratulations all, you just got quoted by the Birmingham Mail (where Aston Villa are based, if people weren't aware).

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-heres-what-melbourne-13686414

Birmingham, farkme :lol:

27 minutes ago, Falastur said:

@fensaddler @dconder13 @kingofhearts @sharpy @neio @Shahanga @haz @Thrillhouse @HEARTinator Congratulations all, you just got quoted by the Birmingham Mail (where Aston Villa are based, if people weren't aware).

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-heres-what-melbourne-13686414

Well roger me with a bog brush.  Cheers @falastur!  The local readers will also work out from my handle that I'm a Walsall fan having a crack at the Vile....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Falastur said:

Finally I've made it

Hello to superstardom 

3 hours ago, Falastur said:

One of my great moments haha

Really pleased with this signing, probably the biggest of off season. Hopefully he settles and we see him next Friday 

After being irrationally negative this offseason.... Feeling pretty good about this one. Seems like it’s going to look work for both camps. We get an excellent replacement and he gets to get away from England for a bit and an environment that is probably pretty toxic for him atm, sort himself out, prove his worth and get a move in Jan.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dylan said:

After being irrationally negative this offseason.... Feeling pretty good about this one. Seems like it’s going to look work for both camps. We get an excellent replacement and he gets to get away from England for a bit and an environment that is probably pretty toxic for him atm, sort himself out, prove his worth and get a move in Jan.

That's assuming Wazza is better than Bruce.

But yeah it appears to be a positive move for both us and McCormack. 

Friday will be interesting. 

3 hours ago, Heart_fan said:

Good news. Hopefully his mind is actually switched on to be here. 

On on a side note, since when has the Training base been named the Etihad Campus? I don’t recall seeing that before. 

Just sponsorship branding, can't wait till it's renamed "Dons Thick Juicy Sausage Campus"

Edited by haz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DukeVader said:

Chances of starting Friday?

Because the formation relies so heavily on attack for City, why not? Its conventional to ease someone in. But we need firepower from the get go. I would be happier seeing him on first half rather than being a sub. I think it will set the tone for the match.

If the blokes fit, start him.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DukeVader said:

Chances of starting Friday?

I think he starts and its folly not to. If we need to withdraw him after 60 min so be it, but he's a professional so he's not going to be in an awful shape, even if its not as fit as we would like. I think they'll go with :

Eugene

Schenkeveld La Rocca  Jakobsen  Jamieson

Brattan         Kilkenny

Budzinski

Fitzgerald           McCormack      Mauk.

SUBS Bouzanis, Kamau, Arzani, Carrusca, Malik

That LW spot is really up for grabs for mine, but given we arent short on options i dont think we'll rush Fernando in for this one. Potentially Brattan might end up on the pine and one of Mauk, Carrusca or Malik (hopefully not) starts in midfield.
Decent chance Muscat starts at RB also, with Bort moving centrally and La Rocca to the bench/omitted altogether.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, bt50 said:

I think he starts and its folly not to. If we need to withdraw him after 60 min so be it, but he's a professional so he's not going to be in an awful shape, even if its not as fit as we would like. I think they'll go with :

Eugene

Schenkeveld La Rocca  Jakobsen  Jamieson

Brattan         Kilkenny

Budzinski

Fitzgerald           McCormack      Mauk.

SUBS Bouzanis, Kamau, Arzani, Carrusca, Malik

That LW spot is really up for grabs for mine, but given we arent short on options i dont think we'll rush Fernando in for this one. Potentially Brattan might end up on the pine and one of Mauk, Carrusca or Malik (hopefully not) starts in midfield.
Decent chance Muscat starts at RB also, with Bort moving centrally and La Rocca to the bench/omitted altogether.

I think Ross will get the last 30 rather then start for 60

This is what we will go with I think

Bouzanis

Muscat.   Schenkeveld.  Jakobsen.  Jamieson

Malik.      Kilkenny

Budzinski

Fitzgerald.        Mccormack.     Kamau

Galekovic LaRocca Carrusca Mauk Arzani

6 minutes ago, neio said:

Bouzanis

Malik.      Kilkenny

Budzinski

Brats?

10 minutes ago, neio said:

Bouzanis

Malik.      Kilkenny

Budzinski

Curious as to why you think Bouzanis starts over Eugene given Eugene has started the last few Cup and friendly games?

14 minutes ago, dconder13 said:

Brats?

I knew I forgot someone 

9 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Curious as to why you think Bouzanis starts over Eugene given Eugene has started the last few Cup and friendly games?

It's just a gut feel, that bouzanis will get first crack. He has played more than galekovic, it won't surprise me if Eugene starts though 

5 minutes ago, neio said:

I knew I forgot someone 

It's just a gut feel, that bouzanis will get first crack. He has played more than galekovic, it won't surprise me if Eugene starts though 

It looked that way early on, but with Eugene starting more recently, and esp against Adelaide on the weekend and Sydney in the cup, as well as being our rep at the season launch stuff in the past week, i reckon its far more likely than not he'll get first crack.

6 minutes ago, bt50 said:

It looked that way early on, but with Eugene starting more recently, and esp against Adelaide on the weekend and Sydney in the cup, as well as being our rep at the season launch stuff in the past week, i reckon its far more likely than not he'll get first crack.

I was surprised to see him repping the club. A familiar face yes, but I thought Jacobsen or Cahill? Guessing the latter was on tour. But new face to the club is an interesting choice!