Melbourne Football

Iacopo La Rocca

kingofhearts

If he is cheap and is willing rotate injuries with our other old centreback then he is welcome! 

What positions have got left to sign? Just a marquee?

Just now, Thrillhouse said:

would be completely losing my shit if he was a visa
the guido thug is as much a liability as malik if not more

Wouldn't mind if we could release Malik in some way.

3 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

So let's look at it this way, it's a salary capped league. He's come in as a low salary "aussie" defender. Like for like he's basically replacing Rose. Improvement imo 

He's not a left back for one 

2 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

If he is cheap and is willing rotate injuries with our other old centreback then he is welcome! 

What positions have got left to sign? Just a marquee?

No better than Retre then 

And so the A-League merry-go-round keeps on spinning.

Glad he's not taking up a visa spot, but at the end of the day he's 33 and notoriously prone to defensive brain fades and disciplinary problems and is pretty much the same player as Malik so forgive me for not really understanding why we've made this signing.

• Like 5

I reserve my judgement. Don't know what I think TBH.

We've signed two ex-Adelaide players so far this off-season - Galekovic is 36 and La Rocca is 33.

Jakobsen is 31, Franjic will be 30 in September, Jamieson will be 29 in October. Cahill is 37. Kilkenny is 31.

Starting to look like a bit of a "Dad's Army" to me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I reserve my judgement. Don't know what I think TBH.

We've signed two ex-Adelaide players so far this off-season - Galekovic is 36 and La Rocca is 33.

Jakobsen is 31, Franjic will be 30 in September, Jamieson will be 29 in October. Cahill is 37. Kilkenny is 31.

Starting to look like a bit of a "Dad's Army" to me.

No incentive to develop youth in this league so it doesnt really matter.

Decent squad player on presumably a low wage, no issue IMO.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Technically Jamo is ex-Adelaide as well, and is old mates with Petrillo:

Jamieson made his A-League name with Adelaide, having joined the club as a teenager when he returned from a stint at then English Premier League club Bolton Wanderers.

He has had a long-standing friendship with City's recruitment boss Michael Petrillo, so that made it a simple decision when he opted to return to Australia from his Swedish club, IFK Gothenburg, for family reasons.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/melbourne-city-new-boys-look-to-make-immediate-mark-as-warren-joyce-assesses-options-20170704-gx4k4l.html

I think that makes it 6 players and an assistant coach from Adelaide in less than 2 years since Petrillo took over.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jacques Le Cube said:

Technically Jamo is ex-Adelaide as well, and is old mates with Petrillo:

Jamieson made his A-League name with Adelaide, having joined the club as a teenager when he returned from a stint at then English Premier League club Bolton Wanderers.

He has had a long-standing friendship with City's recruitment boss Michael Petrillo, so that made it a simple decision when he opted to return to Australia from his Swedish club, IFK Gothenburg, for family reasons.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/melbourne-city-new-boys-look-to-make-immediate-mark-as-warren-joyce-assesses-options-20170704-gx4k4l.html

I think that makes it 6 players and an assistant coach from Adelaide in less than 2 years since Petrillo took over.

To be fair we send them just as many players.

We're probably closer aligned to Adelaide United than any of the CFG clubs tbh.

5 minutes ago, Embee said:

"Improve our defense" *defense is improved* Moaning ensues

"Engage with the fans more" *club engages on social media* Moaning ensues.

Honestly, some of you are so impossible to please that its fucking hilarious. We've brought in two tough, solid additons to our back four and rather than praising the positives people will grasp onto whatever negative they can find and beat the club with it. As far as the announcement, it was a bit of fun on social media, should the club go back to being silent so you can all cry about that again?

I look forward to the day we win the Championship, not for the celebrations but so that I can come on here and read the mental gymnastics people will undertake to somehow spin it into a negative.

Mate beat me to it. Right on the money. 

17 minutes ago, Embee said:

"Improve our defense" *defense is improved* Moaning ensues

"Engage with the fans more" *club engages on social media* Moaning ensues.

Honestly, some of you are so impossible to please that its fucking hilarious. We've brought in two tough, solid additons to our back four and rather than praising the positives people will grasp onto whatever negative they can find and beat the club with it. As far as the announcement, it was a bit of fun on social media, should the club go back to being silent so you can all cry about that again?

I look forward to the day we win the Championship, not for the celebrations but so that I can come on here and read the mental gymnastics people will undertake to somehow spin it into a negative.

Everthing has been spot on, got Jamo, Eugine and Wazza with a bit of hardness and the connection through the emails and social media has been excellent! But cmon man, people can surely be sceptical on La Rocca. I hope im proven wrong

• Like 1

• jw1739 locked and unlocked this topic