Melbourne Football

Marcin Budzinski

Forever City

Can we just go buy ninkovic?? this guy obviously is a lazy dud. no wonder he doesnt start under joyce.  We know what he can do, but i guess its run run run, not create create create.  shame because brattan seems to do the job better and adapted to the new style of coaching, but isnt a through and through 10, more an 8.  under this system, how do you actually score when attacking is so boring.

1 hour ago, Originalmeme said:

Can we just go buy ninkovic?? this guy obviously is a lazy dud. no wonder he doesnt start under joyce.  We know what he can do, but i guess its run run run, not create create create.  shame because brattan seems to do the job better and adapted to the new style of coaching, but isnt a through and through 10, more an 8.  under this system, how do you actually score when attacking is so boring.

Is ''run run run'' is one of his best attributes??

Edited by Mr MO

5 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

We have only 4 visa players, and one didn't get on the field in an important match. It's no wonder we continue to underachieve. We can't go on like this.

All visa players should be of the quality that they are the first names on the sheet. If they arnt what is the point of wasting such a precious spot in the squad

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mr MO said:

Is there a visa rule change coming up next season?

The rule we abide by is that each season at least 1 visa or Marquee is injured or on the bench for a minimum of 15 games. If we get close to not achieving that then just terminate their contract and don't replace. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

So Wazza now thinks so little of Marcin that he’d rather play both Manny Muscat and Harrison Delbridge out of position then have him on as a #10.

i presume the issue is his non existent work rate.

All in all what a waste of our marquee spot. Pretty hard to win titles when you make recruitment errors like this.

2 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

So Wazza now thinks so little of Marcin that he’d rather play both Manny Muscat and Harrison Delbridge out of position then have him on as a #10.

i presume the issue is his non existent work rate.

All in all what a waste of our marquee spot. Pretty hard to win titles when you make recruitment errors like this.

Having seen the style of player he is I'm not quite sure why we recruited him.

We really needed a creative, playmaking #10 and Marcin is not that at all. I understand he was the third choice behind Palic and Troisi but it's definitely a recruitment error.

1 hour ago, Embee said:

Having seen the style of player he is I'm not quite sure why we recruited him.

We really needed a creative, playmaking #10 and Marcin is not that at all. I understand he was the third choice behind Palic and Troisi but it's definitely a recruitment error.

Disagree. When he is played in the correct position he has been very creative and by far the number 1 choice as a CAM.

Playing Mauk instead of Bud is a clear error IMO.

8 hours ago, playmaker said:

Disagree. When he is played in the correct position he has been very creative and by far the number 1 choice as a CAM.

Playing Mauk instead of Bud is a clear error IMO.

The bloke's had 26 games to prove himself. The fact he's been no where near a starting spot at this point shows he's not up to it / doesn't adapt properly. 

Maybe a change of style where Bud gets his best position would help, but in the end it's about whats best for the team aka the squad not individuals.

So in other words Bud needs to go seasons end. Been better than Koren, but still has been shit.  Simply can't adapt.

Edited by mattyh001

Imo warren just has no faith in him from adefensive standpoint, and we are in a phase where weve not had to chase a game so bringing him on doesnt offer us much incentive. Had we been chasing a goal in the last few to win it then i think it may have been a different story.

Wazza’s system has the no 10 as a hard working, pressure applying defensive midfielder who makes chances for others by being involved in creating turnovers, or ghosting into the box for goal scoring opportunities. This is Mauk or Muscat, not Marcin.

If we are winning or not losing, this is the system he plays.

if we are losing, he changes and goes for a more positive creative player in that position. That’s when he’d use Marcin. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

Wazza’s system has the no 10 as a hard working, pressure applying defensive midfielder who makes chances for others by being involved in creating turnovers, or ghosting into the box for goal scoring opportunities. This is Mauk or Muscat, not Marcin.

If we are winning or not losing, this is the system he plays.

if we are losing, he changes and goes for a more positive creative player in that position. That’s when he’d use Marcin. 

This is our goal (again) to get a player next season that can do both

10 hours ago, haz said:

@playmaker, you stood up for Koren and now are standing up for Bud. Im worried for your health when we sign our next dud marquee and you suffer a brain aneurysm from defending him so much.

The only reason I stand up for Marquees is because they must be played. They are match winning players who have been recruited because they are the best players in the team.

I don't care about them as such but I do care about the success of the team.

Bud hasn't been given a fair chance in my view and because of that the team is not playing at its full potential.

This I have said all along both with Koren and Bud and it is correct, Marquees must start every game.

2 minutes ago, playmaker said:

The only reason I stand up for Marquees is because they must be played. They are match winning players who have been recruited because they are the best players in the team.

Bud hasn't been given a fair chance in my view and because of that the team is not playing at its full potential.

This I have said all along both with Koren and Bud and it is correct, Marquees must start every game.

That's laughable dude, if a player is out of form they're out of form regardless of the name on the back of the shirt 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Being the best players, hypothetically speaking they should start everytime. However does your stance on marquees take into consideration their performances? 

10 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Being the best players, hypothetically speaking they should start everytime. However does your stance on marquees take into consideration their performances? 

Of course, but in relation to Bud, how many opportunities has he had to play in his true position? Also if you have played the game, which I assume you have, how important is it to play in the heat of battle to gain a true understanding with your team mates?

Marquee (best player) plus playing continuity must be a priority for the manager in the A-League.

Playing Bud and Bruno together is a no brainer IMO.

2 hours ago, playmaker said:

Of course, but in relation to Bud, how many opportunities has he had to play in his true position? Also if you have played the game, which I assume you have, how important is it to play in the heat of battle to gain a true understanding with your team mates?

Marquee (best player) plus playing continuity must be a priority for the manager in the A-League.

Playing Bud and Bruno together is a no brainer IMO.

I'd say more than he has not. Remembering back to his final game (against Sydney at home) my impression was he didn't give his all. There were times he gave up chasing or running for a ball. I agree with you regarding the importance of playing. My point is I don't think he has been dropped due to his lack of understanding with his team mates but more so his inability/desire to be the player that Joyce wants him to be. Which brings us to the real crux of the problem and something many people are saying, we simply recruited poorly when it came to Budzinski.

• Like 3

Munn and Petrillo went to Manchester to discuss recruitment of our new manager in May 2017. Warren Joyce was announced as the man on 19th June. Budzinski wasn't announced until 18th September. If Joyce wasn't (at the very least) consulted in the recruitment of Budzinski then he should have been, and if he was then he is at least partially culpable for signing the wrong player.

35 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Munn and Petrillo went to Manchester to discuss recruitment of our new manager in May 2017. Warren Joyce was announced as the man on 19th June. Budzinski wasn't announced until 18th September. If Joyce wasn't (at the very least) consulted in the recruitment of Budzinski then he should have been, and if he was then he is at least partially culpable for signing the wrong player.

Or we simply put the name wrong on scouting sheet and  got Budzinksi instead of Mierzejewski

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, n i k o said:

Remembering back to his final game (against Sydney at home) my impression was he didn't give his all.

Come on Niko he was playing striker just after Ross left, we had no forward target and our attacking play was in disarray. Totally unfair in my view.

1 hour ago, playmaker said:

Come on Niko he was playing striker just after Ross left, we had no forward target and our attacking play was in disarray. Totally unfair in my view.

Him not being able to impact the game due to being played out of position, yeh fair enough. Him IMO not putting in the required effort, seems completely fair to be critical if you ask me. Not that this game was the be all and end all of his entire career at Melbourne City. Again it's obvious he doesn't fit the mould that Joyce wants. I've said going back to early in the season that I've felt he'd be better suited to a CCM than us. As a club we clearly made a mistake with his appointment as marquee.  

Edited by n i k o

2 hours ago, n i k o said:

Him not being able to impact the game due to being played out of position, yeh fair enough. Him IMO not putting in the required effort, seems completely fair to be critical if you ask me. Not that this game was the be all and end all of his entire career at Melbourne City. Again it's obvious he doesn't fit the mould that Joyce wants. I've said going back to early in the season that I've felt he'd be better suited to a CCM than us. As a club we clearly made a mistake with his appointment as marquee.  

Clearly we have made a mistake as you suggest.

I think a bigger mistake is not playing him because clearly is better than Mauk. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, n i k o said:

But not better in the qualities that Joyce sees as important to the team (Effort, intensity, defensive duties

I think you would be surprised of this defensive stats compared to Mauk even though he has played 3 games as a striker. But I get it, but I don't agree with it and tbh even playing out of position he still managed 2 goals and 1 assist which was given on a plate to Mauk's head which not even a blind man could have missed.

Wazza is wrong and has no reason at all not to play our marquee.

13 minutes ago, playmaker said:

I think you would be surprised of this defensive stats compared to Mauk even though he has played 3 games as a striker. But I get it, but I don't agree with it and tbh even playing out of position he still managed 2 goals and 1 assist which was given on a plate to Mauk's head which not even a blind man could have missed.

Mauk Marcin
Minutes played 1,508 835
Tackles won 27 9
Tackles success rate 64.3 56.3
Clearances 13 1
Blocks 4 1
Interceptions 19 10

Lost in this conversation is the fact that Mauk spent his best period in the A-League (at Adelaide) playing a much deeper role so is arguably being played out of position too. Structurally the team defends much better with Mauk in the side and our midfield has looked considerably more coherent with him in there than with Budzinski.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Well @n i k o just gave you the main, and fairly obvious one, so wrong.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, playmaker said:

Edited because playmakers being a bored cunt at work ;)

Edited by n i k o

Just throwing up some stats for those interested

• General

Marcin Budzinski
    Melbourne City FC

Stefan Mauk
    Melbourne City FC
    Games played 16 20
    Minutes played 835 1,508
    Starts 8 19
    Substituted on 8 1
    Substituted off 4 11
  • Attack

Goals 5                               4
    Penalties 0                                0
    Minutes per goal 167                                 377
    Shots on target 13                               10
    Shooting accuracy 68.4                              37
    Successful crosses 3                            2
    Crossing accuracy 60                            100
    Assists 1                          1
    Key Passes (inc. assists) 11                            11
    Penalties won 0                        2
    Offsides 3                        2
  • Defence

Tackles won 9                                   27
    Tackles success rate 56.3                                    64.3
    Clearances 1                               13
    Blocks 1                             4
    Interceptions 10                              19
  • Distribution

Successful passes 311                               457
    Passing accuracy 86.4                                79.8

Passing accuracy

in opponents' half (%)

84.2                             79.4
    Successful dribbles 10                                13
  • Discipline

Fouls won                    9                                  22
    Fouls conceded 20                               29
    Penalties conceded 0                            0
    Yellow cards 2                             1
    Red cards 0                               0

Overall efficiency

BUD                      MAUK

Minutes                                          835                           1508

mins/goal                                      167                             377

mins/SOtarget                                64                            150         

mins/successful cross                  278                             754      

mins/ key passes incl assist         75                              137          

mins/successful pass                  2.6                               3.2

mins/successful dribble               84                               116

So if we want to look at the defensive side we need to take away the time he spent as striker which is about 250 minutes then:

BUD                        MAUK

Mins                                 585                           1508

mins/tackle won               65                              56

mins/clearance                585                            116

mins/block                       585                            377

mins/inteception              59                              79

Conclusion:

Wazza is a dick and its really quiet at work today :)

Round and round in circles we go. We need a key stat. How many independent "likes" do Playmaker's posts get as opposed to those by Embee and bt50? Of course, the latter two not allowed to include Embee's posts "liked" by bt50 and vice versa.

Returning to the thread...I'll be surprised if Budzinski is with us next season. For whatever reason he's not getting much game time, and that's tying up a visa marquee spot unnecessarily and not doing his career much good either. I'm tipping that we'll negotiate a release.

• Like 2