Melbourne Football

Marcin Budzinski

Forever City

3 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Round and round in circles we go. We need a key stat. How many independent "likes" do Playmaker's posts get as opposed to those by Embee and bt50? Of course, the latter two not allowed to include Embee's posts "liked" by bt50 and vice versa.

Returning to the thread...I'll be surprised if Budzinski is with us next season. For whatever reason he's not getting much game time, and that's tying up a visa marquee spot unnecessarily and not doing his career much good either. I'm tipping that we'll negotiate a release.

What's the point of us even coming to this stupid forum then?!

Way to ruin our fun JW

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Round and round in circles we go. We need a key stat. How many independent "likes" do Playmaker's posts get as opposed to those by Embee and bt50? Of course, the latter two not allowed to include Embee's posts "liked" by bt50 and vice versa.

Returning to the thread...I'll be surprised if Budzinski is with us next season. For whatever reason he's not getting much game time, and that's tying up a visa marquee spot unnecessarily and not doing his career much good either. I'm tipping that we'll negotiate a release.

I am just bored, that's all

interesting

PLAYER COMPARE (2017/18)

• General

Marcin Budzinski
    Melbourne City FC

Stefan Mauk
    Melbourne City FC

Bruno Fornaroli
    Melbourne City FC

Ross McCormack
    Melbourne City FC

Daniel Arzani
    Melbourne City FC

Dario Vidosic
    Melbourne City FC
    Games played 16 20 7 17 15 23
    Minutes played 835 1,508 449 1,207 938 1,890
    Starts 8 19 5 14 12 23
    Substituted on 8 1 2 3 3 0
    Substituted off 4 11 2 9 10 8
  • Attack

Goals 5 4 4 14 2 9
    Penalties 0 0 1 4 1 0
    Minutes per goal 167 377 112.3 86.2 469 210
    Shots on target 13 10 10 35 10 20
    Shooting accuracy 68.4 37 58.8 74.5 55.6 46.5
    Successful crosses 3 2 0 0 7 2
    Crossing accuracy 60 100 - 0 20.6 11.8
    Assists 1 1 1 0 3 2
    Key Passes (inc. assists) 11 11 4 11 18 25
    Penalties won 0 2 0 1 1 1
    Offsides 3 2 4 16 5 6
  • Defence

Tackles won 9 27 5 1 9 25
    Tackles success rate 56.3 64.3 55.6 100 56.3 71.4
    Clearances 1 13 0 5 0 27
    Blocks 1 4 0 0 0 2
    Interceptions 10 19 1 1 7 26
  • Distribution

Successful passes 311 457 91 236 286 548
    Passing accuracy 86.4 79.8 75.8 72 77.9 81.8
    Passing accuracy in opponents' half (%) 84.2 79.4 68.5 63.5 69.8 74.3
    Successful dribbles 10 13 5 8 78 13
  • Discipline

Fouls won 9 22 16 16 35 33
    Fouls conceded 20 29 17 11 21 23
    Penalties conceded 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Yellow cards 2 1 1 2 3 0
    Red cards 0 0 0 0 0 0

Overall efficiency

BUD.     MAUK    Forns    ROSS    Arz        Vid

Mins

835         1508       449       1207    938    1890

Mins/goal 

167 (3rd)   377     112.3    86      469     210

mins/SOtarget                               

64 (3rd)    150        45        35       94        94    

mins/successful cross     

278 (2nd)  754     N/A      N/A    134      945

mins/ key passes incl assist       

75 (2nd)    137     112      110       52      75   

mins/successful pass                   

2.6 (1st)     3.2        4.9     5.11    3.3      3.44   

mins/successful dribble   

84 (2nd)     116       90        151    12        145        

As suspected, Wazza is leaving out our match winner.

Stats show Bud is one of the most efficient and consistent players in our front half. 

What a farce.

He must be an inclusion in our forward half for the finals.

Drain the swamp...................Wazza out.................... this club is a joke

Edited by playmaker

44 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

The formatting above may have just given me cancer. 

This thread already gave me cancer, that formatting gave me an infection from my forum immune system being so low

• 2 months later...
20 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

Not totally sure how trustworthy the source is but From The Stands have reported Budz is going back to the club he came from in Poland

Seems legit

https://eurosport.interia.pl/klub-cracovia/news-marcin-budzinski-wrocil-do-cracovii,nId,2595702

Google translate

Marcin Budziński became the new player of Cracovia, the ninth team of the previous league season. He informed the Krakow club about signing a two-year contract with his former player.

27-year-old Budziński spent the last season in Melbourne City FC. In the colors of this team he played 17 games in which he scored five goals. advertisement Earlier in 2011-17, Budziński was a football player of Cracovia, but last summer he did not decide to extend the contract with "Passes" and became associated with the Australian club.

He was supposed to play there for two years, but he did not do very well. He appeared on the pitch for the last time at the beginning of March. That's why he decided to terminate the contract and return - as a free player - to Cracovia. - I'm glad I'm coming back to Cracovia.

While playing in Australia, I have certainly gained new experience and I hope that I will be able to use them in Poland, for the benefit of "Belts" - said Budziński quoted by the official club website.

1 minute ago, Heart of oakleigh said:

Does this mean Budzinski still gets payed out for his second year cause he is still under contract? or still gets payed out if he willingly terminates his contract?

Depends on how they negotiated the termination. Likely story would be some sort of severence payment however.

6 minutes ago, bt50 said:

I'm pretty sure Adrian is on a three year deal with Sydney FC, which would require them to release him to join us as we aren't allowed to pay a transfer fee. Not gonna happen.

Its the A-League, contracts mean nothing. Just offer a player a good wage, then he'll walk. And if the club doesnt let him, then you have the best player on an opposition team unhappy.

Even more so, imagine the Salt if Manchester pay a transfer fee then he gets loaned to us

Edited by haz

6 minutes ago, haz said:

Its the A-League, contracts mean nothing. Just offer a player a good wage, then he'll walk. And if the club doesnt let him, then you have the best player on an opposition team unhappy.

Even more so, imagine the Salt if Manchester pay a transfer fee then he gets loaned to us

You can't just walk, it has to be mutual termination. The best player on the oppo team being unhappy could def happen, but i really can't see Sydney terminating to let him go to us for nothing. The Manchester thing can't happen either due to the Caceras rule.

Adrian is off the table.

10 minutes ago, bt50 said:

You can't just walk, it has to be mutual termination. The best player on the oppo team being unhappy could def happen, but i really can't see Sydney terminating to let him go to us for nothing. The Manchester thing can't happen either due to the Caceras rule.

Adrian is off the table.

When I wrote 'Walk' I meant mutual termination.  And in terms of the Caceras rule, anything can happen with the FFA its just a big guess what rule they will bring in or remove.

Believe BT believe!

Edited by haz

2 minutes ago, haz said:

When I wrote 'Walk' I meant mutual termination.  And in terms of the Caceras rule, anything can happen with the FFA its just a big guess what rule they will bring in or remove.

Believe BT believe!

As far as Sydney is concerned though why would they let their best player go to a rival for nothing. Fair enough if he wants to leave to get more cash, but if it was us you'd be saying you're not going anywhere without a transfer fee, least of all not going for nothing to our direct rival.

11 minutes ago, bt50 said:

As far as Sydney is concerned though why would they let their best player go to a rival for nothing. Fair enough if he wants to leave to get more cash, but if it was us you'd be saying you're not going anywhere without a transfer fee, least of all not going for nothing to our direct rival.

Yea of course that is the case. It would just be a Coutinho case all over again (on a much smaller scale though).

From what I understand hes on $800k? If we offer $1.6m (doubt CFG would pay this) then Im sure it would get him thinking

26 minutes ago, haz said:

Yea of course that is the case. It would just be a Coutinho case all over again (on a much smaller scale though).

From what I understand hes on $800k? If we offer $1.6m (doubt CFG would pay this) then Im sure it would get him thinking

I'd heard 560k on a three year deal, hence why he's under the cap.
Irrespective of the amount, he can only leave if he's mutually terminated or sold by Sydney. Sydney can't sell him to another A League club due to the transfer rules, and likewise he can't be sold to another club and then loaned to an A League club within 12 months under the Caceres rule, so that leaves mutual termination.
In that instance Sydney have zero incentive to release him under that clause, because it would directly strengthen a rival and they'd receive no compensation. Sure, they could let him go by mutual termination to another club overseas, which they'd still prob be reluctant to do for no transfer fee, but at least it wouldnt strengthen a direct rival.

What we offer him and whether it makes him think is basically irrelevant, other than to perhaps unsettle him and make him annoyed at Sydney because they won't match it (nor are they obliged to).

Edited by bt50
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, malloy said:

Finally, Wazza is draining the swamp! You got what you asked for @playmaker.

This is great news, now we need to find the moron who signed Bud and wasted our marquee position which was the reason why we didn't win last season. The swamp has been partially drained but needs to be fully drained. Terminate the person responsible for signing him.

Wazza, FFS get a marquee that you will play every week.

Munn and Petrillo out.

DRAIN THE SWAMP.

Not going to join the haters. Best of luck to Marcin. It didn't work out, bloke is probably feeling pretty bruised by the experience and probably happy to be back home in Krakow. Seems someone may have dropped a bollock signing him, but more inclined to look forward and hope for better. 

• Like 2

If you think Melbourne City FC is a corrupt, toxic, cesspool of vileness that can only be fixed by completey emptying and starting again, then by all means use the term “drain the swamp”. 

To me, that phrase is pretty dumb in terms of describing our club, and has already gathered far more traction than it deserves. 

C’mon people ...one day as a lion is better than a lifetime as a sheep.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

If you think Melbourne City FC is a corrupt, toxic, cesspool of vileness that can only be fixed by completey emptying and starting again, then by all means use the term “drain the swamp”. 

To me, that phrase is pretty dumb in terms of describing our club, and has already gathered far more traction than it deserves. 

Theres only one kid here refering to that

17 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

If you think Melbourne City FC is a corrupt, toxic, cesspool of vileness

Munn, Petrillo, Valkanis JVS, Cahill Kilkenny,  Montemurro, Kamau and others that have been the above description.

All have been part of the culture issue, bad decisions and incompetence.

that can only be fixed by completey emptying and starting again, then by all means use the term “drain the swamp”. 

Errors everywhere and unfortunately Bud was a victim of the Munn/Petrillo circus.

Good luck to Bud and hope his career excels in leaps and bounds and I hope he has become a better player under Wazza.

But don't ignore the elephant in the room, the rotten head that has been the cause of the junk this club has pushed out off the field.

If Wazza takes control of the signings, which it looks like he is, then the correction is occurring, however the dead wood exists at the top.

I think it is absolutely unforgivable that we haven't had a marquee starting every game for 5 years, when a marquee is meant to be the best player on the team. This fatal error has cost us at least 2 grand finals and 2 trips to Asia. Heads should have rolled over this a long time ago.