Melbourne Football

FFA Cup 2017 Matchday Thread

Dylan

2 hours ago, Geo400 said:

The club pre sold 4,900 tickets in less than a week, only got a walk up of about 800 on the night, weather was brutal.

Yes, it was a good attendance. Just as some sort of comparison, when City played Western Sydney in a QF on Wednesday 21st September 2016 at AAMI the attendance was 5,401.

The FFA Cup is a good competition, but IMO there's not much (if any) publicity about it outside the "football fraternity", so over 5,000 in abysmal weather is a good effort.

21 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Yes, it was a good attendance. Just as some sort of comparison, when City played Western Sydney in a QF on Wednesday 21st September 2016 at AAMI the attendance was 5,401.

The FFA Cup is a good competition, but IMO there's not much (if any) publicity about it outside the "football fraternity", so over 5,000 in abysmal weather is a good effort.

Socceroos games against Syria also hogged all the spotlight which took a ton of publicity away from it, might have even affected last nights attendance as well considering it was 7,000 down on the corresponding game last season.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

Thank god for the above posts.

I was thinking I was the only one who thought a ball boys sole job is to give the ball back promptly regardless of who wants it.

Sydney FC should be sanctioned because of this.

IMO kid should cop a ban, and certainly not be allowed to set foot on the pitch as a volunteer for the next 5 years. Doesnt excuse Marrone though, who will cop his right whack for touching an official.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

IMO kid should cop a ban, and certainly not be allowed to set foot on the pitch as a volunteer for the next 5 years. Doesnt excuse Marrone though, who will cop his right whack for touching an official.

It was pretty funny

Just now, bt50 said:

Lock it in I reckon. Pretty average crowd last night.

well they were expecting 10-12k. So I hope its more. Doesnt help it being on a weekday

5 hours ago, bt50 said:

Only thing Marrone did wrong was not give the kid a big enough wack.

What a little cunt. The fact he is being referred to as a 'hero' sickens me. Do people understand what the word hero means?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dylan said:

I am going to put there here as I am a strong believer in the Cup Curse. Sydney wont win it this year and I expect them to fall into a bit of a hole and then focus on ACL

You mean they won't win the league this year? I wouldn't put any money on it - they're showing remarkable resilience and look like having another good season to me.

They had to go to extra time but they have won the cup just three days after a good win against Newcastle in atrocious conditions. I'd be happy if City showed the same grit and determination as Sydney do.

Edited by jw1739

Just now, jw1739 said:

You mean they won't win the league this year? I wouldn't put any money on it - they're showing remarkable resilience and look like having another good season to me.

They had to go to extra time but they have won the cup just three days after a good win against Newcastle in atrocious conditions. I'd be happy if City showed the same grit and determination as Sydney do.

Yep thats what I am saying. They wont win it and wouldn't be surprised to see them fall into a rut. Or at least start focusing on ACL. 

Both them and Victory have ACL and have shallow squads.