Melbourne Football

Iacopo La Rocca

kingofhearts

He might start ok even have a moment of brilliance but ultimately he'll have no consistency or stamina.  Both the club and La Rocca will walk away feeling empty and as if their time could've been used more productively....

So basically another signing which resembles my sex life. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

My only gripe is, wasn't he part of the Adelaide squad last season? Conceded 61 goals in total.

Yes, as well as being involved in their title winning side and I'm pretty sure the Wanderers champions league winning side.

That Adelaide side was crippled by an exodus of players leaving and Amors reluctance to change his tactics in any way. Once again, do we ignore any positives and cling solely to any negative we can find?

38 minutes ago, n i k o said:

He's a dog. But he's our dog now. 

The more dogs the better IMO. Get some more cunt into the squad

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Embee said:

"Improve our defense" *defense is improved* Moaning ensues

"Engage with the fans more" *club engages on social media* Moaning ensues.

Honestly, some of you are so impossible to please that its fucking hilarious. We've brought in two tough, solid additons to our back four and rather than praising the positives people will grasp onto whatever negative they can find and beat the club with it. As far as the announcement, it was a bit of fun on social media, should the club go back to being silent so you can all cry about that again?

I look forward to the day we win the Championship, not for the celebrations but so that I can come on here and read the mental gymnastics people will undertake to somehow spin it into a negative.

"We didn't become the record breaking invincibles this season"

Inevitable green line, just do it now kthx

17 hours ago, Embee said:

Honestly, some of you are so impossible to please that its fucking hilarious. We've brought in two tough, solid additons to our back four and rather than praising the positives people will grasp onto whatever negative they can find and beat the club with it. As far as the announcement, it was a bit of fun on social media, should the club go back to being silent so you can all cry about that again?

I look forward to the day we win the Championship, not for the celebrations but so that I can come on here and read the mental gymnastics people will undertake to somehow spin it into a negative.

I agree that we needed defensive reinforcements. Why call out people who are critical? Please PM me when all these squadfillers like La Rocca win us the like league. You know very well that players with that calibre won't make suddenly Kamau a better player, run Brattan faster, make TC footwork quicker or make Bruno less selfish as in his last season. A good signing but nothing to write home about, our marque players and new forwards are going to win us the league not this journey man. Sorry.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Embee said:

You make a couple of fair points. But when I read Ferran Soriano's words back in January 2014 "Today, on our first full day, the work has begun to help your Club to fulfill its immense potential both on and off the field, within Australia and beyond." I'm sure I didn't think that in 2017 we would be signing 30+ players such as La Rocca on 2-year contracts to help us fulfil that "immense potential."

It's just not what I expected. So, please forgive my disappointment.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

You make a couple of fair points. But when I read Ferran Soriano's words back in January 2014 "Today, on our first full day, the work has begun to help your Club to fulfill its immense potential both on and off the field, within Australia and beyond." I'm sure I didn't think that in 2017 we would be signing 30+ players such as La Rocca on 2-year contracts to help us fulfil that "immense potential."

It's just not what I expected. So, please forgive my disappointment.

Jesus christ. You have 23 in a squad, you need to fill out that squad with solid squaddies, not to mention experienced leaders. 

Again: people cried last season because we didn't have enough bodies at centre half but if the club looks to rectify that its not the body they should have signed. We lacked experience and toughness last season but if the club looks to rectify that people bitch and moan anyway.

Some of you wont be happy unless we transport the Socceroos squad into the A-League and supplement them with Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Neymar and Iniesta.

EDIT: I don't even see the issue with La Rocca in general tbh, he's been in involved in a couple of very good A-League teams until last season's train-wreck at Adelaide which was contributed to by a number of non-player related factors 

Edited by Embee
  • Like 3

Come on Petrillo, FFS!!

Is MC a retirement village for AU players ? Surely there are younger and better defensive players than la Rocca. The opposition attackers must be licking their lips in anticipation of running at our mediocre " Jurassic " defenders.

Keep making the same mistakes with our defensive players recruitment and the same fucking issues will still be there.

Fucking unbelievable.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, DAM10 said:

Come on Petrillo, FFS!!

Is MC a retirement village for AU players ? Surely there are younger and better defensive players than la Rocca. The opposition attackers must be licking their lips in anticipation of running at our mediocre " Jurassic " defenders.

Keep making the same mistakes with our defensive players recruitment and the same fucking issues will still be there.

Fucking unbelievable.

Oh boy

1 hour ago, Embee said:

Jesus christ. You have 23 in a squad, you need to fill out that squad with solid squaddies, not to mention experienced leaders.

I think most people agree, but we already have 2 'squaddie' centre backs in Malik and Tongyik which suggests that La Rocca will be first choice and a lot of us find that disappointing. La Rocca is not in the same class as the centre backs of our rivals (Wilkinson, Buijs, North, De Vere, Williams etc.) Also, its not like our squad lacks experienced players

1 hour ago, Embee said:

Some of you wont be happy unless we transport the Socceroos squad into the A-League and supplement them with Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Neymar and Iniesta.

I'd actually be happy if we signed players AND coaches who are at a similar level to those in the top half of the league.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, n i k o said:

It'd be nice if he was likeable and maybe he will be. But he's just such a cunt and with Kilkenny already being unlovable I hope it stops with these two. Disclaimer though....if they win us the title all will be forgotten. 

It's interesting how people have different perspectives. You find Kilkenny "unlikeable", I've basically got a man crush on him.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jacques Le Cube said:

I think most people agree, but we already have 2 'squaddie' centre backs in Malik and Tongyik which suggests that La Rocca will be first choice and a lot of us find that disappointing. La Rocca is not in the same class as the centre backs of our rivals (Wilkinson, Buijs, North, De Vere, Williams etc.) Also, its not like our squad lacks experienced players

I'd actually be happy if we signed players AND coaches who are at a similar level to those in the top half of the league.

Malik isn't really a centrehalf imo and is better suited to offering depth in the midfield, but that point's just an assumption on your part, we're a considerable distance from the squad being finished as it is. 

Yeah, Galejovic, Jamieson, Franjic, Jakobsen, Kilkenny, Brandan, Fornaroli, Caceres, Fitzgerald, La Rocca and Kamau are such awful players and they wouldn't get anywhere near the top half teams in this league. I'm sure any of those club's coaches could easily get a gig at a Championship team or an EPL club's U23 side too :droy:

Edited by Embee

• 4 weeks later...

OK, this fella gets his own thread. We haven't sighted him to date, and IIRC there's been no reference to him since his signing.

Does anyone have any information on where he is? Is he training? Is he injured?

Edited by jw1739

17 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

OK, this fella gets his own thread. We haven't sighted him to date, and IIRC there's been no reference to him since his signing.

Does anyone have any information on where he is? Is he training? Is he injured?

Read somewhere he had a knee complaint, getting better though. Apparently he flew to Brisbane with the rest of the squad so can't be too bad if true

• jw1739 locked and unlocked this topic
4 hours ago, citymad said:

He is returning to fitness. Sighted at club recently and will be back to full training pretty soon. 

So, he is injured. I continue to puzzle over some of our signings, and I'm not convinced that this Petrillo bloke knows what he is doing.