Melbourne Football
Sign in to follow this  
kingofhearts

Iacopo La Rocca

jw1739    6,886
6 minutes ago, DFG_82 said:

Is he our South American CB?

33-y-o CB ex-Adelaide (surprise, surprise). Now an Australian citizen (Nov 2016), so not a visa player.

Edited by jw1739

strider    2,383
4 minutes ago, Chris p said:

What does he offer that Retre does not ?

Mr MO    142

If he is cheap and is willing rotate injuries with our other old centreback then he is welcome! 

What positions have got left to sign? Just a marquee?

Just now, Thrillhouse said:

would be completely losing my shit if he was a visa
the guido thug is as much a liability as malik if not more

Wouldn't mind if we could release Malik in some way.

Chris p    158
3 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

So let's look at it this way, it's a salary capped league. He's come in as a low salary "aussie" defender. Like for like he's basically replacing Rose. Improvement imo 

He's not a left back for one 

2 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

If he is cheap and is willing rotate injuries with our other old centreback then he is welcome! 

What positions have got left to sign? Just a marquee?

No better than Retre then 

Chris p    158
Just now, thisphantomfortress said:

Jamo has that spot locked in but he'd be on decent wages. 

So what position was he signed for ?

33 minutes ago, Chris p said:

So what position was he signed for ?

You've missed my point completely. as you've proven time and again on here you're completely retarded and unwilling to listen any idea that doesn't fit with your warped narrative, I'm not gunna bother breaking this down for you. 

• Like 3

Jimmy    3,141

Italian ✔

Proven squadie ✔

Versatile ✔

Cheap ✔

Aussie citizen ✔

Won more titles than our club has in it's entire history ✔

• Like 4

DFG_82    111
11 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

What happened to Thursday 10am's?? Fold the club!

As long as the sky blue kits are announced Thursday 10am all good.

• Like 1

Nate    2,559

And so the A-League merry-go-round keeps on spinning.

Glad he's not taking up a visa spot, but at the end of the day he's 33 and notoriously prone to defensive brain fades and disciplinary problems and is pretty much the same player as Malik so forgive me for not really understanding why we've made this signing.

• Like 5

jw1739    6,886

I reserve my judgement. Don't know what I think TBH.

We've signed two ex-Adelaide players so far this off-season - Galekovic is 36 and La Rocca is 33.

Jakobsen is 31, Franjic will be 30 in September, Jamieson will be 29 in October. Cahill is 37. Kilkenny is 31.

Starting to look like a bit of a "Dad's Army" to me.

• Like 1

Tesla    8,086
2 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I reserve my judgement. Don't know what I think TBH.

We've signed two ex-Adelaide players so far this off-season - Galekovic is 36 and La Rocca is 33.

Jakobsen is 31, Franjic will be 30 in September, Jamieson will be 29 in October. Cahill is 37. Kilkenny is 31.

Starting to look like a bit of a "Dad's Army" to me.

No incentive to develop youth in this league so it doesnt really matter.

Decent squad player on presumably a low wage, no issue IMO.

• Like 3

kingofhearts    3,224

He'll really appeal to the Italian community,  and with such a large amount of Italians in Melbourne,  I can see our attendances really going through the roof. 

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Technically Jamo is ex-Adelaide as well, and is old mates with Petrillo:

Jamieson made his A-League name with Adelaide, having joined the club as a teenager when he returned from a stint at then English Premier League club Bolton Wanderers.

He has had a long-standing friendship with City's recruitment boss Michael Petrillo, so that made it a simple decision when he opted to return to Australia from his Swedish club, IFK Gothenburg, for family reasons.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/melbourne-city-new-boys-look-to-make-immediate-mark-as-warren-joyce-assesses-options-20170704-gx4k4l.html

I think that makes it 6 players and an assistant coach from Adelaide in less than 2 years since Petrillo took over.

• Like 1

Jimmy    3,141
1 minute ago, Jacques Le Cube said:

Technically Jamo is ex-Adelaide as well, and is old mates with Petrillo:

Jamieson made his A-League name with Adelaide, having joined the club as a teenager when he returned from a stint at then English Premier League club Bolton Wanderers.

He has had a long-standing friendship with City's recruitment boss Michael Petrillo, so that made it a simple decision when he opted to return to Australia from his Swedish club, IFK Gothenburg, for family reasons.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/melbourne-city-new-boys-look-to-make-immediate-mark-as-warren-joyce-assesses-options-20170704-gx4k4l.html

I think that makes it 6 players and an assistant coach from Adelaide in less than 2 years since Petrillo took over.

To be fair we send them just as many players.

We're probably closer aligned to Adelaide United than any of the CFG clubs tbh.

jeffplz    736

Not too worried about the signing just wondering why they'd teased it like it was a big one. No one likes pre cum with no climax

• Like 2

HeartOfCity    285

I hope there is no more weekend signings if this is the outcome! Having said that, hope he does well with Wazza at the helm and can contribute to stopping the constant leak of goals

rass    955

Two hard arsed defenders now signed under Joyce. Definitely following through on the soft underbelly issue which is good to see.

It's what we've all been crying for so let's all have a whinge...

• Like 2

InMyHeart    317

why a 2 year deal can anyone explain that?
I understand a depth player in salary cap league on low coin with experience etc etc but why 2 years??
That's fkn inexcusable 

Andrew Edmonds    154

Actually pleased with this signing.. yes he wasn't great last season, but not many from Adelaide were. The season before he was one of the best when Adelaide won the league. He'll be on low wages, and has a few good things to offer.. also, maybe a marquee and now a visa dm or winger now??

wombegongal    446
5 minutes ago, Embee said:

"Improve our defense" *defense is improved* Moaning ensues

"Engage with the fans more" *club engages on social media* Moaning ensues.

Honestly, some of you are so impossible to please that its fucking hilarious. We've brought in two tough, solid additons to our back four and rather than praising the positives people will grasp onto whatever negative they can find and beat the club with it. As far as the announcement, it was a bit of fun on social media, should the club go back to being silent so you can all cry about that again?

I look forward to the day we win the Championship, not for the celebrations but so that I can come on here and read the mental gymnastics people will undertake to somehow spin it into a negative.

Mate beat me to it. Right on the money. 

HeartOfCity    285
17 minutes ago, Embee said:

"Improve our defense" *defense is improved* Moaning ensues

"Engage with the fans more" *club engages on social media* Moaning ensues.

Honestly, some of you are so impossible to please that its fucking hilarious. We've brought in two tough, solid additons to our back four and rather than praising the positives people will grasp onto whatever negative they can find and beat the club with it. As far as the announcement, it was a bit of fun on social media, should the club go back to being silent so you can all cry about that again?

I look forward to the day we win the Championship, not for the celebrations but so that I can come on here and read the mental gymnastics people will undertake to somehow spin it into a negative.

Everthing has been spot on, got Jamo, Eugine and Wazza with a bit of hardness and the connection through the emails and social media has been excellent! But cmon man, people can surely be sceptical on La Rocca. I hope im proven wrong

• Like 1