Melbourne Football

Melburnians (Melbourne City Active Support)

Forever City

Not sure where to put this question so please merge if there is already a thread.
A few months ago I saw that the leadership of the Melburnians will be stepping down and that the leadership of the Melbourne City Travelling fans will take over leadership of the terrace and I have a few questions.
Firstly why the change, and secondly what were some of the difficulties in running a terrace.
Also a big thank you to the old leadership for their contribution to the atmosphere at games really appreciate what you guys did.

1 hour ago, Forever City said:

Not sure where to put this question so please merge if there is already a thread.
A few months ago I saw that the leadership of the Melburnians will be stepping down and that the leadership of the Melbourne City Travelling fans will take over leadership of the terrace and I have a few questions.
Firstly why the change, and secondly what were some of the difficulties in running a terrace.
Also a big thank you to the old leadership for their contribution to the atmosphere at games really appreciate what you guys did.

I quit and the terrace fell apart, I was the glue that held it all together. The others couldn't handle life without me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cadete said:

I heard the new Terrace might be bringing back a "Classic Capo".  

I hope they do the whole "Complete Comprehensive Classic MHFC/MCFC Capo Collection" going all the way back to Active Support in Season One of MHFC.

"Capo Clip-show"

50 minutes ago, cadete said:

I heard the new Terrace might be bringing back a "Classic Capo".  

I hope they do the whole "Complete Comprehensive Classic MHFC/MCFC Capo Collection" going all the way back to Active Support in Season One of MHFC.

What about classic trumpet players?

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Beavers said:

There was a crack in the stand going the length of it which was deemed unsafe.

I hope they fix it fast since from there cappo can control the group better then sitting in rows, just look at the last game ."should the terrace have a capo"???? cant believe this is even up for discussion, every single serious group in world has a cappo...can we even call our selves a supporters group without one...

2 minutes ago, dconder13 said:

Are they fixing it

no idea tbh mate was just chatting to the MCTF group at the pre game bar and they mention what happened. I would assume they are because they want the capo on the stand, the question is more from what I hear they didn't check the stand until Thursday.

23 minutes ago, Forever City said:

Was speaking with MCTF and the terrace can't use the C word because parents are complaining.

The terrace can't swear at all in general, there was a club dude saying "STOP SWEARING" after every chant. So we turned "you're fucking shiiiit" to "you're really baaaddd". Pisstake

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Mike said:

If they dont like the words we use in our songs then they should maybe leave or stop bringing their kids to active...

I think they are talking about the families in the bays next to active who are getting pissed off.

3 minutes ago, Forever City said:

I think they are talking about the families in the bays next to active who are getting pissed off.

I think it's shit that we can't swear, the club is becoming way to PC.

Edited by Forever City

On 10/10/2017 at 11:29 PM, Mike said:

."should the terrace have a capo"???? cant believe this is even up for discussion, every single serious group in world has a cappo...can we even call our selves a supporters group without one...

REALLY? Until I started watching Heart, I had never seen one before.

and I am darn sure after many happy years in the Trent End,  Nottingham Forest's ''active'' support are far from the only Brits not to have one. 

This must be a Euro thing....never saw one in two decades in the UK  ... Did I miss something?

2 hours ago, CityWildcat said:

and I am darn sure after many happy years in the Trent End,  Nottingham Forest's ''active'' support are far from the only Brits not to have one. 

This must be a Euro thing....never saw one in two decades in the UK  ... Did I miss something?

And where the fuck have we said we're a UK team?

• Like 1

On 10/13/2017 at 3:31 PM, CityWildcat said:

Sorry mate but the UK is on another side of the world and when it comes to our active support it is completely different to UK one so I don't know why are you even comparing us to them just look at our supporters and you will see a great difference...So if you think we could do well without capo tell us who would make our active support sing when capo is gone, since even now its bloody hard...MAYBE IT WORKS IN UK BUT NOT HERE!!!

The terrace needs a capo but most importantly it needs a capo that doesnt crack the sads every time someone else starts a chant. 

The terrace needs to flow more naturally and quit grinding out the same 5 songs to death so we run out of things to sing by the 20th minute. The crowd will start things as need be. The capo should be there to encourage and start when needed.

• Like 2

I think we need no more evidence then looking at the shit that was dishes up by the south end. That's a perfect example of how not to support your team. A capo is essential to guiding the terrace. I think we have an opportunity to be unique in this league in our style a mixture of both European and English styles. I think those in the terrace should chant and respect the capos lead the same as we expect the capo to respect those who start a chant organically.

53 minutes ago, coys said:

I think we need no more evidence then looking at the shit that was dishes up by the south end. That's a perfect example of how not to support your team. A capo is essential to guiding the terrace. I think we have an opportunity to be unique in this league in our style a mixture of both European and English styles. I think those in the terrace should chant and respect the capos lead the same as we expect the capo to respect those who start a chant organically.

I see where you're coming from but i think you're missing the point of what the South end is. The south end was everything the north terrace wasn't. A bit of fun, didnt take themselves too seriously, chanted when they felt like it and cared more about the club than mugging a bunch of teenagers after the game. Having mates in the south end it actually sounds like a bit of fun.

That being said, we only having the one terrace and imo should be in between both the north and south end, to reference our rivals.. We can have a bit of fun, but also seriously make some noise and get behind the boys as well as put up some serious tifo displays over the years.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Forever City said:

The terrace was not bad on Saturday, but can we please stop signing Seven Nation Army when we score. It's meant to be a piss take when we score against the tards, we should have our own goal song such as Zombie Nation.

Why can't we just sing whatever the new goal song is? Agree on not singing 7 nation army, but please not Zombie Nation!