Date: Tuesday 18 July 2017

Time: Kick off 7:30pm, Gates open at 5:30pm

Location: Jack Edwards Reserve, Edward Street, Oakleigh, 3166

Entry: $10

2017 FFA Cup Launch 

Date: Wednesday 19 July 2017

Time: Stomping Ground opens at 5:30pm, event begins at 6pm and concludes 9:30pm

Location: Stomping Ground Brewery,100 Gipps Street Collingwood, 3066

Entry: $15 with free FFA Cup glass, one complimentary beer and pizza. 

Melbourne City FC vs Bentleigh Greens

Date: Tuesday 25 July 2017

Time: Kick off 7:30pm, Gates open 6:30pm

Location: Kingston Heath Soccer Complex, 289 Centre Dandenong Rd, Cheltenham VIC 3192

Entry: $5 for City members, $10 for non-members

http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/july-events-your-season-starts-here/y608te565viz1oibo3j7ohn5q

3 minutes ago, Heart of oakleigh said:

So, do i wear my melb city scarf or oakleigh cannons scarf? 

If you are an Oakleigh fan I take it you would also have a South Melbourne Scarf... DW I am sure their will be some Northcote Fans with the same problem. ;)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Bloody good to get two matches close to home! Will be there.

Will we be in City blue I wonder?

Would be nice to see the new kits sooner but I reckon they won't be launched till early/mid August similar to last season.

Edited by DFG_82
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, cadete said:

If you are an Oakleigh fan I take it you would also have a South Melbourne Scarf... DW I am sure their will be some Northcote Fans with the same problem. ;)

Well no i was never a south melb supporter.  Alot of oakleigh supporters did support either south melb or heidelberg united alexander in the national soccer league and also supported oakleigh in the state leagues.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Heart of oakleigh said:

Well no i was never a south melb supporter.  Alot of oakleigh supporters did support either south melb or heidelberg united alexander in the national soccer league and also supported oakleigh in the state leagues.

South Melbourne's the true Greek club in Melbourne and Australia. Oakleigh pffff wtf have they ever done. Their coach speaks the success  

Who gives a f**k seriously. 

Yeah of course they were a massive part of football taking its roots here. No doubt.

But now they're just an NPL team and at this point in time are completely irrelevant to Melbourne City.

I don't understand why we're even talking about them tbh.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rass said:

Who gives a f**k seriously. 

Yeah of course they were a massive part of football taking its roots here. No doubt.

But now they're just an NPL team and at this point in time are completely irrelevant to Melbourne City.

I don't understand why we're even talking about them tbh.

Why are they in the NPL? Oh yeah because the FFA didn't include them. And in a few years time when they might possibly get into the A-league then they will be relevant 

On 10/07/2017 at 7:31 AM, Heart of oakleigh said:

So, do i wear my melb city scarf or oakleigh cannons scarf? 

Pair of scissors and a bit of thread and you've got yourself two fine half-and-half scarves right there. Fun for all the family.

Edited by Falastur

9 hours ago, Inferno said:

South Melbourne's the true Greek club in Melbourne and Australia. Oakleigh pffff wtf have they ever done. Their coach speaks the success  

Go ask the south melb board if they still consider themselves a "true greek club".  Oakleigh which is a small greek community club in the heart of the greek precinct has won 9 premierships in the state leagues and should not be compared to bigger national soccer league clubs. Try telling malvern, aris, altona east, heidelberg, bentleigh, kingston ect that they are not true greek clubs.

1 hour ago, Falastur said:

Pair of scissors and a bit of thread and you've got yourself two fine half-and-half scarves right there. Full for all the family.

I use one scarf for city in the summer league and the other for oakleigh in the winter league. Will go as a neutral for this match lol.

The credibility of South was on display when they tried to buy Heart. It was clear they were full of shit. That's why the FFA are sceptical. But I'd like to see npl clubs have a pathway into the aleague through a second division or something like that. But not south because the reaction will provide many lols for many years. (Sorry @jw1739 for using some urban language ;) ahah)

4 hours ago, Dylan said:

The credibility of South was on display when they tried to buy Heart. It was clear they were full of shit. That's why the FFA are sceptical. But I'd like to see npl clubs have a pathway into the aleague through a second division or something like that. But not south because the reaction will provide many lols for many years. (Sorry @jw1739 for using some urban language ;) ahah)

😂 

1 hour ago, mjake1234 said:

Would be nice if they arranged a team from the South East and another one in the North. Give all of us an opportunity to get to at least one game close to home. But then that's too logical.

I agree with the principle of trying to have an even spread each pre-season, but IIRC since we became City these are the first pre-season matches south of Port Melbourne where there was just one in 2015. So I think on this occasion having two in the south-east is fair enough.

13 hours ago, cadete said:

One thing has not changed, we still get a new annoying South fan just like in every season of MHFC and MCFC on here spewing the same shit about how they should be in the A-League. 

Was I that new annoying south fan once upon a time old mate? 

At least I was the best out of those darn south supporting annoying forum posters yeah???

Anybody?

Yall know I got love for you guys right?

Edited by sheepdog
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, sheepdog said:

Was I that new annoying south fan once upon a time old mate? 

At least I was the best out of those darn south supporting annoying forum posters yeah???

Anybody?

Yall know I got love for you guys right?

Of course mate... In fact we def been missing you around this place. 

Always remember your reaction to The Terrace Inclusion Act. :up:

• Like 1