Melbourne Football

We signed Scotty j

kingofhearts

27 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Good has definitely helped him but Jamieson has also lifted. I can remember him making silly decisions and diving into tackles almost every match. Thankfully he's stopped doing that at the age of 32. And despite that he's a crafty footballer. I think he reads the game pretty well in general but he's improved his decision-making in those 'split second' moments.

The inverted role suits him. It's not as if it's an extremely complex system (Galloway has done it too). But he slots into the midfield area comfortably and doesn't get caught out often. We're getting the most out of him, which is always good. That's what good teams do.

That’s it! Best you can ask for with player in his 30’s! 

• Like 1

Conspiracy theory...

His contract is ending at the end of the season and he wants it renewed so he is playing out of his skin with 110% concentration.

On a more seriois note, I have been a rather outspoken critic of Jamo (and still am to an extent), but credit where credit is due, he has been in fine form since coming back from his red card and overall seems to be continually improving (there was a few moments in the Brissie game where his passing was sloppy/poor and I thought maybe he was regressing back to his "true form").

26 minutes ago, malloy said:

Conspiracy theory...

His contract is ending at the end of the season and he wants it renewed so he is playing out of his skin with 110% concentration.

On a more seriois note, I have been a rather outspoken critic of Jamo (and still am to an extent), but credit where credit is due, he has been in fine form since coming back from his red card and overall seems to be continually improving (there was a few moments in the Brissie game where his passing was sloppy/poor and I thought maybe he was regressing back to his "true form").

Haha don’t think it’s a conspiracy. There are definitely players who perform better in their OOC years. Happens in every sport. 

19 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Haha don’t think it’s a conspiracy. There are definitely players who perform better in their OOC years. Happens in every sport. 

It's human nature. We'd do the same if our livelihood depended on a new contract.

But in Jamo's case IMO he's just getting better with experience and age, and who could really ask for more from all our full-backs? Jamo and Galloway make me remember Paul Merson and Lee Dixon of Arsenal. Different time, different place, but you get a lift when you see the names on the team sheet.

I hope he stays on.

49 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Nobody drives like a F1 driver looking for a new seat 

27 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Apart from a F1 driver that knows he is losing his seat. 

In 10 years time, every F1 driver on the grid will be the son (or daughter) of either a billionaire or a former F1 driver.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jamo is so often going into bat for us, this club and the league - have had my doubts in the past, but performances aside this guy is a seriously good leader and human being.

Very proud to say he's our first captain to lift a league trophy for the club.

(NB: photo a coincidence, this isn't a Jamo burner account haha)

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Deluka said:

Jamo is so often going into bat for us, this club and the league - have had my doubts in the past, but performances aside this guy is a seriously good leader and human being.

Very proud to say he's our first captain to lift a league trophy for the club.

(NB: photo a coincidence, this isn't a Jamo burner account haha)

Couldnt think of a better character to be our games record holder (i believe he is one appearance behind WIlliams now) and first premiership captain. Hes had his ups and downs from a playing perspective, but you couldnt get a better leader to guide your club imo.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Couldnt think of a better character to be our games record holder (i believe he is one appearance behind WIlliams now) and first premiership captain. Hes had his ups and downs from a playing perspective, but you couldnt get a better leader to guide your club imo.

Ageing like a fine wine is Jamieson. Or a bottle of Jameson 😏

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Can’t argue with your logic.

my logic was Ben Garuccio being on his hammer didn’t do him any harm. Nothing motivates like competition for places.

It’s the new Adidas Predators he’s wearing they make a massive difference in close ball control and shooting.

Culture.

A lot of talk about the contribution of paddy to our culture and what may or may not have been contributed by his predecessor coaches. 
I reckon this bloke has made a massive contribution. His attitude to basically everything is outstanding. Sets the example for the others to follow.

A fantastic captain.

• Like 6

• 1 year later...

Scotty has announced his retirement. The grand final will be his last match as a player. He will continue with the club in a coaching role next season.

https://melbournecityfc.com.au/news/jamo-calls-it-a-day-city-skipper-to-retire-following-alm-grand-final?fbclid=IwAR2PKE8AClRHqC9QQr6nLCXsUG_oeFRfWxMsiWz3zgadzcU7NyuKM8hrZgk

A true club hero for his attitude and leadership. Let's win it for Scotty!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NuggetsMcGreggor said:

Scotty has announced his retirement. The grand final will be his last match as a player. He will continue with the club in a coaching role next season.

https://melbournecityfc.com.au/news/jamo-calls-it-a-day-city-skipper-to-retire-following-alm-grand-final?fbclid=IwAR2PKE8AClRHqC9QQr6nLCXsUG_oeFRfWxMsiWz3zgadzcU7NyuKM8hrZgk

A true club hero for his attitude and leadership. Let's win it for Scotty!

Indeed. Great to hear he's staying on with the club.

Deserves a Testimonial match - make it happen CFG.

• Like 5

Should he step on the field, it will be his 141st aleague appearance for us - a club record.  Curtis Good is not far behind, but still a phenomenal effort given 100 game players have never been that common for us.

Great to know he's hanging around too. Biggest congrats to the man and his family.

Edited by mattyh001
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, mattyh001 said:

Should he step on the field, it will be his 141st aleague appearance for us - a club record.  Curtis Good is not far behind, but still a phenomenal effort given 100 game players have never been that common for us.

Great to know he's hanging around too. Biggest congrats to the man and his family.

Had a feeling he would call it a day this season. Has been a great captain and had some good seasons with us!

It would be fair to at least come on with 15-20 minutes remaining. Not a starter though...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/05/2023 at 12:23 PM, MHFC-FAN said:

Had a feeling he would call it a day this season. Has been a great captain and had some good seasons with us!

It would be fair to at least come on with 15-20 minutes remaining. Not a starter though...

Still can't believe he didn't even get given a single minute 🤦🏻‍♂️Rado really did shit the bed..

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, bt50 said:

Disagree. I think its more insulting to give him some sort of charity minutes when we are chasing the game in a final. 

Would fly against every thing that champion has stood for in his time at the club.

Are we talking about charity minutes? I though that we might more be talking about bringing on the captain after the second penalty (73rd minute) and we went 1-4 down.

4 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Disagree. I think its more insulting to give him some sort of charity minutes when we are chasing the game in a final. 

Would fly against every thing that champion has stood for in his time at the club.

Bit insulting to not even give him "charity minutes" when we were down 4-1. Like we were ever coming back from even 3-1...

I understand we all might have a different perspective here, but by subbing a defender on when behind in a gf you're effectively giving up. 

And i think from that perspective, and from the perspective of the team before the individual, then almost the best possible tribute to Jamos legacy given the scenario was to stick to the principles that man was largely responsible for introducing and overseeing a seismic cultural shift at the football club.

• Like 4

To be honest Jamo should have started ahead of Nuno.. still absolutely baffles me why you would play a CB in the RB position against a winger who is known for his pace..

Not to mention Jamo has a lot more grit and fearlessness to him!

Edited by heart1011
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, heart1011 said:

To be honest Jamo should have started ahead of Nuno.. still absolutely baffles me why you would play a CB in the RB position against a winger who is known for his pace..

Not to mention Jamo has a lot more grit and fearlessness to him!

And no pace either!

Naturally Talbot or Galloway should have started.

• Like 1