3 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

We also calls these "melbourne city games"

Ok then, an offseason meet up.

Where would they do it? The Imp?

Edited by Hellenic Hero

strider    2,386
27 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

I've got a free house this Friday!

Who wants to come over? Have the fight at mine, yeah!

I know a few gyms in the city that will gladly help Out, bevvies before and after. Come on det this is the people's fight 

GreenSeater    2,647
32 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

I've got a free house this Friday!

Who wants to come over? Have the fight at mine, yeah!

I'll have to double-check with mum... is it okay if I stay over?

• Like 1

cadete    6,062
13 hours ago, strider said:

I'm not joking lads. Let's do it @cadete

I thought the whole point of the persona of “Strider Mk2” as opposed to the way the original Strider posted on here (A noted Thread Killer) was you did not give a fuck about anything.

Therefore it does not really make much sense that when @Tesla calls you a Beta and I confirm nobody in YSIDE knew you (Despite your claims of being a Fringe Member) that you would go to the level of sending me a PM about how you could fuck me up IRL and want to organise an event to do so.
(In your speak sounds like Jimmy’s were very easily ruffled.)

The sole problem I have with you is that for like a year and half you continue to post personal information about me on a Public Forum due to some reason finding this humorous. It is not humorous – ESP not for me considering my background.

When you bait me in a non-personal way and shit I don’t really care and TBH you have posted a few rare posts (generally not about me) on here that even I found funny. However you have posted about one of my motor vehicles (constantly), my marital status, my personal appearance and even alluded to my name last week… which should be a no go on any forum.

And that’s exactly why you have issued this challenge because as you know all of the above about me…

You have issued it because you know who I am so you know that meeting Strides is not a good enough reason for me:

1. To jeopardise my  Office Job (FWIW my new boss is from Scotland – So I don’t have excuses about Skateboards anymore),
  2. My relationship with my Wife (Who I have promised to not go anywhere near an aggressive situation),
  3. My relationship with my family and very importantly my relationship with her family.
  4. And FWIW You also know – Like I know that I would lose such a fight.

Also the promise I made to my wife is because I got Metal Plate put in my cheek last year… maybe you even know this, regardless it’s a pretty good reason to not fight some dude of a forum for a Soccer Team who I have grown to care so little about that I finally discontinued my membership last week.

So therefore let it be known that @strider is the supreme winner and Alpha of this forum of largely Office Timewasters as I decline/forfeit your invitation... you did it mate - You beat me at Life.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

jeffplz    741
31 minutes ago, cadete said:

However you have posted about one of my motor vehicles (constantly),

why is this line so funny

AyeCee    647
15 hours ago, strider said:

Hi everyone

I am looking to do something to help raise some money for charity (maybe one that is affiliated with Melbourne City?).

Anyway, there is clearly some tension between @cadete and I. I propose det and I to fight 1v1 either Boxing or MMA with legitimate rules. Happy to set up the event, get some grog going and make a day of it. 
Would also be a great chance for everyone to meet the man that is behind Strider. 

Not sure how much det weighs but happy to do a catchweight bout. 

What do you guys reckon? Let's give back to the community and raise some money. Excellent prequel to the Mayweather McGregor fight. 

Your friendly neighbourhood Strider 

What are your actual motives for this? Do you really want to help out a charity, or are you just wanting an excuse to fight someone who clearly isn't interested in the slightest? 

If you're not entirely pathetic and genuinely have decent intentions regarding the charities, we could easily set up an event that features a heap of actually willing participants. Corporate boxing events are held in the UK in a similar vein, and are raising significant cash. I don't see why we couldn't do the same here. 

Get a few players on board, I reckon an uppercut from Jakobsen could send someone into orbit, and Warren Joyce would probably kill with no remorse. Numerous other forum members would also likely be interested in participating, lord knows that you and Cad aren't the only beef on here. @thisphantomfortressis enough of a Vice hipster fag to do something this dumb, and there's long been talk of a bout between Tomby and @MrAiDaN66

I've no idea how experienced you are (you hinted at a bit of a brawl in Adelaide?), but can't imagine it would be hard to find someone else who wants to knock you about a bit 😘

End of the day we all have some fun, air out a few problems, and have a day on the piss afterwards. All in the name of charity. 

• Like 6

malloy    3,092
Just now, AyeCee said:

What are your actual motives for this? Do you really want to help out a charity, or are you just wanting an excuse to fight someone who clearly isn't interested in the slightest? 

If you're not entirely pathetic and genuinely have decent intentions regarding the charities, we could easily set up an event that features a heap of actually willing participants. Corporate boxing events are held in the UK in a similar vein, and are raising significant cash. I don't see why we couldn't do the same here. 

Get a few players on board, I reckon an uppercut from Jakobsen could send someone into orbit, and Warren Joyce would probably kill with no remorse. Numerous other forum members would also likely be interested in participating, lord knows that you and Cad aren't the only beef on here. @thisphantomfortressis enough of a Vice hipster fag to do something this dumb, and there's long been talk of a bout between Tomby and @MrAiDaN66

I've no idea how experienced you are (you hinted at a bit of a brawl in Adelaide?), but can't imagine it would be hard to find someone else who wants to knock you about a bit 😘

End of the day we all have some fun, air out a few problems, and have a day on the piss afterwards. All in the name of charity. 

Or how about @cadete gets to name a 'champion' from this forum to take his place?

• Like 3

Tesla    8,087
56 minutes ago, cadete said:

However you have posted about one of my motor vehicles (constantly)

I don't think you get to complain about that one

cadete    6,062
Just now, Tesla said:

I don't think you get to complain about that one

Yeah fair play from you...

But you dont park your said vehicle in and around the city where it can easily be kicked over.

7 minutes ago, malloy said:

Or how about @cadete gets to name a 'champion' from this forum to take his place?

That would be humourous.

kingofhearts    3,224

People are actually taking strider seriously on this? Just seems like another thread to kill the off season boredom honestly. 

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 1

strider    2,386
22 minutes ago, AyeCee said:

I'm dead serious brah. Fight me IRL For charity. 

@cadete bro wtf lmao it's not that serious just a little fight. PM me and ask who I am instead of moaning tbh

jeffplz    741
1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Because it's a girly vehicle (kidding I actually really like it) 

knew that much, it's just really funny that seems to be the one thing he's sensitive about amongst "revealing personal details"

cadete    6,062
4 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

knew that much, it's just really funny that seems to be the one thing he's sensitive about amongst "revealing personal details"

I said it's the one thing he constantly says the most... Not what I care about most.

cadete    6,062
1 hour ago, strider said:

I'm dead serious brah. Fight me IRL For charity. 

@cadete bro wtf lmao it's not that serious just a little fight. PM me and ask who I am instead of moaning tbh

Look you take stuff to PM then I will PM...

But you PM'd and then later posted in Public on the Forum so therefore obviously I am going to place my response in Public on the Forum.

strider    2,386
20 minutes ago, cadete said:

Look you take stuff to PM then I will PM...

But you PM'd and then later posted in Public on the Forum so therefore obviously I am going to place my response in Public on the Forum.

Post what I PMd, I said a charity fight would be sick

strider    2,386
2 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Leak the Pm! 

He's got that white privilege going on. I never attacked or insulted him and he acts like a victim. 

Just wanna raise some cash for charity

cadete    6,062
24 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Leak the Pm! 

hey bro

u wanna fight me for real? 1v1 boxing or mma for charity. i'll fuk u up IRL but at least u might actually find out who i am and give the lads a laugh 

let me know bro happy to pay to set up an event, lets do it

cheers 

20 minutes ago, strider said:

He's got that white privilege going on. I never attacked or insulted him and he acts like a victim. 

Just wanna raise some cash for charity

Yes, I am white and privileged... and I not ashamed of where I come from.

Also dont claim to be a fringe member of Yarraside because nobody who was actually in Yarraside in its final Season would be dumb enough to organise a Charity Fighting Event via this public forum.

You do realise that there is a massive amount of A-League Wannabe Hooligans who support all the major sides and for some retarded reason they all constantly speak to each on Social Media and your own club has its fair share.

If you did organise this event "For Charity" you will basicly be really organising an event for a certain bunch of PPL in Melbourne to come and attend so they can hit City fans... and I can guarantee these are blokes will come as they will travel far and wide to hit City fans.

And they will have other shit in their hands other than gloves.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

playmaker    824
1 hour ago, Inferno said:

There's 7 minutes of reading that I will never get back. 

Its a shame someone mentioned me and out of curiosity I clicked the notification. People have got way too much time on their hands, waaay too much time.

cadete    6,062
46 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Its a shame someone mentioned me and out of curiosity I clicked the notification. People have got way too much time on their hands, waaay too much time.

No shit - This is a forum for Wasting Time not Soccer... 

Almost all of the most regular posters mainly just post in the Club Room.

• Like 2