Melbourne Football

Your favourite Heart/City moment at AAMI Park

Hellenic Hero

There's been a bit of negativity around lately, so I thought we'd get some positive memories flooding back. So what have been your favourite Heart and City moments at our magical home ground, AAMI Park? (However, you had to have been there to witness it. Not something you watched on TV.)

I'll kick it off with a couple:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

David Williams' goal against Sydney was wild, FFA Cup final and when Orlando Engelaar was subbed on for the first time. When he was subbed on the crowd went nuts and then little Massimo Murdocca went up to him and everyone all at once saw how huge he was everyone went mental.

• Haha 1

Gotta be that David Williams goal. There have been so many big moments in this clubs history at AAMI Park, but as great as winning the cup and Paartalu's goal were, that moment just stands out. The sheer effort of Williams to score that goal and the absolute euphoria afterwards will stay with me as long as I live

Heart: flares against Sydney FC, was a 2 or 3-0 loss, it was just so normal at the time. 

FFA Cup final, cahills on fire, terrace wilding

Our finals exit last season against Perth where we just acknowlegded how badly everything went to shit, and just belted out chants from 5+ years ago

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GreenSeater said:

Actually here's another one. The 1-0 win against Gold Coast where Yarraside went mental to We Are Melbourne for 45+ minutes of pure chaos

bring back the free papers 
i remember a nfl ball being thrown around 

Edited by Thrillhouse

Oooh another one: 

We lost this game but Heart v WSW when Yarraside moved ends and subsequently closer to the RBB (for different reasons). Was fucking chaos as I was seated between Yarraside and RBB and saw the constant back and forth when it happened.

Absolute scenes. ❤️

Edited by RedAndWhitePride
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Falastur said:

Got to be the Engelaar half-way line goal for me. Was one of the first Heart games I ever remember seeing, and it definitely stuck in the memory.

I still watch replays to this day and don't understand how i managed to think so much in such a short space of time. from "why aren't you passing to ramsey (lol) to fuck what is he doing to holy shit thats going in to OMG thats in"

• Like 1

Just now, thisphantomfortress said:

I still watch replays to this day and don't understand how i managed to think so much in such a short space of time. from "why aren't you passing to ramsey (lol) to fuck what is he doing to holy shit thats going in to OMG thats in"

I just watch it and hear "OH IT'S ENGELAAR"

Interesting that many of our "best moments" date from the Heart era.

Are there video highlights of our FFA Cup Final win? We played so well to beat both Victory and Sydney in the Cup last season, but I can't readily find highlights of either match.

9 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Interesting that many of our "best moments" date from the Heart era.

Are there video highlights of our FFA Cup Final win? We played so well to beat both Victory and Sydney in the Cup last season, but I can't readily find highlights of either match.

Victory Round 2 and Wanderers FFA Cup both last season were our best City perfornances IMO. (Extra mentions to the  streak of games were we scored 4+ goals when we had the holy trinity up front)

6 hours ago, Panionara said:

13-14 Season, during that euphoric 5 game winning streak, 1-0 win against Brisbane, at the death Berisha was in on goal, and Kisnorbo made the best game saving tackle I have ever seen in person. You know it's a good tackle when it is celebrated with the ripping of a Flare!

Ah yes back when we had good music to walk out to. Epic tackle too. 

2 hours ago, neio said:

I think it's the derby that we ended up losing 3-2, it's the goal when mooy hit that diagonal ball to mauk 

Lmao I was in a Corp box right above North Terrace that game. I remember giving them shit hanging halfway out the window when we scored our goals, copped beer being thrown up and all them facing us and losing it. Anywho once they scored the 3rd they went ballistic at us. Security had to come shut our glass window. Fun times.