Melbourne Football

Rd 01 City vs Brisbane (AAMI Fri 6/10, 7.50KO)

neio

10 minutes ago, daniboi said:

I would love to meet the genius who decided to schedule several games at 7:30 on a Sunday night. Couldn't make this stuff up

It's actually 7.00 p.m., but the point is well made.
12 Nov vs. Western Sydney 7.00 p.m.
10 Dec vs. CCM 7.00 p.m.
21 Jan Adelaide 7.00 p.m.

Isn't the fixture drawn up primarily to meet TV requirements?

IMO the issue of match-days and KO times ought to be raised by the FRG.

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

It's actually 7.00 p.m., but the point is well made.
12 Nov vs. Western Sydney 7.00 p.m.
10 Dec vs. CCM 7.00 p.m.
21 Jan Adelaide 7.00 p.m.

Isn't the fixture drawn up primarily to meet TV requirements?

IMO the issue of match-days and KO times ought to be raised by the FRG.

You're absolutely correct about TV audiences, but as someone with five young children, even 7:0 on a Sunday night is too late.  By the time the game finishes (9:00) and the children get ready for bed and get to sleep, it's 10:00, it's absolute bullshit.

2 minutes ago, SF33 said:

Tough to argue. Or to pass on your membership to someone else when you know that you definitely can't make it, which, while it is presumably against the rules, common sense would suggest that it's not policed too rigorously, when we routinely get a 75% empty stadium. Or for the club to offer a buyback scheme for unused seats when members know that they won't be attending

FYI memberships are fully transferrable, provided they would otherwise be in the same category or lower. Ie adult for adult. Obv you can't get an adult in on a kids membership etc

1 minute ago, daniboi said:

You're absolutely correct about TV audiences, but as someone with five young children, even 7:0 on a Sunday night is too late.  By the time the game finishes (9:00) and the children get ready for bed and get to sleep, it's 10:00, it's absolute bullshit.

5 kids? Man you could have done with more TV games a few years back!

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, daniboi said:

I was actually agreeing with you. It's not only children - It's hard to get MrsJW to go to a match at 5.00 p.m. on a Sunday, let alone 7.00 p.m. or 7.50 p.m.

5 minutes ago, Murfy1 said:

Hey all, I'm back from China for several weeks. For multiple reasons, it was much harder to follow the team from over there then expected.

But anyway now I look forward to seeing the team up close, and watching every minute of every match!

I've seen some of pre-season, but overall I've got a lot of catching up to do. In particular, I'm very keen to see how some new elements--new coach in Joyce, new players in marquees like Budzinski and McCormack (rep. for Fornaroli, I know), and a pretty new defence--impact the team. Also, I gather the league has tightened this season, with seemingly strong recruiting from every club. So this season looks very interesting from the outset 

Look forward to being at our truly top class stadium AAMI Park later to see the action!

Good to have you back! 

4 minutes ago, neio said:

Is Jamieson on bench due to fitness or is Muscat the preferred left back 

Jamieson had a back strain in the WSW.

But yea how fast are the Brisbane wingers? Cant see much creativity

1 minute ago, Dylan said:

Kilkenny not selected? Wazza is fucken cooked

Sick with flu

Edited by haz

3 minutes ago, Dylan said:

ABC grandstand 

Listening to Clint Bolton on Croc Media (Dont know if same radio), but Bolton already roasting our denfence last season and Bouzanis

And has now roasted us for being an Adelaide trash bin

Edited by haz

2 minutes ago, haz said:

Listening to Clint Bolton on Croc Media (Dont know if same radio), but Bolton already roasting our denfence last season and Bouzanis

And has now roasted us for being an Adelaide trash bin

Well I wouldn’t really put Carusca in the trash pile

Man, Clint Bolton hates us. Is that because of how he got let go by the club??

2 minutes ago, Imtellingyou said:

Very defensive lineup with nearly zero creativity. 

True English lower league style

Edited by haz
  • Like 1

Just now, Dylan said:

Maybe but I’ve always thought Bolton was one of the better pundits. Plus what he said is pretty much what everyone else is saying

Yes I agree with this, its good to here pundits speaking their mind ie. Bozza. I just would have thought he would have been nicer to his former employer. But I do prefer him pretty much repeating what has been spoken on this forum many times