restaurant experiences

Inferno

I ask a waitress for a new glass.

"Why?"

"Cause this one's been used."

"Why?"

"This is used."

"Why? you've got one there"

"It's been used mate" (at this point the form of "mate" used is the equivalent of "you cunt")

"You can still drink from it"

at this point my brother 'yells' at her to get a new one and stop asking silly questions.

Were we the rude ones or her?

12 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

I ask a waitress for a new glass.

"Why?"

"Cause this one's been used."

"Why?"

"This is used."

"It's been used mate" (at this point the form of "mate" used is the equivalent of "you cunt")

at this point my brother 'yells' at her to get a new one and stop asking silly questions.

You. Far too confrontational.

Alright, let me re-tell with appropriate facial expressions:

23 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

I ask a waitress for a new glass. *smile*

"Why?"

"Cause this one's been used." *still smiling, slightly confused*

"Why?"

"This is used." *genuinely confused*

"It's been used mate" (at this point the form of "mate" used is the equivalent of "you cunt") *not sure if srs*

I went to a Little Creatures Beer Hall a few years back with my Ex and her sister for some beer and overpriced tapas (it was not my choice)... anyway my Ex's sister asked if they did jugs...

The Waitress in a complete bitch tone replied "Um, I think it is a bit early for jugs"... when it was 3pm on a Sunday at a Beer Hall.

• Like 1

Too much negativity in here. 

I went to the fat duck when it was in Melbourne. Cost me $500 for food and I probably spent the same on wine. 

Was unreal 12 courses of the craziest/ most delicious dishes you'd ever had. Service was impeccable. It was a gastronomical adventure. 

Inb4 @bt50 "I'd rather just go get a Parma"

8 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Too much negativity in here. 

I went to the fat duck when it was in Melbourne. Cost me $500 for food and I probably spent the same on wine. 

Was unreal 12 courses of the craziest/ most delicious dishes you'd ever had. Service was impeccable. It was a gastronomical adventure. 

Inb4 @bt50 "I'd rather just go get a Parma"

Do you know how hard is to get a gluten free parma these days??? Lock me in for a steak anyday. :hoff:

Had some shit food at some pub in London

Left bad tripadvisor review

To this day still get emails from tripadvisor about how popular my review is

Tripadvisor famous

Dont fuck with me

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 2

did anyone else find the quality of the menu / food at the Imperial (back before the move to the Mt View) was better down stairs than up? 

don't know about anyone else but i always enjoyed eating down stairs 10 times more than eating up stairs.

Edited by mattyh001

1 hour ago, Tesla said:

Had some shit food at some pub in London

Left bad tripadvisor review

To this day still get emails from tripadvisor about how popular my review is

Tripadvisor famous

Dont fuck with me

I love giving good reviews to Hostels that I liked overseas mainly so I can I blatantly point out who the Local Douche Bag is who works at the Hostel to crack on to Girls who are travelling on their own.

I consider these blokes (And every Hostel has one - Often from another Country as well) lower on the Occupation Ladder than those dicks who try to stop you in the street because want you to pay Greenpeace an amount out of your bank account each month.

8 minutes ago, mattyh001 said:

did anyone else find the quality of the menu / food at the Imperial (back before the move to the Mt View) was better down stairs than up? 

don't know about anyone else but i always enjoyed eating down stairs 10 times more than eating up stairs.

Not that I go up there because its Non Smoking and just Boring Yuppies/Nerds... but the Rooftop has a different menu if that is what you are referring too.

The Imp is worst on a Friday Afternoon about 5pm - A massive line of Yuppies trying to go a Non Smoking Rooftop, Nerdy Yuppies complaining about you smoking in the Middle Smoking Area (Built for Smokers) and worst of all those crews of US Fringe Sport Nerds vaping on all the Tables you can smoke at outside.

Edited by cadete

15 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I went to a pizza place where a friend works on Sunday. It was a really high end one with a Woodfire oven. I got a free garlic pizza entre and the pints (I'd had a cheeky couple before going) were a well priced, local brew. All in all it was an extremely positive experience, would go again. 

Well give us a name.

Was in Greece two years ago and just checked into my hotel after a long flight. I went down the road to get a souvlaki. I said (in Greek) can I have two souvlakia please. The waiter then said ok. 15 mins later I think where the hell is it. The same waiter then came out with 4 pieces of pork on a skewer. He then places it on my table. I saw what's this. He goes two souvlakia. I take a look at the menu then remember that in Greece souvlaki means meat on skewers and the wrap is Gyros. 

18 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

That was a very long story to explain something even I know and I don't speak a lick of Greek. 

My favourite bit  was when he had us in suspense with the 15 minute wait, here I was thinking it was relevant to the story somehow.

Hey @Tesla you remember you and I went to Pizza Hut in Sydney CBD (A Frequent YSIDE Haunt) and the Asian PPL working there (Most looked like students) had to kick out some Russian Women out because she was stealing food from the All You Can Eat Buffet. 

She went fucken nuts and on a ten minute rant against Asians, Asian Immigration and then ended the rant by telling them they were fucked cos she was related to Peter Costello... which really was not relevant because:

1. Peter Costello had meekly retired from Politics (If he hadn't he would be PM right now).
  2. And I knew for a fact Peter Costello had no Russian Relatives.
Edited by cadete
  • Like 4