Melbourne Football

Troisi: Welcome To Melbourne

strider

32 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Aye, but if the reported figures are correct they've got a 42.5% higher allocation to that one player, with a far shallower depth pool than we have. The other thing is the 14 game guest stint that Cahill could have his wages arguably siphoned through, which Troisi probably can't.

Guest stint for Cahill would work and create more space. Is this something you know they are looking at or just speculating? 

Just now, Mr MO said:

Guest stint for Cahill would work and create more space. Is this something you know they are looking at or just speculating? 

Purely speculation but you'd have to think he would still qualify given he's still the biggest Aus name out there bar maybe Mooy.

37 minutes ago, Embee said:

How could we forget, you mention it in every second post. What can we do though, you're a pessimist/realist/pessimist/whatever.

Regardless, Troisi is on at least 30% more if his and Cahill's wage reports are correct, so if Tim is on too much then Troisi's contract is disastrous.

Excuse me, I only mention it every third post! 

I got called a pessimist because I'm genuinely concerned about the cap situation, hopefully the club proves me wrong. Apologies for sharing my opinion on a web forum, if we all had the same opinion that would be really boring right?

If there isn't anything to debate it would turn into a right cock fest hanging out on the forum with your mates and working on your like & post ratio!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr MO said:

Excuse me, I only mention it every third post! 

I got called a pessimist because I'm genuinely concerned about the cap situation, hopefully the club proves me wrong. Apologies for sharing my opinion on a web forum, if we all had the same opinion that would be really boring right?

If there isn't anything to debate it would turn into a right cock fest hanging out on the forum with your mates and working on your like & post ratio!

I don't need to work on it mate, it takes care of itself ;)

• Like 1

Tbh it's a blessing we didn't sign him. 

The shit thing is the way it happened which is probably an indication of the dick he is as a person.

It will be interesting what Mauk brings and I would hate to think what would happen if both these guys, which have shown obvious character problems, would be like in the same team with Troisi leading Mauk down the wrong path.

Mauk needs some wise and grounded mentors around him, not the likes of Troisi.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Embee said:

I don't need to work on it mate, it takes care of itself ;)

You must be pleased to know, that I've now become a centurion because of you my friend! Who would have thought with all the crap what comes out of my old mouth.

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

Purely speculation but you'd have to think he would still qualify given he's still the biggest Aus name out there bar maybe Mooy.

I can't find the official A League rules (only a summation of the rules on the website), but a guest player can only play 14 games in a season. I think the intepretation (and probably correct one) would be that a guest player for a particular season retains the status of guest player for the entirety of the season meaning the 14 game cap would  still apply even if we signed them to a full contract after the 'stint'. 

3 hours ago, bt50 said:

Aye, but if the reported figures are correct they've got a 42.5% higher allocation to that one player, with a far shallower depth pool than we have. The other thing is the 14 game guest stint that Cahill could have his wages arguably siphoned through, which Troisi probably can't.

Might be wrong but I was under the impression that you couldn't use the Guest Spot for consecutive seasons? 

3 minutes ago, DFG_82 said:

Might be wrong but I was under the impression that you couldn't use the Guest Spot for consecutive seasons? 

Technically they are probably different spots tbf but yeh look Malloy is probably right, yet who knows whether the FFA thought about little loopholes like that when writing up the rules.

19 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Guarentee you the Victory managment will make him say lines like I chose Victory over City blah blah blah

IMO the perfect response would be something like:

"Look James is a great player and we'd have loved to have him because he would have filled a role well. But at the end of the day, if he was too scared to face the wrath of his old clubs fans, perhaps he didn't have the character required to be a player here at City after all"

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Guarentee you the Victory managment will make him say lines like I chose Victory over City blah blah blah

Of course they will make the most of it. I think we would be doing the same if things had worked out our way. We are in direct competition with Victory in this city - unlike even Sydney where Wanderers and Sydney are not really competing in the same marketplace. So far none of our signings have had a "wow" factor - Galekovic, Jamieson, La Rocca and Mauk plus scholarship players - all solid but not exciting. Victory hadn't done much either so far, so I don't think you can blame them for milking this one if that's what they do.

Our challenge is to come up with a couple of signings that hit the headlines and really make people want to become City fans.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Of course they will make the most of it. I think we would be doing the same if things had worked out our way. We are in direct competition with Victory in this city - unlike even Sydney where Wanderers and Sydney are not really competing in the same marketplace. So far none of our signings have had a "wow" factor - Galekovic, Jamieson, La Rocca and Mauk plus scholarship players - all solid but not exciting. Victory hadn't done much either so far, so I don't think you can blame them for milking this one if that's what they do.

Our challenge is to come up with a couple of signings that hit the headlines and really make people want to become City fans.

TBF, Jamieson is a pretty good signing in my eyes, he's effectively the best Australian left back on the market. If Mauk hadn't behaved like he did after he left City I think there'd be a bit of a buzz around him too, he was pretty decent at Adelaide and the cult of #yoof would be all over it.

14 minutes ago, Embee said:

TBF, Jamieson is a pretty good signing in my eyes, he's effectively the best Australian left back on the market. If Mauk hadn't behaved like he did after he left City I think there'd be a bit of a buzz around him too, he was pretty decent at Adelaide and the cult of #yoof would be all over it.

I rate him over Caceras so in my eyes we have done good effectively swapping those two

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Embee said:

He's a liar, was definitely at the club and then no showed the contract signing the next day for the tiniest of increases from Victory over what we offered.

To ditch 2 clubs in the matter of days does zero for your credibility. 

Good luck to him, chasing a deal and playing games with people can only go so far. This could end up being his last contract. 

Has it been officially announced that he has signed with the tards?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jovan said:

To ditch 2 clubs in the matter of days does zero for your credibility. 

Good luck to him, chasing a deal and playing games with people can only go so far. This could end up being his last contract. 

Has it been officially announced that he has signed with the tards?

Yep

1 hour ago, Embee said:

He's a liar, was definitely at the club and then no showed the contract signing the next day for the tiniest of increases from Victory over what we offered.

But Victory might backload his contract as he will be marquee next year. Shitcuntgypsy he is.

Edited by Mr MO

Just now, Mr MO said:

But Victory might backload his contract as he will be marquee next year.

Can't see him staying for longer than this season, he's flighty as fuck and the fact he's even gone back this time is seemingly remarkable.

1 minute ago, Embee said:

Can't see him staying for longer than this season, he's flighty as fuck and the fact he's even gone back this time is seemingly remarkable.

Word on the street is that, the only reason he went back is marquee status next year as Berisha will come under the cap. But let's see, I'll be bringing my Monopoly money to the derby!

• Like 1

On 27/07/2017 at 10:26 PM, Mr MO said:

Word on the street is that, the only reason he went back is marquee status next year as Berisha will come under the cap. But let's see, I'll be bringing my Monopoly money to the derby!

I'll start printing Monopoly money from now. Come derby day I should have enough lol

Edited by AntiScum

• 4 weeks later...