Melbourne Football

Marcin Budzinski

Forever City

To me he's a massive ball watcher, never looked for a one two and didnt really go forward with an attacking play that was going on. Im not sure if he was told by wazza to sit back a bit when we go forward but he still didnt impress me. He might need a few games to get touch etc, im not sure we'll find out what sort of footballer he is as he doesnt have any urgency about him unless the ball is at his feet.

30 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Didn't know he was there until he scored :up: 

Mark of a good playmaker is one which gets 2 possessions and saves the teams arse.

Better than the dumb ball hogs we have that get the ball every 30 seconds and create nothing even though our striker is making perfect runs and then throwing his arms up screaming WTF. 

Quantity is no replacement for quality.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Didn't know he was there until he scored :up: 

He was invisible prior wasn’t t he?

Once he scored he got going though. 

It’s easy to imagine that his confidence was low and perhaps he’s the type who needs it more than others? Or maybe he’s just normally a lazy fucker? I’m not sure which one it is.

• Like 1

For the record, Budzinski previous (and first goal) was scored 315 minutes ago, that is 3 and a half full matches ago (in the first derby, of course). So credit to him for getting 2 useful goals that have helped City get 4 points, but he hasn't been prolific in front of goal.

I'm sceptical about Budzinski's all around game as a midfielder, in particular his passing. I think this passing accuracy hasn't been great, and he doesn't pass the ball into useful areas. So I'm not sure that he helps our possession, arguably the main job of midfielders.

Budzinski best attribute is seemingly his goal-scoring. Credit to him for popping up with another goal. I think he's earned more minutes, and maybe a start. However, I'm not going to get too excited and instead I'll wait and see with him. 

• Like 1

• Forever City changed the title to Marcin Budzinski - At least he's better than Koren
11 hours ago, Jovan said:

The only person qualified to answer this is @playmaker.

Koren or Budzinski? 

Bruno

Ross

Koren.           Budzinski 

Would eat

Bobo

Brosque

Ninkovic.               Mierzejewski

For breakfast

55 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Bruno

Ross

Koren.           Budzinski 

Would eat

Bobo

Brosque

Ninkovic.               Mierzejewski

For breakfast

Really? With all due respect that's horseshit. Budzinski and Koren (and I'm only judging them on their performances in a city shirt and Budzinski is still not confirmed 100%IMO, but is pretty close) are the closet thing to one way players I could imagine. Ross and Bruno would get very little service unless the opposition had even more lazy mids.

Now if you were to compare Ross and Bruno to Bobo and Bosque you may get more support although at this time it's a purely hypothetical scenario. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jovan said:

Really? With all due respect that's horseshit. Budzinski and Koren (and I'm only judging them on their performances in a city shirt and Budzinski is still not confirmed 100%IMO, but is pretty close) are the closet thing to one way players I could imagine. Ross and Bruno would get very little service unless the opposition had even more lazy mids.

Now if you were to compare Ross and Bruno to Bobo and Bosque you may get more support although at this time it's a purely hypothetical scenario. 

Time will tell on Bud I agree, but from what I have noted he would be in the top 4 players for skill in our team and really the only real midfield threat from in and around the 18 yard box.

Koren had great skills but obviously had issues with JVS and it's a shame we didn't get to see him on the pitch with Mooy, Bruno and Harry on a regular basis.

I think Ross and Bruno will work well as Bruno is red hot on goal and Ross has great vision and balance and sets up plays. With Ross linking with Bruno and Bud, our scoring potential would be the best in the league.

Edited by playmaker

On 16/01/2018 at 0:02 PM, Jovan said:

I don't won't be pedantic but it's the second time you've mentioned 12 yard box. It's actually 18 yard box and penalty spot is 12 yards. Sorry for being anal. 

I prefer to use big box little box Fwiw. 

Personally I say 10.9728 metre box and 16.4592 metre box but i guess we're all different ey

• Like 1