Melbourne Football

Welcome Bort 'We're outta licence plates' Schenkeveld

Dylan

According to this Schenkeveld is some weeks away from joining. Also Palic rejected City's offer.

"They are also looking to add a defender to their ranks, with Bart Schenkeveld of Dutch club PEC Zwolle - where ex-City coach John van't Schip is in charge - reportedly ready to join City in the coming weeks."

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/08/17/melbourne-citys-bid-croatian-star-derailed

Edited by 3 Points

1 minute ago, 3 Points said:

According to this Schenkeveld is some weeks away from joining. Also Palic rejected City's offer.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/08/17/melbourne-citys-bid-croatian-star-derailed

In the next few weeks just means 'we don't know' IMHO.  And we are clearly chasing a number ten, even if we haven't landed one yet.

40 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Saturday morning appears to be the new black.  But seriously, who knows?

Judging by recent announcements, it won't be until he sets foot here in Melbourne. Does make me nervous that there's been no update from any source for the past 72 hours.

5 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Judging by recent announcements, it won't be until he sets foot here in Melbourne. Does make me nervous that there's been no update from any source for the past 72 hours.

Unlike other clubs who announce a signing straight, we always seem to want to wait until player can hold up a shirt and be used for marketing purposes.

Twitter account of PEC Zwolle states on the 15th that they have released him transfer free to join Melbourne City.

11 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Unlike other clubs who announce a signing straight, we always seem to want to wait until player can hold up a shirt and be used for marketing purposes.

Twitter account of PEC Zwolle states on the 15th that they have released him transfer free to join Melbourne City.

The last one I saw was on 14th - I can't find anything since then. Don't doubt you, but do you have the link to 15th?

Melbourne City FC can confirm it has signed Dutch defender Bart Schenkeveld on a two-year contract ahead of the Hyundai A-League 2017/18 season.

The 25-year-old right-back has signed from Dutch side PEC Zwolle in the Eredivisie, adding depth to City’s defence ahead of the new campaign.

A youth product of reigning Dutch champions Feyenoord, Schenkeveld is a strong right-sided defensive player who represented the Netherlands at U19s level.

image: http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Melbourne_Heart/e7/3b/schenkeveld_ljapo4e5acd81srgw5t18alr5.png?t=56091222

schenkeveld

Commenting on his signing, Schenkeveld said;

“I’m delighted to become a Melbourne City player, starting in a new league and a totally new country. It is well known that the club has major ambition, and a very clear way it wants to play football. I can’t wait to get started, get to know the rest of the team, and start building for success this season.”

image: http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Melbourne_Heart/c3/4a/schenkeveld_n9c7ktr57nam1jhl0iavczh03.png?t=56090238

schenkeveld

Head Coach Warren Joyce commented on the announcement;

“Bart is a strong and versatile defender with five years of experience playing at the highest level, in the Eredivisie. He joins us in the middle of intensive pre-season training, as we look to our next FFA Cup game, and to the start of the A-League season.”

Schenkeveld is Warren Joyce’s latest acquisition of the pre-season, joining new recruits Eugene Galekovic, Scott Jamieson, Iacopo La Rocca, Stefan Mauk and Scholarship Players Connor Metcalfe, Ramy Najjarine and John Roberts.

Schenkeveld will join his new teammates in training at the City Football Academy on Tuesday.

Read more at http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/melbourne-city-signs-dutch-defender-bart-schenkeveld/3pdup3s042mc1u32ymq35yqb7#jktawx2AvlIFMP0Z.99

This man will be a Goliath for us at CB this season.

I was at training this morning - he's strong, he's quick, he's imposing and he can play the ball with both feet.
Looking forward to the partnership with Jako.  Also, Mauk was a no show at training :|

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, demba said:

I was at training this morning - he's strong, he's quick, he's imposing and he can play the ball with both feet.
Looking forward to the partnership with Jako.  Also, Mauk was a no show at training :|

His stats show that this could be true

https://directory.sportsfinda.com.au/who-is-melbourne-citys-new-dutch-defender-bart-schenkeveld/

1 hour ago, demba said:

Was La Rocca at training?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

How did he look Niko?

Hard to say because we dominated Newy so much when he came on. But he seemed solid, had good pace for a big guy, headered well. When on the ball he looked comfortable to take time on the ball and find the right pass, made a number of quality penetrating passes through the centre to Kilkenny and Brattan. 

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...