Melbourne Football

Marcin Budzinski

Forever City

3 hours ago, n i k o said:

So you're saying that our marquee player is on the bench, contrary to him performing so well in recent games (in your eyes) becasue this is all part of Wazzas plan? The one part I do agree with you is Wazza is prioritising 'defencively minded' players. This has little to do with preseason. 

I think it maybe also due to Wazza wanting to nail down our defence before he brings in a more attacking midfield.

Edited by playmaker

1 hour ago, playmaker said:

I think it maybe also due to Wazza wanting to nail down our defence before he brings in a more attacking midfield.

Yes. And Wazza himself told it and players mentioned this. And partially he had to do it, since Casseras who was in during preseason, left. His own words.

4 hours ago, n i k o said:

So you're saying that our marquee player is on the bench, contrary to him performing so well in recent games (in your eyes) becasue this is all part of Wazzas plan? The one part I do agree with you is Wazza is prioritising 'defencively minded' players. This has little to do with preseason. 

No. Never said that about performance. All I said is that bench is not linked to the individual performance, but rather team structure. Again, Wazza told himself that the only reason why he is on the bench is because other players already drilled together during preseason. Why speculate? Listen to Wazza.

17 hours ago, n i k o said:

For the simple reason that rarely if ever will a manager say that a specific player is benched because he hasn't been good enough. So believing what Wazza says in front of the camera to me is being gullible. 

Well, he told it about Killa, didn't he? I new that sort of argument will appear. Simply not the case with Wazza.

11 minutes ago, MXG said:

Well, he told it about Killa, didn't he? I new that sort of argument will appear. Simply not the case with Wazza.

I don't think he did. Rather, I thought he said that Kilkenny was training hard, fit, and itching to go, but he had to fight to displace someone from what was, at the time, an unbeaten team.

IMO we're developing an understanding of Wazza's style, and what he values in a player. He's not likely to monkey with the defence when we've conceded only three goals in six matches. And he not just a "defence man." The fact that he's publicly stated his regret that Caceres chose to leave shows that he wants to play classy football up front as well.

Was talking to a mate today about the game and the teacher goes she was there as well. I asked her why and she said her husband is good friends with Budzinski and sat in the corporate box with Budzinski's family tickets. I went off at her after she said he should have started and has been our best player. Got a detention for yelling in an uncontrolled manner towards a teacher. <_<

EDIT: She also claimed that it was unfair that a player of his talent is only playing off the bench. 

Edited by Inferno
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Inferno said:

Was talking to a mate today about the game and the teacher goes she was there as well. I asked her why and she said her husband is good friends with Budzinski and sat in the corporate box with Budzinski's family tickets. I went off at her after she said he should have started and has been our best player. Got a detention for yelling in an uncontrolled manner towards a teacher. <_<

EDIT: She also claimed that it was unfair that a player of his talent is only playing off the bench. 

r/thatneverhappened

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Inferno said:

That teacher’s name? Albert Einstein.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I don't think he did. Rather, I thought he said that Kilkenny was training hard, fit, and itching to go, but he had to fight to displace someone from what was, at the time, an unbeaten team.

You've recalled correctly. And translated from PR lingo it means: "Killa is shit at the moment. Not worth comparing to Malic or Jacobsen. I would rather put Mauk as DM and Killa wouldn't be even on the bench.".

Again, Wazza's words and actions correlate 100%. He is not BS pusher like Muscat or Aloisi. Top professional.

And if you listened his presso after WSW, he mentioned that the reason to put Carrusco in was inability of Fitzy and Bruce to go inside and Mauk being ineffective in the center. Loiks like Carrusca will be more regular from now. Budzik will follow on.

I got slammed on this sorrow place forum for describing "St. Fitzy" as being useless against Sydney and now glad that Wazza is aware of Fitzy limitations.

1 minute ago, belaguttman said:

I think that Carusca has been held back because his limited pre-season put him behind the other in fitness. He'll play the role that Wazza anticipated Caceras playing.

That's what I'm trying to explain to some on this forum. Keyword - preseason and Wazza is not lying about it.

20 minutes ago, MXG said:

And if you listened his presso after WSW, he mentioned that the reason to put Carrusco in was inability of Fitzy and Bruce to go inside and Mauk being ineffective in the center. Loiks like Carrusca will be more regular from now. Budzik will follow on.

I got slammed on this sorrow place forum for describing "St. Fitzy" as being useless against Sydney and now glad that Wazza is aware of Fitzy limitations.

Thats actually nothing like what Wazza said

He said he could see Fitzy and Bruce getting in behind (WSW) and wanted someone who could give them more service. He actually said in that presser, that he's sick of talking about the strength on the bench when we should be talking about the young aussie kids, Bruce Fitzy and Malik. 

Fitzy has been simply amazing this year and I reckon he will get even better under Wazza. Both Bruce and Fitzy suffer from lack of service and Carrusca seems the best option for improving that. Fitzy so far, is generally making his own opportunities, Bruce needs some better ball played in front of him and he will do damage as well.

Has anyone heard whether Bruce is ok for Friday. Would be interesting to see who Wazza would use if he's not. Brandan or Arzani, or one of the central players, Bud or Carusca

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand why we signed Budski when it was clear to everyone that we needed a creative no. 10, and I don't think he is that player.

I think there's a disconnect in CFG/Melbourne City in the way we recruit players. I note that it was Munn and Petrillo who went to Manchester to discuss recruitment. I'm not sure of the timing of that visit now, but I think it occurred before Joyce was appointed. Where was the coaching input into the decisions made? I hope that Marwood will sort out the "balance of power" between Petrillo and Joyce - indeed, not just these two but whoever occupies those positions in to the future - because I don't think our Manager has enough say in who we recruit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, japiedog said:

the curse of the Visa Marquee

Interesting you say that. Although Fornaroli has arguably been our best ever performing player. His form did drop once he became marquee. 

Now logic would suggest it was mainly because Mooy and Novillo were never replaced, but the conspiracist in me makes me thinks the curse is real.

So unless Budzinski can disprove the "city visa marquee malaise" in his next few games we will never see quality a Visa Marquee play for us. Ever!

42 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Lets get rid of him because he is just starting to find his feet. Yeah good idea and let's not give him any chance to prove himself.

Geez!

He has probably got until January 4 or 5 matches to prove his worth because potentially as being a Marquee he could be replaced by McCormack when Fornaroli returns. 

Now I'm not advocating he get axed but if he cannot prove his worth I know who most would prefer McCormack or Budzinski if it came down to that.

As it stands at the moment after so many runs (6 I think ) he is running out of time.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jovan said:

He has probably got until January 4 or 5 matches to prove his worth because potentially as being a Marquee he could be replaced by McCormack when Fornaroli returns. 

Now I'm not advocating he get axed but if he cannot prove his worth I know who most would prefer McCormack or Budzinski if it came down to that.

As it stands at the moment after so many runs (6 I think ) he is running out of time.

What we really need is a fit creative number 10. Carusca is the second but not the first. If he isn't fit then we need a number 10 that can play every week

I would be surprised if Budzinski leaves, unless he's unhappy here or he can walk into another contract back in Poland or even elsewhere and we have a ready-made replacement. He's here on a two-year contract, and I can't see him walking away from that unless he's paid out in full. History suggests that CFG don't much like doing that (see JvS.)

28 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I would be surprised if Budzinski leaves, unless he's unhappy here or he can walk into another contract back in Poland or even elsewhere and we have a ready-made replacement. He's here on a two-year contract, and I can't see him walking away from that unless he's paid out in full. History suggests that CFG don't much like doing that (see JvS.)

Yes but they more likely find him another club. Similar to Williams Novillo plus others.

1 hour ago, playmaker said:

The way I see it is that he came late into our preseason and was unfit. He has now improved his fitness and getting the feel for our Gaffa, team and the A-league. 

I think by Jan we should know if he is the real deal or not and calling for his head prior to this is just unfair.

True. 

I suspect the best we can hope for is first XI quality though. I reckon if he was a fair dinkum marquee he’s have shown more by now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

True. 

I suspect the best we can hope for is first XI quality though. I reckon if he was a fair dinkum marquee he’s have shown more by now.

I kinda feel the same way, but then i remind myself of how Castro's first 10 games, and Ninkovic's first season went for their respective clubs.

3 hours ago, Jovan said:

I was well and truly in the deport camp but now I'm not so sure.

Dont know why I laughed at this.  I just imagine some white Polish dude sitting in The closed Manus Island Centre playing the Piano with all these boat people rioting around him.

25 minutes ago, haz said:

Dont know why I laughed at this.  I just imagine some white Polish dude sitting in The closed Manus Island Centre playing the Piano with all these boat people rioting around him.

Playing the banana boat song and some dude nearby with no teeth laughing and trying to crack open a coconut. 

Bloke better pull his finger out.

• Forever City changed the title to Marcin Budzinski - At least he's better than Koren