Melbourne Football

Marcin Budzinski

Forever City

Serious question.

If Budzinksi goes in January (which he wont), where do we need a marquee the most? I would say a genuine #10. What will that mean for Caruscca? Well nothing because hes stuck in the black hole, split of time and space which is the injury duration of a Germano

Edited by haz

2 minutes ago, haz said:

Serious question.

If Budzinksi goes in January (which he wont), where do we need a marquee the most? I would say a genuine #10. What will that mean for Caruscca? Well nothing because hes stuck in the black hole, split of time and space which is the injury duration of a Germano

I said a little while ago, i wouldn't be surprised if we let him go and hold onto McCormack. Then perhaps look at some sort of 4-4-2 or whatever where Bruno sits just behind Ross. My thoughts anyway.

1 minute ago, rass said:

I said a little while ago, i wouldn't be surprised if we let him go and hold onto McCormack. Then perhaps look at some sort of 4-4-2 or whatever where Bruno sits just behind Ross. My thoughts anyway.

Still a bit concerned how Bruno, Timmy, and Ross would fit in a team... if it works then we win the league.

7 minutes ago, haz said:

Serious question.

Could do worse than try to get hold of a guy called Erhun Oztumer, scoring for fun playing for my home town club, Walsall, in English League 1. Genuine attacking, creative 10, rate him very highly, and likely to leave at the end of the season.

• 2 weeks later...

someone has to put their hand up for this signing .... what a schmozzle 

A visa Marquee should be one of the first to be pencilled into the team sheet

On the bench , didn't get a run 

I know he scored the cracker in the Derby, but seriously, what has he done since .... gone missing for most of the time he is on the field.

I've heard the argument that he is being played out of position...

My view: a Visa Marquee should be able to impose them self on a match regardless of where they are being played ... 

this is reminding me of the Max Beister signing for Victory last year 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, japiedog said:

someone has to put their hand up for this signing .... what a schmozzle 

A visa Marquee should be one of the first to be pencilled into the team sheet

On the bench , didn't get a run 

I know he scored the cracker in the Derby, but seriously, what has he done since .... gone missing for most of the time he is on the field.

I've heard the argument that he is being played out of position...

My view: a Visa Marquee should be able to impose them self on a match regardless of where they are being played ... 

this is reminding me of the Max Beister signing for Victory last year 

It's definitely a whiff for the club, he'd be a disappointment even as standard VISA player let alone a marquee. For all our successful recruiting in general, we've normally carried a pretty poor Marquee; Koren, Colazo and now Budzinski. 

To be fair, he definitely wasn't our first (or seemingly second) choice for that role but I just don't see how our scouts/recruitment department would have seen him fitting into this system if they'd watched enough of him. Would like to see us cut him in January and use his spot to keep Ross.

Edited by Embee

To my eyes, this guy has been our worst bust yet and we have some beauties.

Bar that Victory goal, we seem significantly worse when he is on the pitch - has been extremely unimpressive with very poor touch and control, and basically we seem to play like a 10 v 11 with him on the pitch.

Hopefully we can offload him in Jan, and Wazza can get someone who fits into his system. With Bruno coming back, as long as we are in touch with Syd at the turn  we are still a massive show for the season.

21 minutes ago, Embee said:

It's definitely a whiff for the club, he'd be a disappointment even as standard VISA player let alone a marquee. For all our successful recruiting in general, we've normally carried a pretty poor Marquee; Koren, Colazo and now Budzinski. 

To be fair, he definitely wasn't our first (or seemingly second) choice for that role but I just don't see how our scouts/recruitment department would have seen him fitting into this system if they'd watched enough of him. Would like to see us cut him in January and use his spot to keep Ross.

I know that he was a "last man standing" choice, but it is his performance( or lack of) that is frustrating. You'd hardly be happy with his performance from a "squad player" 

2 minutes ago, playmaker said:

He needs to start if he is fit as he is on a 2 year deal. 

From memory neither Casto nor Ninkovic did much in the first half of their first season so you need to be very careful we don't lose a potential match winner by not being patient.

He needs to start games.

fair enough , I'll keep that in mind 

42 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Based on what we've seen so far, with Cahill particularly in mind, he won't start until Joyce thinks he should.

Agree, from what I have observed, he is just a step behind from being a very good player. That extra touch and indecision is what makes him look sloppy and usually it is caused by a lack of chemistry and understanding of the other player's movements.

If you noticed Ross in the last few games, he has really improved his link up play and is less clunky with the ball, and atm his main issue is the quality of the supply he is receiving which are out of phase with his runs. 

Potentially Bud and Ross/Bruno could be dynamite together, they just need to be on the pitch at the same time.

Edited by playmaker

35 minutes ago, playmaker said:

He needs to start if he is fit as he is on a 2 year deal. 

From memory neither Casto nor Ninkovic did much in the first half of their first season so you need to be very careful we don't lose a potential match winner by not being patient.

He needs to start games.

He needs to start if the problem is that the team just don't yet know how to work with him, understand his runs etc. The problem as I see it is that he's physically slow but also his decision making is poor and his touch is poor

45 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

So we're writing a player off after 365 minutes match time? Because he carries the label "marquee" and in our opinion doesn't live up to that label? A bit premature I'd say.

Definitely.

the big problem is though that he seems to me that Wazza doesn’t like or need his style of player, that is an attacking midfielder who rests when the other team has the ball.

That being the case, why did we sign him? It makes no sense. Have to say I’m very puzzled by the whole thing right now.

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

Definitely.

the big problem is though that he seems to me that Wazza doesn’t like or need his style of player, that is an attacking midfielder who rests when the other team has the ball.

That being the case, why did we sign him? It makes no sense. Have to say I’m very puzzled by the whole thing right now.

That being the case, why did we sign him? It makes no sense

that's what my post was alluding to . whoever did the due diligence needs to be given a good old fashioned dressing down 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, japiedog said:

That being the case, why did we sign him? It makes no sense

that's what my post was alluding to . whoever did the due diligence needs to be given a good old fashioned dressing down 

The article from a while ago on how Fornaroli got here said that the coaching staff are given a final list and they make the decision

5 hours ago, jw1739 said:

So we're writing a player off after 365 minutes match time? Because he carries the label "marquee" and in our opinion doesn't live up to that label? A bit premature I'd say.

Not writing him off, I've just seen nothing to get excited about apart from his single derby goal. I've also seen no sign of improvement

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, playmaker said:

David Davutovic recons he may be released in Jan. If that's the case who the fk brought him in. What a waste if true, not only for the past games but for the opportunity for a Marquee to be already familiar with our players and methods. 

Im still on the thought that it was a 'rushed' marquee signing, when we wasnt our first choice

1 hour ago, playmaker said:

David Davutovic recons he may be released in Jan. If that's the case who the fk brought him in. What a waste if true, not only for the past games but for the opportunity for a Marquee to be already familiar with our players and methods. 

Every signing is a risk. Especially the Marquee. 

If true and he is moved on in January atleast CFG are not making the same mistakes. From memory Koren lingered for 2 transfer windows when it was pretty clear to all he wasn't suited to what we needed. So if he goes atleast we can cut our loses and maybe get someone more suited to us in particular Wazza.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Every signing is a risk. Especially the Marquee. 

If true and he is moved on in January atleast CFG are not making the same mistakes. From memory Koren lingered for 2 transfer windows when it was pretty clear to all he wasn't suited to what we needed. So if he goes atleast we can cut our loses and maybe get someone more suited to us in particular Wazza.

The frustrating thing was that Koren and Budzik both looked good on highlights and their playing history. But then you get someone like Bruno who was a chubby flop and he ended up being one of our best.

7 minutes ago, haz said:

The frustrating thing was that Koren and Budzik both looked good on highlights and their playing history. But then you get someone like Bruno who was a chubby flop and he ended up being one of our best.

Exactly. Who would know who will succeed and who doesn't. Colazo is another. Super classy and an amazing touch but for whatever reason was poor. 

But if Budzinski does leave in January atleast we get another crack at maybe landing a gun. Novillo was a good get so maybe we just got keep trying until we get a good match. 

20 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Exactly. Who would know who will succeed and who doesn't. Colazo is another. Super classy and an amazing touch but for whatever reason was poor. 

But if Budzinski does leave in January atleast we get another crack at maybe landing a gun. Novillo was a good get so maybe we just got keep trying until we get a good match. 

@HeartFc (I think) made a good point about having the correct personality/Attitude to be a succesfull marquee. Think about all our best City Visa players, they have all had a bit of C**t to them and it shows in their performances on the field.

Moving from a country/continent where you have spent your whole life playing, you need the hard nut attitude to be a success in a new environment, theres no waiting in the A-League for a Visa to 'come good'

Edited by haz
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Well if Bud doesn't start this week it will be an indication of the club's intention as I think a long term Marquee would be starting in a match like this with the outs we have.

Eitherway we should not have any marquees or VISAs on the bench. All 5 should be starting XI players

• Like 2

• Forever City changed the title to Marcin Budzinski - At least he's better than Koren