Melbourne Football

FFA Cup 2017 Matchday Thread

Dylan

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

You know most people just give it to South because they are so easily rustled right? For example its rare you see other ex-NSL club fans posting on  other forums about why they should be let into the league etc.

I don't think most people actually give a fuck what their roots are, other than to say there are plenty of people that don't want a return to the off-field turmoil of NSL days.

Basically this.

6 hours ago, bt50 said:

You know most people just give it to South because they are so easily rustled right? For example its rare you see other ex-NSL club fans posting on  other forums about why they should be let into the league etc.

I don't think most people actually give a fuck what their roots are, other than to say there are plenty of people that don't want a return to the off-field turmoil of NSL days.

I think you are correct partly, my general feeling is people don't like souths ambition, the club is just trying to better itself, they aren't murdering anyone. South fans do have a larger online presence, in general more fans and I think you will find most are pretty switched on from a football point of view. Fans of the other ex NSL clubs are probably largely in the elderly age bracket.

Now with social media it's given people a platform to talk crap, and that's obviously going to annoy people as well, last week I had to read that upon entry into the stadium the security asks you if your Greek, another writes that Fans were singing Greek war songs, wtf is a Greek war song? I'm not sure what purpose these people are trying to serve, but for the most part we stick to defending the club, at least I do.

At least from Heidelberg Supporters it's understandable, we played a part in them getting thrown out of the NSL, their hatred of us is completely justified, for others though not sure what they are trying to prove, general feeling is most don't want to see a Deep South cup run, or a big A league tie featuring south, purely on the off chance that it increases souths small chance of future relevancy.

Even in the npl where south lost 2-0 on the weekend, I'd hear people next to me say "haha and they wanna be in the A league"...when south wins though and in last years case end winning the title  it's "pfft who cares it's only the npl"...as if south would ever join the A league with an npl caliber squad regardless  lol.

Edited by Geo400
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Christ can we have a football discussion on this forum without talking about South Melbourne ffs,  they didn't even play last night!!! 

Yes. Suggest that if people wish to continue this discussion that there's a place for it - thread title "A-League Expansion."

10 minutes ago, Dylan said:

did anyone watch the visitor roar game and would you put down the result to Roar being rubbish or Visitors being too good?

Didn't watch. But generally speaking copping 5 goals is more of a reflection on the team that lost being very weak as opposed to a completely superior opposition. 

But without watching it i could definitely be wrong.

51 minutes ago, Dylan said:

did anyone watch the visitor roar game and would you put down the result to Roar being rubbish or Visitors being too good?

I watched it, Visitors definitely played very well, and to Muscat's credit he completely out coached Aloisi by exposing a few of their weaker/youth players. Roar were shite, but full credit has to go to Victory

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Dylan said:

they were rubbish. Looks like the recycle program aint going to work this time

They were certainly awful after half time. They'll be so cooked if Berisha goes down. Zero backup strike power.

I still think they'll be good tbh, but injuries will fuck them if they get any.

Edited by bt50

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

They were certainly awful after half time. They'll be so cooked if Berisha goes down. Zero backup strike power.

I still think they'll be good tbh, but injuries will fuck them if they get any.

They have no depth and would probably have already stretched the cap to the limit with two visa spots left (who arnt cheap). I said this a while ago but this smells like Muscat is having one last go before pissing off overseas. 

Edited by Dylan

• 1 month later...