Melbourne Football

Ross McCormack

AntiScum

8 minutes ago, RedAndWhitePride said:

Now, that's a great signing. 

Hope we can keep him for the whole season, though. 

Only a loan I think then he could be off to NYC

9 minutes ago, haz said:

Although I dont like to speculate until the player holds up the shirt, this would be a solid signing. I havnt seen much of him in the last year though.

Apparently had a falling out with Steve Bruce and shown the door 

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/brutal-reality-ross-mccormacks-aston-13665940

"Bruce infamously laid into McCormack after the 2-2 draw with Preston on January 21, calling the forward out for failing to turn up to training because his ‘gates were stuck’. "

Hahahaha, maybe Bruce is just a numpty with a win record of 37.9 %, about JVS standard. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Bruce#Manager  :hkpalm:

Anyway, welcome Ross and more power to your boots. Looking forward to seeing you bang them in   :up:

Steve Bruce says he's surprised no one else came in for Ross.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2017/09/23/steve-bruce-australia-loan-move-will-benefit-ross-mccormack/

Villa have agreed a loan deal with the A-League club for McCormack, who must now decide whether he wants to make the switch.

The £12million striker is well down the pecking order after failing to seal a move away during the summer.

Bruce has now revealed the club received no firm offers for McCormack, who has made just two substitute appearances for Villa this season.

“Nobody came in for him,” said Bruce. “Sunderland played at it but it didn’t come through.

“Unfortunately that’s where we were left.

“I was a bit shocked about it but that’s the brutal harsh reality about it - nobody came in for him.

“I believe the clubs have agreed (Villa and Melbourne). It’s over to Ross.

“I wish him the best of luck no matter what people think and all the rest of it.

“He needs to go and play and get himself in the right condition for it. It could be the perfect fit for him.”

McCormack has netted just three goals for Villa since a big money move from Fulham in August 2016 and had a high-profile falling out with Bruce.

McCormack angered the Villa boss when he claimed he was not able to attend training, due to the gates to his house being stuck.

The former Rangers and Leeds hitman spent the second half of last season on loan at Nottingham Forest and though he returned to the fold for the start of pre-season, McCormack was unable to force his way back into Bruce’s plans.

Read more at https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2017/09/23/steve-bruce-australia-loan-move-will-benefit-ross-mccormack/#cgVQZtg5KqbUgppt.99

Man hopefully CFG pull off some accounting Magic and he stays for the whole season (MLS season ends in early November and begins again in early March).

Any chance that if he bangs in say 15 goals in 10 matches, FFA will accept him as guest marquee? 

3 hours ago, Forever City said:

Steve Bruce says he's surprised no one else came in for Ross.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2017/09/23/steve-bruce-australia-loan-move-will-benefit-ross-mccormack/

Villa have agreed a loan deal with the A-League club for McCormack, who must now decide whether he wants to make the switch.

The £12million striker is well down the pecking order after failing to seal a move away during the summer.

Bruce has now revealed the club received no firm offers for McCormack, who has made just two substitute appearances for Villa this season.

“Nobody came in for him,” said Bruce. “Sunderland played at it but it didn’t come through.

“Unfortunately that’s where we were left.

“I was a bit shocked about it but that’s the brutal harsh reality about it - nobody came in for him.

“I believe the clubs have agreed (Villa and Melbourne). It’s over to Ross.

“I wish him the best of luck no matter what people think and all the rest of it.

“He needs to go and play and get himself in the right condition for it. It could be the perfect fit for him.”

McCormack has netted just three goals for Villa since a big money move from Fulham in August 2016 and had a high-profile falling out with Bruce.

McCormack angered the Villa boss when he claimed he was not able to attend training, due to the gates to his house being stuck.

The former Rangers and Leeds hitman spent the second half of last season on loan at Nottingham Forest and though he returned to the fold for the start of pre-season, McCormack was unable to force his way back into Bruce’s plans.

Read more at https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2017/09/23/steve-bruce-australia-loan-move-will-benefit-ross-mccormack/#cgVQZtg5KqbUgppt.99

Thoroughly bizarre that you're all now reading the Wolverhampton Express and Star, the local paper when I lived in the UK, and probably still read daily by half my family...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

Think guest marquee is only for "big names"

To the FFA's discretion.... if he scored 15 goals in 10 games and considering we are the "Teacher's Pets" of the FFA, then why wouldn't they allow it?

Dont know what woul be better, that scenario ^ or the reaction of Sydney and Victory if he is accepted as a guest loan  

Edited by haz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, haz said:

IF(!) we keep him somehow when Fornaroli is back and everyone is fit......

Just need to improve RB and we have a good team (dont know why people think we will finish outside the top 6)

MelbCityRoss.JPG.a147f43242617e1371d25d71ef50d08f.JPG

OR

MelbCityRoss2.JPG.b3dc9ec452f89ce39485da9b32ca610a.JPG

Brandan can't defend, you want him to play LB? Remember him rolling around on the ground costing us a goal?

Fitzy isn't the greatest either?