DFG_82

What makes me happy...

"Scott Jamieson was the man who was in the thick of the action"

What concerns me (another penalty)....

"Karim Matmour was taken down in the penalty area" 

What doesn't suprise me...

"sending Bouzanis the wrong way in the process"

Edited by n i k o

I think the best indicator for the season is whether wazza was wearing shorts or not.

Wearing shorts on a day like today would confirm that he believes we can win the toilet seat. If he was wearing pants then I feel it would indicate that we have a tough season ahead and that the curse of mediocrity has already gone to work on him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We were beaten by one goal in a pre-season match that went for 120 minutes in terrible conditions. Both goals we conceded were from set-pieces.

From reading the report it sounds like we created good chances.

Remember that we are without Fornaroli and Cahill. It'll take time to adjust. No need to melt just yet. 

17 minutes ago, Harrison said:

We were beaten by one goal in a pre-season match that went for 120 minutes in terrible conditions. Both goals we conceded were from set-pieces.

Remember that we are without Fornaroli and Cahill. It'll take time to adjust. No need to melt just yet. 

Mate have you learnt nothing.

Regardless of the circumstances a loss is loss especially in pre season. Also any time Muscat is played the poor result is his fault. 

Common sense and logic has no place here. Consider this a formal warning. 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Regardless of the circumstances a loss is loss especially in pre season. Also any time Muscat is played the poor result is his fault. 

You forgot to mention they were set piece goals..... Who is in goal again?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Jovan said:

5 minutes ago, Dylan said:

You forgot to mention they were set piece goals..... Who is in goal again?

And Valkanis is assistant coach, enough said.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Harrison said:

We also don't know what Wazza is trying to achieve with these practice matches. Why he's leaving certain players out of the side, whether he is trying out our scholarship/younger players in match conditions, whether he is trying different combinations and formations, etc. etc. Without that information the "score" dominates our thinking and can lead to the wrong interpretation.

IMO the FFA Cup match next week will tell us where we are.

However, it would ease supporter concerns if we did make a couple of good signings.

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

We also don't know what Wazza is trying to achieve with these practice matches. Why he's leaving certain players out of the side, whether he is trying out our scholarship/younger players in match conditions, whether he is trying different combinations and formations, etc. etc. Without that information the "score" dominates our thinking and can lead to the wrong interpretation.

IMO the FFA Cup match next week will tell us where we are.

However, it would ease supporter concerns if we did make a couple of good signings.

this :wub: