Melbourne Football

We signed Scotty j

kingofhearts

Galloway over the course of his career has always looked much better at left back than right back, the bigger question mark is over Atkinson at RB as he's been played more on the wing recently. Either way, it couldn't be a more dismal result than we currently have with Jamo there every week.

4 hours ago, mus-28 said:

Galloway over the course of his career has always looked much better at left back than right back, the bigger question mark is over Atkinson at RB as he's been played more on the wing recently. Either way, it couldn't be a more dismal result than we currently have with Jamo there every week.

From memory, Atkinson was horribly defensively when he played at RB. But I can't remember if that was when we were playing a ridiculous formation.  

2 hours ago, haz said:

From memory, Atkinson was horribly defensively when he played at RB. But I can't remember if that was when we were playing a ridiculous formation.  

He rarely plays at the back in the youth team either - he's often used as a winger, Joyce was the first to give him extended time at RB.

2 hours ago, Jovan said:

This may be a little unpopular but Jamieson will probably play the entirety of the season. Rarely do you see a captain benched for a youth player,  

Unless your first name is Simon. 

I can't see any LB change unless he gets injured.

Sticking with the unpopular post theme, I reckon Jamo is just this season’s scapegoat. He’s better than most say.

He has his limitations of course. He’s a better defender than an attacker, for one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Sticking with the unpopular post theme, I reckon Jamo is just this season’s scapegoat. He’s better than most say.

He has his limitations of course. He’s a better defender than an attacker, for one.

He isn’t just the scapegoat, the problem is real just as our other deficiencies in the team. With our current system, we are being exposed by all teams who play us, they do this deliberately - why is that than? FoxSports also looking for scapegoat?

He is the captain and can’t see him being dropped.

We are trying to force the poorest ball player in our first eleven into an advanced and complicated leftback role, it’s not Jamo’s fault but the tactics. However I do agree that he can be serviceable in other strategies.

Edited by Mr MO

27 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

He isn’t just the scapegoat, the problem is real as just other deficiencies in the team. With our current system, we are being exposed by all teams who play us, they do this deliberately- why is that than? FoxSports also looking for scapegoat?

He is the captain and can’t see him being dropped.

We are trying to force the poorest ball player in our first eleven into an advanced and complicated leftback role, it’s not Jamo’s fault but the tactics. However I do agree that he can be serviceable in other strategies.

Agree. It gets down to the gaffer to design a system around the players we have. It's always been this way in the A-league which operates a salary cap system. Top teams recruit well so your visa players can be the difference between silverware and also rans.

6 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Using the word scapegoat is almost like using the word conspiracy to label and shut down arguments. Should we turn a blind eye to his errors and lack of leadership in order to not be labled as scapegoating? 

Saying that Jamo is entirely responsible for the teams results is wrong. I mentioned already the system doesn't hide his limitations well enough. But equally as wrong is turning a blind eye to the obvious way his performances are contributing to the team.

Furthermore most haven't said anything about him except for the last week or so. For 2 seasons now he is a captain of the team and has had no scrutiny placed on him. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Harrison said:

Why does this bloke try these 30 yard bombs on his right foot? He’s hit the post once and now he thinks he’s Coutinho. 

Does my head in. 

Ever since people brought it up I can't help to notice that he is more occupied with winding up and provoking the opposition than leading the team. Who's told him that being captain means you need to be a shitcunt on the pitch?

• Like 1

My not even mad when Jamo sprays one into row Z, its the little smile at the end that pisses me off. 

I can understand if you score 1 in 10 of those and you're known for long shots, you smile, kinda saying "almost" or something. 

At least when Wales misses he looks like he's about to cry. I appreciate that. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, HeartFc said:

My not even mad when Jamo sprays one into row Z, its the little smile at the end that pisses me off. 

I can understand if you score 1 in 10 of those and you're known for long shots, you smile, kinda saying "almost" or something. 

At least when Wales misses he looks like he's about to cry. I appreciate that. 

Brattan was a great one for this: he would score the odd screamer, but a lot of the time we'd be absolutely desperate for a goal and he'd put a great chance 3m high and 5m wide and then just give a shrug and a smile. Used to drive me nuts.

I haven't seen the replay yet and have NFI what was going on with that pen/non-pen call at the ground, but with that possible exception, I thought the defence was great last night and barely gave Perth a sniff.

33 minutes ago, SF33 said:

I haven't seen the replay yet and have NFI what was going on with that pen/non-pen call at the ground, but with that possible exception, I thought the defence was great last night and barely gave Perth a sniff.

That was never going to be a penalty, the ball was handballed to Bruno who was also in offside position. Personally I didn't even see anything wrong with the actual challenge, Flopperoli desperatly throwing himself in front of Brillante to play for a penalty.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, HeartFc said:

For me it's in the same category as Redmayne's hand clap after conceding. Infuriating. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Says he’s not coming back to the hub. 

Bit of a blow, not having the skipper.

Yes, but I don't blame him given the current situation in Victoria. His mind wouldn't be 100% on football even if he returned to the squad. On balance it's better to have players focussed on the game and with as few distractions as possible.

59 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Tough call, being his first and being oldish (player wise) I can see where he is coming from especially in this crazy crazy time.

I think it’s more to do with the stat that Jamo has never won anything in his whole senior playing career. Did we ask him to stay home? 

15 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

I think it’s more to do with the stat that Jamo has never won anything in his whole senior playing career. Did we ask him to stay home? 

Seriously doubt it, he is the captain, and if you don't rate him that's cool, but obviously the coaching team does.

Many players have made life choices ahead of career/sporting and nobody really can question them.

Will he have another opportunity to win something, who knows but as of today he probably thinks he is making the right call and personally I agree.

• Like 1

A really tough personal decision for him. Doubtless he has had the pressure put on him by the Mrs, who probably doesn’t have strong support in Melbourne. This is a rare chance for him career wise and you’d say he’d be crazy to miss it normally, as at his age who knows if he’ll ever get a similar opportunity.
 Currently though, I can see he’s between a rock and a hard place. 

A couple of points. I would imagine that player contracts have something to say about paternity leave. Also, don't forget that once he returned to Victoria he was faced with 14 days quarantine on any return to NSW.

I think we should respect his judgement in this matter and wish him, his wife and their baby all the best.

Edited by jw1739

43 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Seriously doubt it, he is the captain, and if you don't rate him that's cool, but obviously the coaching team does.

Many players have made life choices ahead of career/sporting and nobody really can question them.

Will he have another opportunity to win something, who knows but as of today he probably thinks he is making the right call and personally I agree.

I was joking, I might be daft but not that much.

• 4 months later...
24 minutes ago, icantthinkofacoolname said:

He’s past it. Does dumb shit every game which the captain can not do. Give the armband to Good or Maclaren and rotate Atkinson/Garuccio/Galloway as our fullbacks. 

First yellow was for constant aggressive repetitive talking to the referee?

3 minutes ago, neio said:

It was for complaining that the ref started game before Galloway was able to get into position after being subbed

Wasn’t it for dissent about the foul from Dukuly? Can’t even remember it now. He seemed to be having words every few minutes. 

Edited by Harrison
  • Like 1