Melbourne Football

Marcin Budzinski

Forever City

12 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

As much as i would like to see him play, you just can't change the line-up the way we're playing atm.

Its actually refreshing tbh, every season we're always told 'oh dw, things will turn around once we get our marquee fit and playing' and sure, for a few games it works but it's merely a temporary fix, due to the fact the team issue has never simply been inserting one more player to fix everything. It's actually been a multitude of reasons instead.

This season the whole is greater then the sum of its parts could not be more true, and even though we are not playing 'sexy football' its really refreshing to see how defensively especially, we are working as a much better, more cohesive unit.

The only thing I would add to this is that our last 3 goals have been from set pieces with many other opportunities being squandered.

If Marcin is up to speed defensively then he needs to start against the Smurfs.

Edited by playmaker
  • Like 1

I'm trying to work out whether he suits Wazzas style. I've made mention that we can't expect his defensive skills to be on or with anyone else on the bench bar Carrusca, everyone else being far superior in that aspect. Still early days but I could see him suiting a CCM with their playing style. 

53 minutes ago, n i k o said:

I'm trying to work out whether he suits Wazzas style. I've made mention that we can't expect his defensive skills to be on or with anyone else on the bench bar Carrusca, everyone else being far superior in that aspect. Still early days but I could see him suiting a CCM with their playing style. 

Could he have slotted in as No. 9 in the absence of Bruno?

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Bellos23 said:

Wtf how is this cunt not starting? In the minutes he has played he has clearly shown his composure and skill. He adds a new dynamic to the squad but is left on the bench. I don’t get it.. he brings big presence to the final third. He is a class above the A-League same as McCormack but left on The bench. So frustrating 

He only lasts 10 minutes

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jovan said:

He has 20 minutes and did fuck all. 

I get this Koren feeling starting to seep into the equation. Although he didn't score a hat trick on debut he really needs to show something in his next run. 

Simply not good enough. 

Joyce did not stop yelling at him when he was on the pitch.

2 hours ago, Bellos23 said:

Wtf how is this cunt not starting? In the minutes he has played he has clearly shown his composure and skill. He adds a new dynamic to the squad but is left on the bench. I don’t get it.. he brings big presence to the final third. He is a class above the A-League same as McCormack but left on The bench. So frustrating 

Perhaps he's not starting because when he gets an opportunity he does an "invisible man"  impersonation.

Simply  terrible tonight 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Perhaps he's not starting because when he gets an opportunity he does an "invisible man"  impersonation.

Simply  terrible tonight 

I can tell hes got the skill, just not the fitness, I can tell Waz is a real fitness focus manager (ie. Brattan) so I can see why Budzik is not close to starting

6 hours ago, playmaker said:

Kamau and Mauk and have Carusca and Budzinski starting

Don't know about Kamau's injury but he went down to the change rooms after he came off. He may naturally miss the game. I thought that was Budzinski's best game so far but he wasn't flawless and he certainly needs more fitness (which he ought to get with more game time). My only concern with Carrusca is his pace - or lack thereof. 

36 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

When will he "be fit" then?

It's round 6. He was at man city for a couple of weeks, then came here and now we are 6 weeks in. So he's had what 9 weeks? 

On top of that it's not like he's some morbidly obese dude taking up exercise for the first time, he's a professional footballer.  He should have been right in 2 weeks, not still not fit enough* to play 30 minutes of football after 9 weeks of full time training.

* I'm not sure the problem actually is fitness.

Love the little summary at the end.

Yea I agree. Of course neither of us are the coach so we won't know the reason. But yea I think he's just lazy. (very similar to the sort of player I was actually)

Clearly under pressure and stress. Never played outside of Poland, new country, new team, new language, marquee status. Still want him to start in the midfield along with Carrusca instead of Mauk and probably Jackobsen. We are lacking of finishing quality there and Fitzy and Kamau are not a good support for Ross.

His signing remains a puzzle to me.  A marquee player should be an automatic starter - if he isn't then there's a problem that needs to be fixed. I don't understand where he's supposed to fit into the team that we have. He doesn't appear to be the creative no. 10 type, nor does he have the pace and fitness to be an out-an-out striker. His main claim to fame at this point seems to be those long bomb goals from out of nowhere - he tried one of those yesterday but didn't get hold of it.

As Shahanga says, he's a professional footballer and he should be match-fit by now. If not, he's either not trying or the cloob isn't working him hard enough.

51 minutes ago, MXG said:

Wazza clearly has a plan for the guy and hopefully he will be starting soon. 

You don't think the plan was that he'd be getting more game time or starting sooner at this point in time? To me Wazza is reacting off the back of Budzinski not showing him enough of what he wants to see from him. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 2

My summation on Budzinski is this, our play so far is a bit disjointed. But it's working to a good enough level for us to be second. The reason it's worked is because we have had players that chase everything, will run non stop and play forwrad with little structure. This matches Wazzas sentiments through preseason/season proper. I don't blame Budzinski entirely for not performing as it's as much the system as it is his strengths/weaknesses/limitations that don't match up. Like i said a couple weeks back it would appear that he'd suit let's say a CCM far better than he does us. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, n i k o said:

You don't think the plan was that he'd be getting more game time or starting sooner at this point in time? To me Wazza is reacting off the back of Budzinski not showing him enough of what he wants to see from him. 

100% that. And that the players in the XI have all performed relatively well so its been hard for anyone to break in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bt50 said:

100% that. And that the players in the XI have all performed relatively well so its been hard for anyone to break in.

Definitely.

Just based on the little I've seen of him I'm leaning towards him being a disappointing marquee but our early form and the emergence of Malik as a key cog in the midfield 3 haven't helped his case at all tbh.

I do, however, agree with JW's point that he doesn't quite seem to be the sort of player who fits well into what we're trying to do at the moment which makes his signing a little strange if Warren had indeed been watching him for a while as he claims. 

Still early days I guess.

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

His signing remains a puzzle to me.  A marquee player should be an automatic starter - if he isn't then there's a problem that needs to be fixed. I don't understand where he's supposed to fit into the team that we have. He doesn't appear to be the creative no. 10 type, nor does he have the pace and fitness to be an out-an-out striker.

I recall Budzinski billing himself as a number 6 or number 8 in an interview, which surprised me.  Doesn't seem to have the endurance or work-rate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, n i k o said:

I am 100% sure that the plan was to have attacking midfielder in dispose. Not necessarily starting from day 1. He is on the long contract, not injury replacement. If say Ross appears on the bench, that would be a clear sign that he is not performing enough. Wazza priorities was defence, therefore only players who played enough in preseason are the first choice.

3 hours ago, belaguttman said:

If my memory os accurate he wasn't the first choice for a marquee but probably the best available

I think this is the key right here.

I reckon we were set on that Croatian dude as our marquee which from memory, fell through at the end similar to Troisi. Perhaps Budzinski was a knee jerk 3rd or 4th option...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MXG said:

I am 100% sure that the plan was to have attacking midfielder in dispose. Not necessarily starting from day 1. He is on the long contract, not injury replacement. If say Ross appears on the bench, that would be a clear sign that he is not performing enough. Wazza priorities was defence, therefore only players who played enough in preseason are the first choice.

So you're saying that our marquee player is on the bench, contrary to him performing so well in recent games (in your eyes) becasue this is all part of Wazzas plan? The one part I do agree with you is Wazza is prioritising 'defencively minded' players. This has little to do with preseason. 

• Like 1

• Forever City changed the title to Marcin Budzinski - At least he's better than Koren