Melbourne Football

In need of new VISUALS (Flags/Banners)

Libero

Tifo idea for Friday

'You've taken away our heart' with a big broken heart or lots of broken heart banners around the words.

Just an idea no hate pls

so we lost one game pretty badly and we are gonna have a crack out the owners lol So you would rather still stand for mediocrity then?

no but i think its a bit early to start complaining about shit, you cant expect the team to go from 10th to 1st in one season, maybe if we have 20 points at the end of the year then a tifo or banner could be justified but not yet.

Tifo idea for Friday

'You've taken away our heart' with a big broken heart or lots of broken heart banners around the words.

Just an idea no hate pls

so we lost one game pretty badly and we are gonna have a crack out the owners lol So you would rather still stand for mediocrity then?

no but i think its a bit early to start complaining about shit, you cant expect the team to go from 10th to 1st in one season, maybe if we have 20 points at the end of the year then a tifo or banner could be justified but not yet.

I reckon most supporters accept that it will take time to build, however when the football department ignores huge deficiencies in the squad (LB), which have been known for over 6 months, you have to question their judgement.

Tifo idea for Friday

Just an idea no hate pls

so we lost one game pretty badly and we are gonna have a crack out the owners lolSo you would rather still stand for mediocrity then?

no but i think its a bit early to start complaining about shit, you cant expect the team to go from 10th to 1st in one season, maybe if we have 20 points at the end of the year then a tifo or banner could be justified but not yet. You can expect more than copping your worst derby result only three games in to a new beginning of the cfg golden age though.

I understand that the team takes time to be able to work well together and I believe we will turn things around very soon but I expected a lot more then 2 points after 3 games especially since we had Newcastle at home and versed sydney when they had a few players out

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Talking of flags, what is this one that your new youngest YS members were holding up last weekend.

Why is there a dead sheep on it?

IMG_20120302_203638.jpg

Its the flag of melbourne, wiki for all your info needs.

Interesting to see back in 2012 everyone seemed to know what this was but all of a sudden when it was our new logo, no one had a clue

• 3 weeks later...

The altered rising sun flag that I was waving yesterday just needs to have the fabric properly attached/sealed/glued to the flag pole, the flag would tend to slip out a few times. Some duct tape would probably do it.

I plan on fixing it and the others I made prior to the derby. Didn't realize how much of a beating they take.

Talking of flags, what is this one that your new youngest YS members were holding up last weekend.

IMG_20120302_203638.jpg

Interesting to see back in 2012 everyone seemed to know what this was but all of a sudden when it was our new logo, no one had a clue

Anyone know where to purchase one of these close to the city?

IMG_20120302_203638.jpg

I dont know about the flag pictured but the one's that YSIDE owned (Which were donated to Melburnians) were specifically printed up for the group by a generous fan a long time ago.

I have not looked recently but I have never found a place that sells City of Melbourne Flags... a source of much frustration to me given the ease of buying Southern Cross Flags for cheap on Ebay.

IMG_20120302_203638.jpg

Its the flag of melbourne, wiki for all your info needs. Interesting to see back in 2012 everyone seemed to know what this was but all of a sudden when it was our new logo, no one had a clue

I dont know about the flag pictured but the one's that YSIDE owned (Which were donated to Melburnians) were specifically printed up for the group by a generous fan a long time ago.

I have not looked recently but I have never found a place that sells City of Melbourne Flags... a source of much frustration to me given the ease of buying Southern Cross Flags for cheap on Ebay.

That flag pictured is a YSide one. Brissie away in Season 2(?).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New Bellarine banner arrived just in time for derby day, not anywhere to hang it up in the away end though, just got waved about a bit. The material is nice and silky, if club changes the name again in the future, I will turn it into pairs of silky smooth underpants.

NewBellarineBanner_zps4d6db377.jpg

Where'd you get this made man and how much it set you back? Looking into making something..

Edited by HOLLYWOOD

New Bellarine banner arrived just in time for derby day, not anywhere to hang it up in the away end though, just got waved about a bit. The material is nice and silky, if club changes the name again in the future, I will turn it into pairs of silky smooth underpants.

Where'd you get this made man and how much it set you back? Looking into making something..

Paint it yourself, more ultra

• Like 3

From Australian Flag Makers - http://www.australianflagmakers.com.au/ , this set us back about $300, same as our old banner from same manufacturers, this one is in lighter material to keep costs down of having so many different colours. It was cheaper when we were just red and white! If i had any talent at painting i would give it a go, but in reality this should last us until they change the name of the club again and its easy to transport around too. We will take it to WSW and Adelaide this year, fits in bag very easily.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This idea would be a bit of work but if anyone is artistically inclined...

remember when that thug Terry McFlynn retired the Cove did this great banner of 'St Terry' as a stained glass window.

How about 3 banners of our 'holy trinity' St Bruno, St Aaron and St Harry as greek orthodox icons, with haloes and a gold background?

Excuse my poor Photoshop skills but here's the idea

icon.jpg.c3c52de2ec04cbd500652c27d8fb481

16 hours ago, belaguttman said:

This idea would be a bit of work but if anyone is artistically inclined...

remember when that thug Terry McFlynn retired the Cove did this great banner of 'St Terry' as a stained glass window.

How about 3 banners of our 'holy trinity' St Bruno, St Aaron and St Harry as greek orthodox icons, with haloes and a gold background?

Excuse my poor Photoshop skills but here's the idea

icon.jpg.c3c52de2ec04cbd500652c27d8fb481

None of those players are Orthodox Christians... if I remember correctly The Cove even went to the effort of using the Catholic Symbol of Ulster for McFlynn which they copped some criticism for from some fans.. 

Its good however to now have some players than deserve Tifo dedications, in the Heart days only Orlando in his short time came close to being as popular as the three you mention. (Sibon probably would have if JVS had let him play another season.

Edited by cadete

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...