Melbourne Football

City Voice active again?

3 Points

14 minutes ago, 3 Points said:

Soon after it closed you couldn't log in but now it's possible to log in, view previous posts and comment.  Was anyone told it was returning? 

Unless they're going to run it professionally this time around, I'm not bothering to go anywhere near it.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Dylan said:

I could understand why they closed it down. It was there for off field issues surveys and the like. It just turned into a rabbid cesspool of bitching and moaning about on field performances and everyone demanding a response within 2 minutes of posting.  

I'm not sure if your trying to troll or you actually think that but your wrong.

City voice was actually in theory an excellent concept. A conduit between club and fans. By not operating it properly those that remained got disillusioned and frustrated. 

Definitely on field issues shouldn't be and couldn't be responsed to directly but a simple statement of city voice cannot comment on this issue would have been appropriate. 

The major failing was their response to off field issues. It was pretty much non existent.

It was a good idea but they stuffed it up to the point it became a negative. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jovan said:

I'm not sure if your trying to troll or you actually think that but your wrong.

City voice was actually in theory an excellent concept. A conduit between club and fans. By not operating it properly those that remained got disillusioned and frustrated. 

Definitely on field issues shouldn't be and couldn't be responsed to directly but a simple statement of city voice cannot comment on this issue would have been appropriate. 

The major failing was their response to off field issues. It was pretty much non existent.

It was a good idea but they stuffed it up to the point it became a negative. 

Half trolling. TBH from what I could tell everyone expected a response to every one of their posts, or have everyone of their ideas taken up by the club, which is obviously  unrealistic. Then some would crack it either on there or come on here and bitch and moan.

Full disclosure, I totally admit to one of the ones posting crap about on field issues, mainly revolving around keeping Bruno ;)

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dylan said:

I could understand why they closed it down. It was there for off field issues surveys and the like. It just turned into a rabbid cesspool of bitching and moaning about on field performances and everyone demanding a response within 2 minutes of posting.  

No it didn't. And as Jovan says, there was a simple response available to comments about on-field matters, and if necessary the administrators could delete those threads if they wished to.

There were many sensible suggestions made via City Voice on matters such as memberships, both general and specific (the latter including facilities for members who use a wheelchair). Some of these received an acknowledgement, but I don't recall any that were brought to a definitive conclusion. Neither do I recall being advised of the results of any of the surveys. It was never going to be a respected conduit for communication under those circumstances.

• 1 month later...