Melbourne Football

Iacopo La Rocca

kingofhearts

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

So, he is injured. I continue to puzzle over some of our signings, and I'm not convinced that this Petrillo bloke knows what he is doing.

Petrillo seems like the sort of guy back in School that when he chose teams he would just choose his mates, no matter if they were good, bad or injured

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

So, he is injured. I continue to puzzle over some of our signings, and I'm not convinced that this Petrillo bloke knows what he is doing.

OMG HE'S GOT A SLIGHT INJURY AND WILL BE BACK TO TRAINING OVER A MONTH BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS!!!!!

FOLD THE CLUB!!!!!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, neio said:

Do we know what has happened with Iacopo? Has he been frozen out or is he injured or just not selected

He would be my preference to replace Bart over delbridge, as he has the experience in massive games and had been pretty solid when he played for the majority 

Agree, if Iacopo comes in  we might be a chance, Delbridge not so much. 

8 minutes ago, haz said:

He must be frozen out, too similar to the Kilkenny case it seems

IMO thats's a bit presumptive. It could just be that he's viewed as 4th choice CB behind Bort, Jako and Delbridge. Could also be injured, which City have history in not being particularly open in.

25 minutes ago, bt50 said:

IMO thats's a bit presumptive. It could just be that he's viewed as 4th choice CB behind Bort, Jako and Delbridge. Could also be injured, which City have history in not being particularly open in.

Yea I have no idea. I havnt seen him in any training photos or social media (although I dont look to often)

58 minutes ago, haz said:

Yea I have no idea. I havnt seen him in any training photos or social media (although I dont look to often)

He's definitely around, I spoke briefly to him a week or so ago at a club function. I did get the impression however he was away for a period of time.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Oh boy

On 2/25/2018 at 9:55 AM, haz said:

He must be frozen out, too similar to the Kilkenny case it seems

Called guessed it!

(Edit: I assume the guy only read this forum for his 'source')

Edited by haz
  • Like 1

Yeah sure it may be Gatt but really, is this surprising? That seems to be one thing Joyce is very good at, falling out with players.

If Joyce keeps this up he won’t last long. The manager never wins in these types of situations. All it will take is him picking on the wrong player in the squad that the other squad members  take the players side rather than Joyce’s and that’s it. House will crumble

Edited by Dylan

20 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Yeah sure it may be Gatt but really, is this surprising? That seems to be one thing Joyce is very good at, falling out with players.

If Joyce keeps this up he won’t last long. The manager never wins in these types of situations. All it will take is him picking on the wrong player in the squad that the other squad members  take the players side rather than Joyce’s and that’s it. House will crumble

It's not Gatt. It's a porky.

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

Ahh well it’s wrong but not might be far from the truth since he doesn’t seem to be injured and has just disappeared?

See earlier quoted post.

On 2/25/2018 at 8:06 PM, bt50 said:

La rocca has ended up how most of us saw him anyway ie a squaddie. 

11 minutes ago, bt50 said:

This is supposed to be your post about the 4th choice CB etc

I don’t think I’d be out of line in saying most were surprised how good he was at the start of the season... But after seemingly disappearing (admittedly after making mistakes in one game and being dropped) and Delbridge coming in over the top, who seems to be a liability atm and  seems to have Been given a lot more rope from Joyce,  it’s a little strange 

19 minutes ago, Dylan said:

La rocca has ended up how most of us saw him anyway ie a squaddie. 

I don’t think I’d be out of line in saying most were surprised how good he was at the start of the season... But after seemingly disappearing (admittedly after making mistakes in one game and being dropped) and Delbridge coming in over the top, who seems to be a liability atm and  seems to have Been given a lot more rope from Joyce,  it’s a little strange 

I viewed him as our 3rd choice CB from the start, behind our starting two but ahead of Tongyik. He has performed pretty much exactly how i expected him to: he's a very good A League defender 99% of the time, but he comes up with a total brain fart once every few games that looks utterly unforgivable.

For mine he should probably be ahead of Delbridge, but i imagine part of the race to sign Delbridge was putting faith in him and La rocca has fallen down the pecking order based on potential. I'm not actually convinced that La Rocca is out of the side completely, i have a suspicion something else has been going on privately. Please note that is completely speculative and based on nothing concrete, or even a whisper. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

...I'm not actually convinced that La Rocca is out of the side completely, i have a suspicion something else has been going on privately. Please note that is completely speculative and based on nothing concrete, or even a whisper. 

I agree with this, wouldn't even be surprised if he went back o/s for a while there.