Melbourne Football

Melbourne City Pre-Season Friendlies 2017

DFG_82

21 hours ago, jeffplz said:

He's quite far off

Oh well, I was being optimistic more than anything else. You are a physio aren't you? If so, you are most probably correct.

10 hours ago, Embee said:

Yeah Bruno was a little off in front of goal, which is pretty funny considering he scored four.

Wasn't it 5?

4 hours ago, haz said:

I thought the Moon Landings were just behind the scenes of RHCP 'Give it Away' music video?

The moon landings were fake, but Kubrick insisted on them filming on location (Sea of Tranquility) to get the lighting right.  Cost a bomb, but was worth it, so realistic.

• Like 2

City face Bentleigh Greens on Tuesday night at Kingston Heath Soccer Complex, kick-off 7.30pm. 2017/18 members will receive a personalised email on Tuesday with ticketing information. Show the email with a valid ID to receive the members price of $5. Tickets are $10.
www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/pre-season-preview-bentleigh-greens-v-city/spwpzz741wzt1t4jgajw6jzzu#uW7bIxfPButt1YlR.99

Edited by jw1739

The Greens boast a number of former A-League and NYL players from both the city blue and navy sides of Melbourne. Ross Archibald would be the most familiar to City fans, with the defender returning to Australia to join the NPL side, while Nick Ward, Andy Brennan, Kieran Dover and Luke Pilkington join him in Head Coach John Anastasiadis’ squad.

The city blues vs the navy blues. What a derby this has become

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackout said:

Not that many of you Melbournites will venture out to frontier country, but my local paper is reporting a Western Sydney pre-season friendly in Shepparton.

http://www.sheppnews.com.au/2017/07/24/101034/shepparton-to-host-a-league-friendly

Melburnians. 

Sounds good at least all our members will get a seat.

• Like 1

Lets hope that we have a harder workout tonight, last week was pleasant to watch, but after the first 10 minutes it was almost one way traffic

Hopefully the weather stays clear, I'd like to stand behind the bench again to hear Wazza in action

Galekovic to start ?

La Rocca to play a part ?

Tongyik, Kamua & Arzani to feature ?

3 minutes ago, japiedog said:

Lets hope that we have a harder workout tonight, last week was pleasant to watch, but after the first 10 minutes it was almost one way traffic

Hopefully the weather stays clear, I'd like to stand behind the bench again to hear Wazza in action

Galekovic to start ?

With the cup game next week we will probably see mainly first 15 involved tonight. Be interesting to see if Cahill is involved has only just returned so most likely no.

7 minutes ago, japiedog said:

Galekovic to start ?

Tongyik, Kamau and Arzani are still away with the Olyroos

3 minutes ago, Jovan said:

With the cup game next week we will probably see mainly first 15 involved tonight. Be interesting to see if Cahill is involved has only just returned so most likely no.

Hmm i tend to think with the cup game next week he'll have a cameo off the bench, maybe 15-30 min

1 hour ago, japiedog said:

anyone got their special email yet,?

for half priced admission for tonight ?

Yes. 12.22.

1 hour ago, Blackout said:

Apparently Friday 22nd September is the date for the Shepparton pre-season game against Western Sydney.

I can cross that one off the list then.

Edited by jw1739
e-mail received

2 hours ago, japiedog said:

mine has arrived , the email

one email,  I've got 2 memberships, me and the handbrake

2 emails should come to me, but I've only received one .....

Likewise this has been happening all last season and i have tried to get it changed but to no avail.

7 hours ago, Blackout said:

Apparently Friday 22nd September is the date for the Shepparton pre-season game against Western Sydney.

Evening, I assume?  Went to Ballarat for the match against Newcastle last season, even though only our youth squad turned out.  Would be nice to get to this.

City XI | Galekovic, Muscat, Jamieson, Malik, Fitzgerald, Kilkenny, Tongyik, Fornaroli, Brattan, Najjarine, Genreau

Subs | Bouzanis, Crowley, C.Cavallo, J.Cavallo, Lesiotis, Atkinson

Wheres La Rocca? Hopefully Jakobsen ís getting rested and not pulled a calf.

Whose captain?

Edited by haz