Melbourne Football

Melbourne City Pre-Season Friendlies 2017

DFG_82

1 minute ago, fensaddler said:

He's looking at his players and trying things.  Typical pre-season selection.

True and tbh rule number 1 is ignore pre season games and results. But you'd think that Galekovic Kilkenny and Fornaroli would come first. Although Brattan status is unclear even he would be ahead of Malik.

He just is not a player I would ever consider to captain. 

2 minutes ago, Jovan said:

True and tbh rule number 1 is ignore pre season games and results. But you'd think that Galekovic Kilkenny and Fornaroli would come first. Although Brattan status is unclear even he would be ahead of Malik.

He just is not a player I would ever consider to captain. 

Well apparently he is a really good bloke, so who knows?

38 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

He's looking at his players and trying things.  Typical pre-season selection.

We don't need to try and play ordinary games against NPL opponents, we've had years of that as Heart. The ame sounds pretty underwhelming from the sparse Twiiter reports

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Pleased to see Fitzy in form.  Didn't get the recognition from the previous regime, but for me a key player.

He really improved in the second half of last season, perhaps the only one to improve under Valkanis.

What were our strengths and weaknesses in this game? Why did we have so much trouble scoring? How did we tactically adjust?

Edited by belaguttman

50' | Brattan on the set piece at the apex of the penalty area as he skies it into the carpark of DFO across the road. 0-0

Favourite tweet read here at my desk in Germmany.... Brattan musn't have put his weight over the ball ha+.

Fitzy for Johnny Warren medal!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

He really improved in the second half of last season, perhaps the only one to improve under Valkanis.

What were our strengths and weaknesses in this game? Why did we have so much trouble scoring? How did we tactically adjust?

Seemed reluctant to shoot, unlike the Oakleigh game where we pulled the trigger whenever there was a gap, might have been down to tactical instruction though.

• Like 1

Problem is we all expect Brattan to be something he is not. He has showed since he joined the club that he is nothing but a holding midfielder with rare flashes of brilliance. He is no regular playmaker that we can rely on. So I think that's what we should expect, nothing more nothing less.

My thoughts on the game....it reminded me a lot of our games from last season. We got opened up a number of times on the counter, we barely registered any clear chances on goal until the end and our build up play was relatively slow. I guess after last seasons results I'm a bit pessimistic about what anyone at the club will deliver this season. 

34 minutes ago, n i k o said:

My thoughts on the game....it reminded me a lot of our games from last season. We got opened up a number of times on the counter, we barely registered any clear chances on goal until the end and our build up play was relatively slow. I guess after last seasons results I'm a bit pessimistic about what anyone at the club will deliver this season. 

The common denominator is the same shit spine with Malik in it.

8 hours ago, Baka1 said:

I thought bentleigh played a great game and made us work for it. Stop being negative kents it's game 2

Bentleigh played very well, they made us play "badly", they a had a game plan, which they executed well.

they congested the midfield and made it difficult to play through the middle

they allowed our CB's to dribble out and attempt to thread a pass, which Bentleigh easily cut out, knowing that our CB's will turn over the ball

Bentleigh transitioned quickly from defense to attack, they have some good players, with a bit of luck they could have scored a couple of times

we had some good moments, the final ball still lets us down. ( but  remember it is early days, in a pre season match)

Jakobsen, is not injured, Timmy was there, Sorensen doesn't have his coaching badges, yet. Brandan said his knee was good,

Lots of fringe players in the player area,La Rocca, Kamau, Roberts etc

NO Caceras there, someone posted a rumour that he has left, Wazza has probably told him that he won't feature much.

the youngsters showed some nice touches

A lack of a real # 10 sticks out like dogs balls,

we still need another quality CB

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Caceras gone already? Wasn't he recently signed up again? Maybe this was done before Joyce turned up.

If the Troisi and Mauk rumours both come to fruition then Caceres potentially becomes surplus to requirements.

4 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Will be a squad made up of those who didn't travel. no point making it available to the public

Its my understanding that in the U.K. "Behind closed doors" games are allowed to feature players who haven't got their full visas to play professionally.

im pretty confident this is why we are doing this and that Ki will be trialled tonight 

2 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Its my understanding that in the U.K. "Behind closed doors" games are allowed to feature players who haven't got their full visas to play professionally.

im pretty confident this is why we are doing this and that Ki will be trialled tonight 

Who's Ki?