Melbourne Football

Marcin Budzinski

Forever City

3 hours ago, playmaker said:

Bud is not a striker and shouldn't be played there. In the second half he got him self into the game and I was surprised to see him hounding and taking possession in the RB area.

He had a poor game I agree however it is good to see him working harder than I have seen him previously.

To say the horse has bolted is a bit of an over reaction but hey if we can get a better player to replace him why not.

You have been a defender of both Joyce and Bud. Yet, and I agree with you, he seems to be continually played out of position by Joyce. Why do you think that is the case? and if you could play Bud in the CAM how would you rejig the team?

2 hours ago, NewConvert said:

You have been a defender of both Joyce and Bud. Yet, and I agree with you, he seems to be continually played out of position by Joyce. Why do you think that is the case? and if you could play Bud in the CAM how would you rejig the team?

I say it the way I see it and i don't have bias to anyone. The only bias I have is to see MCFC win every game and every trophy. My perceived bias to Bud is nothing more than he is a Marquee and CAM so he should be on the pitch in that position. I understand he was out of condition when he joined but he has had enough time to get up to speed. We need our marquee firing for us to win trophies so either he gets played or get rid of him.

In the last game Wazza should have started Vidosic up front as he is more comfortable central and forward. As we saw when Ross came on, Bud played very well compared to the first half and Vidosic became a centrally positioned target because Ross was dragging defenders out of of the box.

All 3 are very smart players and are match winners if played right. We are getting there and we are a much better balanced team than previous years and we run out games well.

• Like 1

Time for some stats

https://www.transfermarkt.com/marcin-budzinski/leistungsdaten/spieler/82173/saison/2017/plus/1#AUS1

Marcin Budzinski: 638 mins - 5 goals - 1 assist --> 106 mins per contribution

In comparison.......

Andrew Nabbout: 1654 mins - 8 goals - 6 assists --> 118 mins per contribution

Milos Ninkovic: 1317 mins - 3 goals - 2 assists --> 263 mins per contribution

Dimi Petratos: 1607 mins - 7 goals - 6 assists --> 123 mins per contribution

Adrian Mierzejewski: 1229 mins - 9 goals - 6 assists --> 81 mins per contribution

Of course this does not take into account work-rate, defensive stats or chances created. But agaisnt the leagues top performing midfielders Budzik arguably contributes more to goals then most.

(Also I thought Budzik had more then 1 assist?)

EDIT: My math was wrong

Edited by haz
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, haz said:

Time for some stats

https://www.transfermarkt.com/marcin-budzinski/leistungsdaten/spieler/82173/saison/2017/plus/1#AUS1

In comparison.......

Adrian Mierzejewski: 1229 mins - 9 goals - 6 assists --> 81 mins per contribution

Of course this does not take into account work-rate, defensive stats or chances created. But agaisnt the leagues top performing midfielders Budzik arguably contributes more to goals then most.

Now for some math

Assuming Budzik continues at this rate of scoring/assisting (contributing), his total minutes per contribution can be calculated for Adrian's total playing time of 1229 mins.

Budzik Total Mins = 638

Budzik Total Goals+Assists = 6

Target Total Playing Time = 1229    (It is still possible for Budzik to reach it this season)

Budzik Potential Goals+Assists = x

Therefore

6/638 = x/1229

--> x ≈ 20

Hence

Budzik at his current rate should have 20 goals+assists by the time he has played 1229 mins. As a result (1229/20) Budzik would have around 62 mins per contribution. As a comparison, in Mooy's last season with City he had 108 mins per contribution.

NB: All this data is from Transfermarkt, I know Mooy according to Fox had 15+ assists

I love your work on this forum Haz, but you need to get out more mate

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

I love your work on this forum Haz, but you need to get out more mate

Cheers ive heard that way too much :D

-2C outside right now, about -6C with wind. I think im staying inside

Edited by haz

8 hours ago, haz said:

Time for some stats

In comparison.......

Now for some math

Assuming Budzik continues at this rate of scoring/assisting (contributing), his total minutes per contribution can be calculated for Adrian's total playing time of 1229 mins.

Budzik Total Mins = 638

Budzik Total Goals+Assists = 6

Target Total Playing Time = 1229    (It is still possible for Budzik to reach it this season)

Budzik Potential Goals+Assists = x

Therefore

6/638 = x/1229

--> x ≈ 20

Hence

Budzik at his current rate should have 20 goals+assists by the time he has played 1229 mins. As a result (1229/20) Budzik would have around 62 mins per contribution. As a comparison, in Mooy's last season with City he had 108 mins per contribution.

NB: All this data is from Transfermarkt, I know Mooy according to Fox had 15+ assists

Great work 

My only question is that Budzinski has been playing more as a forward than a Midfielder. So how does his stats compare to the other forwards.

@Jovan For Strikers (Top 5 that haven't been compared yet)

Marcin Budzinski: 638 mins - 5 goals - 1 assist --> 106 mins per contribution

In comparison.......

Bobo: 1571 mins - 18 goals - 5 assists --> 68 mins per contribution

Ross McCormack: 1206 mins - 14 goals - 0 assists --> 86 mins per contribution

Besart Berisha: 1523 mins - 8 goals - 2 assists --> 152 mins per contribution

Massimo Maccarone: 1692 mins - 8 goals - 2 assists --> 169 mins per contribution

Andrija Kaludjerovic: 1458 mins - 8 goals - 0 assists --> 182 mins per contribution

• Like 2

IMO assists are not really a very important statistic. You can be an integral part of an attack and involved in every goal scored yet never be the player who makes the final pass. Fitzgerald was an example of this in the first half of this season - he was involved in a lot of our goals, but never/rarely the final pass.

8 hours ago, jw1739 said:

IMO assists are not really a very important statistic. You can be an integral part of an attack and involved in every goal scored yet never be the player who makes the final pass. Fitzgerald was an example of this in the first half of this season - he was involved in a lot of our goals, but never/rarely the final pass.

Yea I tried to make that point, hence why I think someone like Ninkovic is let down by those direct stats.

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, neio said:

I'd say the same way Bruno was under cap in his first season here

I meant more how is their squad not over the cap. He would not have beeb getting paid peanuts in Turkey and UAE

in 2013, his salary was 830,000 Eur

Edited by haz

23 hours ago, haz said:

I meant more how is their squad not over the cap. He would not have beeb getting paid peanuts in Turkey and UAE

in 2013, his salary was 830,000 Eur

He should've gone to Inter at his peak but he went for the oil cash and disappeared off the football map. Obviously wouldn't get paid anywhere near what he did in oil land... Hence under the cap.

Edited by HeartFc

13 hours ago, haz said:

How did we sign the wrong Polish bloke. Also how is Adrian under the cap?

IIRC he was signed under the cap this year, with a marquee slot for the second two years. Back ended deal as far as i was aware. I suspect one of Bobo or Ninko wont be here next year, or even Adrian if he gets bought and heads back overseas.

I have no doubts they are under cap

For a start none of their players outside of first 11 would be on much at all

They only have 4 visa players, and only 2 of them are in the cap

Players like redmayne, o'neill and zullo were discarded by their previous club, and I can't imagine are on massive money

Brosque would be on less than what he would have been on 5 years ago

Wiltshire is an injury replacement player

So the majority of their cap would be made up mierzejewski, buijs, Wilkinson and brillante

7 hours ago, neio said:

I have no doubts they are under cap

For a start none of their players outside of first 11 would be on much at all

They only have 4 visa players, and only 2 of them are in the cap

Players like redmayne, o'neill and zullo were discarded by their previous club, and I can't imagine are on massive money

Brosque would be on less than what he would have been on 5 years ago

Wiltshire is an injury replacement player

So the majority of their cap would be made up mierzejewski, buijs, Wilkinson and brillante

And the Cap will ruin it all for them, watch this offseason there will be fireworks.

4 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Absolutely they do. That said not a single Essendon player tested positive and anecdotally the two (former) elite athletes I know are both adamant that literally everyone is doping, so go figure.

I think its a case of people doping but also more drugs being 'banned' soon enough a regular cup of coffee will be banned. But yea I think both City and Sydney would be doing some borderline sport science.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, haz said:

I think its a case of people doping but also more drugs being 'banned' soon enough a regular cup of coffee will be banned. But yea I think both City and Sydney would be doing some borderline sport science.

In the late 80s there was an Australian cyclist who was banned for doping. He successfully challenged the ruling on the grounds that 12 cups of coffee push his levels up. So then there are guidelines as to the amount of caffeine products athletes can consume.

The real issue is that the drug producers are faster than the drug detection.

• 3 weeks later...

For me, what has happened to Budzinski is up there with what Joyce did to Kilkenny this season. A marquee player signed on a two-year contract who can't get a start. How a marquee can ever demonstrate that he's a marquee unless he gets on the pitch is beyond me.

Either Budzinski was a very poor signing, or he is another player who is being poorly managed by Joyce. What's happening at the moment is ridiculous.

Surely someone's head has to roll over this?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

For me, what has happened to Budzinski is up there with what Joyce did to Kilkenny this season. A marquee player signed on a two-year contract who can't get a start. How a marquee can ever demonstrate that he's a marquee unless he gets on the pitch is beyond me.

Either Budzinski was a very poor signing, or he is another player who is being poorly managed by Joyce. What's happening at the moment is ridiculous.

Surely someone's head has to roll over this?

I think it's a but from column A and a bit from column B

He isn't marquee quality, I think everyone is in agreement of that. But I agree he hasn't been given a real crack at it. He looked to hit some form when he scored a brace but then the next week you almost forgot he was playing again.

Not sure where this leaves him or us for that matter as I don't believe we can go into another season with him as a marquee player 

7 hours ago, neio said:

I think it's a but from column A and a bit from column B

He isn't marquee quality, I think everyone is in agreement of that. But I agree he hasn't been given a real crack at it. He looked to hit some form when he scored a brace but then the next week you almost forgot he was playing again.

Not sure where this leaves him or us for that matter as I don't believe we can go into another season with him as a marquee player 

Definitely can't keep in the Marquee bracket.

Problem is he has a contract. He agreed to move over to the other side of the world and play in lets be honest a pretty weak league, why would he now agree to continue to do that, plus sit on the bench, get played as a striker or false 9 or whatever he is asked to do for less cash. 

Him and Joyce will be with us again next season regardless of what should happen.