Melbourne Football

Suning Cup 2017

jw1739

More about the tournament here. http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/city-academy-travel-to-china-to-take-on-inter-milan/1ss28i4tt0zdz1ajxs52zmtd5o

Have to say this is the sort of stuff I really like to hear about our club. One of the reasons I fell in with Heart in the first place. Would love to see one of these lads really make it in the game.

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

More about the tournament here. http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/city-academy-travel-to-china-to-take-on-inter-milan/1ss28i4tt0zdz1ajxs52zmtd5o

Have to say this is the sort of stuff I really like to hear about our club. One of the reasons I fell in with Heart in the first place. Would love to see one of these lads really make it in the game.

I would still want a rule in the HAL where there has to be one U20 in the starting XI and another U20 on the bench. That way out of 10 clubs (hopefully 12 soon) we would have almost a whole national U20 team playing reguarly each week.

43 minutes ago, haz said:

I would still want a rule in the HAL where there has to be one U20 in the starting XI and another U20 on the bench. That way out of 10 clubs (hopefully 12 soon) we would have almost a whole national U20 team playing reguarly each week.

Totally disagree. 

A kid should only get a game when he deserves it. Problem most of the time is the coaches not the kids. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Totally disagree. 

A kid should only get a game when he deserves it. Problem most of the time is the coaches not the kids. 

I agree with this. The problem is that I see is that there is currently no room for kids to be given a chance agaisnt quality opposition. Hence forcing a reason for a coach to play them, as a result teams will look for the best U20 to fill the XI spot. Hence we will see a Peirias play rather then a Rose

2 minutes ago, haz said:

I agree with this. The problem is that I see is that there is currently no room for kids to be given a chance agaisnt quality opposition. Hence forcing a reason for a coach to play them, as a result teams will look for the best U20 to fill the XI spot. Hence we will see a Peirias play rather then a Rose

No need to bring in a rule that in a few years will be detrimental. 

Allow transfer fees and then it becomes worth clubs developing younger players. 

17 minutes ago, Jovan said:

No need to bring in a rule that in a few years will be detrimental. 

Allow transfer fees and then it becomes worth clubs developing younger players. 

True. Eitherway there needs to be a serious shake-up of the rules which I hope will occur sooner rather then later.

7 hours ago, haz said:

True. Eitherway there needs to be a serious shake-up of the rules which I hope will occur sooner rather then later.

Couldn't agree more. But I seriously doubt things will change anytime soon. Governance of this game has gone from bad to worse.