Melbourne Football

Melbourne City Pre-Season Friendlies 2017

DFG_82

13 minutes ago, InMyHeart said:

Confirmed, next weeks pre season game is Vs jets on Wednesday again 99% certain at CFA.
Haven't got a kick off time yet though

Who pays for the accomodation and travel of the other team? Us, FFA or the visiting team?

Edited by haz

17 hours ago, Jovan said:

So is he actually at Kamua level or better? 

I've never really seen him play much.

He is much more technical, in the recent Aussie U23's he constantly dribbled past defenders and looked one of our most dangerous players.

The biggest criticism is his crossing from out wide, none really hit the mark and most were overhit, but he likes to dribble into the box for a pass/cutback.

Scored a few goals iirc, he's not shy at taking a shot.

2 minutes ago, moops said:

He is much more technical, in the recent Aussie U23's he constantly dribbled past defenders and looked one of our most dangerous players.

The biggest criticism is his crossing from out wide, none really hit the mark and most were overhit, but he likes to dribble into the box for a pass/cutback.

Scored a few goals iirc, he's not shy at taking a shot.

Can he shoot?

Because I've given up on Kamau being able to and maybe that's why he second guesses most times and results in making the wrong decision. 

17 hours ago, Jovan said:

So is he actually at Kamua level or better? 

I've never really seen him play much.

His take on skills are at the very least on par (being conservative) with Kamau if not better and his crossing/shot wouldn't be any worse than Kamau either given that we know this is Kamaus weakness. And he's certainly no worse off on the physicality side of things. Kamau definetly has him on the experience side of things. For me it comes down to how well he integrates with the rest of the players around him and play his role within the team. That's the aspect that I'm not sure about in comparison to Kamau. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, n i k o said:

His take on skills are at the very least on par (being conservative) with Kamau if not better and his crossing/shot wouldn't be any worse than Kamau either given that we know this is Kamaus weakness. And he's certainly no worse off on the physicality side of things. Kamau definetly has him on the experience side of things. For me it comes down to how well he integrates with the rest of the players around him and play his role within the team. That's the aspect that I'm not sure about in comparison to Kamau. 

If both are fighting for the one position that might/should lift them to higher levels and ultimately benefitting the team as a whole. 

Positive I guess is that they won't be used as converted fullbacks.

15 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Can he shoot?

Because I've given up on Kamau being able to and maybe that's why he second guesses most times and results in making the wrong decision. 

I can remember him skying a couple, but the pitches were cow paddocks, so maybe the ball bobbled? In any case, he'll have a crack.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jovan said:

If both are fighting for the one position that might/should lift them to higher levels and ultimately benefitting the team as a whole. 

Positive I guess is that they won't be used as converted fullbacks.

Arzani is a right footer but for some reason I've only seen him being played on the left wing during the last couple of seasons and also on Wednesday. So I don't know if they're in direct competition for the same spot. From a performance perspective though I'd like to think that they are fighting to be the one to be in starting eleven though, which I'm sure they are. And yes not converting them is a positive. I'd like to think even JVS wouldn't try to convert Kamau into a defender. 

12 minutes ago, n i k o said:

For the U23's he played left wing, he seems more two footed than Kamau and a lot stronger, experience is all Kamau has over him imo.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, InMyHeart said:

Confirmed, next weeks pre season game is Vs jets on Wednesday again 99% certain at CFA.
Haven't got a kick off time yet though

I reckon that we get asked if clubs can come for friendlies,  rather than us inviting them given the facilities we have

5 minutes ago, moops said:

For the U23's he played left wing, he seems more two footed than Kamau and a lot stronger, experience is all Kamau has over him imo.

Yes he does. On Wednesday I saw him on a couple of occasions try to cut back a ball with his left. Kamau would have never even attempted it as the ball would have knocked him off his feet. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Bouzanis

muscat tongyik jakobsen jamieson

Brattan

Kilkenny Timmy

Kamau Bruno Fitzy

Malik came off for a quad strain 5 min in. Replaced by Timmy. 

Second half change Bort on for Tongyik. 

Thanks mate. Hopefully Bort does well.

Whos playing well? Malik's injury look bad?

4 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Newy at full strength?

Yeh look to be 

Just now, GreenSeater said:

What were their goals like? Are they playing well or just us playing shite?

Second goal a shambles. The others just losing possession and getting done on the counter. Very good second half though. Completely dominating. 

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

Before anyone takes too much stock, just remember we got done 5-1 by Welly last pre-season at full strength and went on to do the treble over them.

And as @Embee said to me earlier, knowing Wazza they probably had to do sprints or something this morning.

It's too early to be really concerned, but we shipped two goals to Central Coast last week (and Hoole also missed a penalty that would have given him a hat-trick) and we've shipped three today. That's against two teams that many have written off as bottom four for the coming season. Not really what we want to see.

8 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

It's too early to be really concerned, but we shipped two goals to Central Coast last week (and Hoole also missed a penalty that would have given him a hat-trick) and we've shipped three today. That's against two teams that many have written off as bottom four for the coming season. Not really what we want to see.

Time for Galekovic to get a run in goals I think

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, InMyHeart said:

This is why I haven't bought a membership yet... we are looking hopeless this preseason

2 rules I go by.

Rule no 1. Ignore all pre season results. 

Rule no 2. Ignore all pre season results. 

And for the record that was our first loss.