Melbourne Football

An Audience WithPaul Gascoigne - Melbourne Comedy Theatre 6th Jan 2018

stephen1893

Hey Guys

Thought some of you may be interested in this .

Gazza is coming to Australia to do a series of " An Evening With " type nights  and is at the Melbourne Comedy Theatre on Sat 6th January 2018.

This is guaranteed to be a night full of great stories from his time in Football and plenty laughs ... 

Sure to be a fantastic evening and a real once in a lifetime chance to see one of the most iconic characters ever to pull on a pair of boots .

http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/Paul-Gascoigne-tickets/artist/2403002?list_view=1&tm_link=Artist_SwitchTo_List

Edited by stephen1893
wrong link attached

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, CityWildcat said:

I love your optimism.  I think it will be desperately sad. 

No thanks. 

What do you mean by this, in terms of it being a poor event or the actual stories being sad?

Gazza has horrible things happen to him since he was 7 years old, I think he'll be the same character he has always been.

I think he needs to stay firmly OUT of the spotlight and keep his life on track. 

The last thing he needs at this stage is even more hero worship from a fresh audience...and out of the view of the UK paparazzi.

Adulation has hurt him all his adult life because of his addictive personality, especially since he gave up playing. He has lapsed and lapsed and lapsed.  Gazza is only a step away from a George Best fate and that's desperately sad. 

I've always been a huge fan of his since he was at Newcastle and I did see him play in his pomp ... but he needs zero public attention as it only ends in tears.  His.  and then those of his fans.

But we all know too....he needs the money.

I think it's tragic.  I wish him good luck, but....  

On 13/10/2017 at 6:18 PM, CityWildcat said:

I think he needs to stay firmly OUT of the spotlight and keep his life on track. 

The last thing he needs at this stage is even more hero worship from a fresh audience...and out of the view of the UK paparazzi.

Adulation has hurt him all his adult life because of his addictive personality, especially since he gave up playing. He has lapsed and lapsed and lapsed.  Gazza is only a step away from a George Best fate and that's desperately sad. 

I've always been a huge fan of his since he was at Newcastle and I did see him play in his pomp ... but he needs zero public attention as it only ends in tears.  His.  and then those of his fans.

But we all know too....he needs the money.

I think it's tragic.  I wish him good luck, but....  

Not sure I agree with this. I think him being in the public light helps him more than being out of it. He's been doing this tour (which has been very well received) for a while now and it seems to have kept him on the straight and narrow a lot more than when he is trying to keep his head down and keep to himself. 
He's a natural born entertainer and I think he thrives personally from being in the limelight and having these "worshippers"