Melbourne Football

Troisi: Welcome To Melbourne

strider

10 minutes ago, n i k o said:

So according to tards he's signed under the cap. Are we to believe he has accepted the lowest offer of the season...?? 

I reckon theyll have offered him between 4-500 under the cap, possibly to rise next season when berisha becomes off contract.

Imo our offer would have been higher

there is no doubt this is a big blow to us as it strengthens them and put a big hole in our plans. Watch them get Milligan now. 

Anyway for us it's all about the response to this that we take. Whether it makes us more determined now because we have been shafted.

2 minutes ago, Dylan said:

there is no doubt this is a big blow to us as it strengthens them and put a big hole in our plans. Watch them get Milligan now. 

Anyway for us it's all about the response to this that we take. Whether it makes us more determined now because we have been shafted.

I'm not too concerned about our plans as a week ago Troisi seemed to be a lock to go overseas, so I'd assume we'd have had other Marquee options explored before we went all in on him. It's definitely a shafting though and a public one at that, which isn't a great look.

Still need that marquee spot needs to go to a number 10, Nico Martinez anyone?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Embee said:

I'm not too concerned about our plans as a week ago Troisi seemed to be a lock to go overseas, so I'd assume we'd have had other Marquee options explored before we went all in on him. It's definitely a shafting though and a public one at that, which isn't a great look.

Martinez would be immense, always wanted him and was very excited when there was those reports last season that we were sniffing around. He didnt get the accolades he deserved last season cause he was in such a bad team

3 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

But is Martinez available?

Yes, hassnt signed anywhere and wants to be in Aus. I believe the sticking point with any deal for Martinez is who ever he is owned by, they want a fee and a permanent deal and I think thats stopped the Clubs from here, hopefully we now go and buy him

We need some sleuths down at the Kit launch tonight to see what we can get out of the staff to what happened

• Like 2

The response to this public debacle will be very interesting. 

Manchester has gone nuts this window hopefully that might follow a little our way.

If ever they could flex some muscle and make a complete "you poked the bear" signing this could be the one.

Welcome Wesley. 

6 minutes ago, Jovan said:

The response to this public debacle will be very interesting. 

Manchester has gone nuts this window hopefully that might follow a little our way.

If ever they could flex some muscle and make a complete "you poked the bear" signing this could be the one.

Welcome Wesley. 

What happened to shelvy?

11 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Yes, hassnt signed anywhere and wants to be in Aus. I believe the sticking point with any deal for Martinez is who ever he is owned by, they want a fee and a permanent deal and I think thats stopped the Clubs from here, hopefully we now go and buy him

We need some sleuths down at the Kit launch tonight to see what we can get out of the staff to what happened

Troisi is always looking for the next paycheck, that's whats happened

apparently he signed for less, with Victory. but there must be some back loading going on for the second year, if it lasts that long before he is looking  around again

He's had more clubs than Jack Nicklaus

• Like 1

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/07/27/victory-winners-troisi-snubs-city-final-act-global-club-hunt

I take that with a grain of salt cos TWG are probably the least reliable media source in Aus football, but $570,000 under the cap seems suicide if you get injuries if you ask me. They'll prob get Milligan as marquee and one decent visa, but i'd say that pretty much leaves their other signings on min wage and largely irrelevant. They'd want to hope like hell they dont get injuries...

Edited by bt50

6 minutes ago, bt50 said:

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/07/27/victory-winners-troisi-snubs-city-final-act-global-club-hunt

I take that with a grain of salt cos TWG are probably the least reliable media source in Aus football, but $570,000 under the cap seems suicide if you ask me. They'll prob get Milligan as marquee and one decent visa, but i'd say that pretty much leaves their other signings on min wage and largely irrelevant. They'd want to hope like hell they dont get injuries...

Man city should get Milligan. Back load his contract, loan him here for a year then over to England next season

City made a real statement of intent by chasing and landing this guy. His backflipping is a real show of disrespect and i have no doubt that City will double down in their efforts to get someone better and show what happened is something they won't take lightly.

I think all these fears of us being in disarray is total horse shit.

Edited by rass
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Embee said:

Lucas Neill did more or less the same to Heart under Aloisi. What's unfortunate with Troisi is that it's MV who come out of it all looking smarter than City. We need a couple of good signings now so that people forget the Troisi affair. Really do hope that we had other options in place.

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

Lucas Neill did more or less the same to Heart under Aloisi. What's unfortunate with Troisi is that it's MV who come out of it all looking smarter than City. We need a couple of good signings now so that people forget the Troisi affair. Really do hope that we had other options in place.

Perhaps. It could also be perceived as dripping with desperation and panic...

3 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Perhaps. It could also be perceived as dripping with desperation and panic...

Exactly and they're doing the same thing again by chasing past players on the hope they can recreate that success. 

They look very desperate to me.

6 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I'm confident we do. Troisi feels like an opportunist attempt to me, he only really became available to A-League teams less than a week ago, so unless we were sitting around hoping that somehow all his European moves fell through I doubt we put all our eggs in his basket.

We've got easily the most extensive scouting and recruitment network in the league at our fingertips, if we hadn't already earmarked at least a dozen players we could potentially fill our marquee spot with I'd be surprised. The real question for me now is more down to whether the player we get will perform in this league. Troisi appealed to me because of his proven record here, can't afford another Koren or Colazo.

3 minutes ago, rass said:

Exactly and they're doing the same thing again by chasing past players on the hope they can recreate that success. 

They look very desperate to me.

Clearly panicked when Rojas bailed on them. Couldn't afford to lose him, Troisi and FBK all in the same off-season.

1 minute ago, Embee said:

I'm confident we do. Troisi feels like an opportunist attempt to me, he only really became available to A-League teams less than a week ago, so unless we were sitting around hoping that somehow all his European moves fell through I doubt we put all our eggs in his basket.

We've got easily the most extensive scouting and recruitment network in the league at our fingertips, if we hadn't already earmarked at least a dozen players we could potentially fill our marquee spot with I'd be surprised. The real question for me now is more down to whether the player we get will perform in this league. Troisi appealed to me because of his proven record here, can't afford another Koren or Colazo.

100% this.

Victory are like that boyfriend that gets dumped by the girlfriend(troi$i) because she wants to travel overseas. She goes over and f#cks a few guys and eventually returns. Boyfriend then hears that she is about to go on a date with a another guy(City) he despises.  Calls her up and pleads that he needs her back in his life...:wub:

• Like 2

Just now, Deluka said:

I don't think victory look smart at all, their hand was forced with Rojas and subsequently paid more than they would've like to retain Troisi

Which wouldnt have mattered if he was gunning for marquee, but given its under the cap its an exceptionally bold move that will backfire spectacularly if they have any of their key players injured this year.

9 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Which wouldnt have mattered if he was gunning for marquee, but given its under the cap its an exceptionally bold move that will backfire spectacularly if they have any of their key players injured this year.

Remember guys we are in a similar situation with a single player taking up too much cap space.

6 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Remember guys we are in a similar situation with a single player taking up too much cap space.

Aye, but if the reported figures are correct they've got a 42.5% higher allocation to that one player, with a far shallower depth pool than we have. The other thing is the 14 game guest stint that Cahill could have his wages arguably siphoned through, which Troisi probably can't.

10 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

How could we forget, you mention it in every second post. What can we do though, you're a pessimist/realist/pessimist/whatever.

Regardless, Troisi is on at least 30% more if his and Cahill's wage reports are correct, so if Tim is on too much then Troisi's contract is disastrous.

Edited by Embee
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Victory are like that boyfriend that gets dumped by the girlfriend(troi$i) because she wants to travel overseas. She goes over and f#cks a few guys and eventually returns. Boyfriend then hears that she is about to go on a date with a another guy(City) he despises.  Calls her up and pleads that he needs her back in his life...:wub:

😂😂😂😂

When a post comes up and you realise that you have wasted your "likes" on other posts 😒

• Like 2