Melbourne Football

Melbourne City Media

haz

10 hours ago, silva10 said:

Great to see Paddy as an integral part of the club. Hopefully he can use this position as a springboard to coach the men's team one day.

I like that he's being kept in the club family and I hope he becomes a successful manager etc, but I tend to be sceptical of appointing ex-players to senior positions unless they've proven themselves. I was on record in other places as being against the appointment of Patrick Vieira to NYCFC and while I'm happy to have been proven wrong on that account it hasn't convinced me any more of the wisdom of the principle as a whole.

By all means I hope that Paddy can manage the first team one day, but only if he's earned it by genuine success at lower levels first. 

19 minutes ago, Falastur said:

I like that he's being kept in the club family and I hope he becomes a successful manager etc, but I tend to be sceptical of appointing ex-players to senior positions unless they've proven themselves. I was on record in other places as being against the appointment of Patrick Vieira to NYCFC and while I'm happy to have been proven wrong on that account it hasn't convinced me any more of the wisdom of the principle as a whole.

By all means I hope that Paddy can manage the first team one day, but only if he's earned it by genuine success at lower levels first. 

Like assistant to the championship winning w league coach? ;):P

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Falastur said:

Yep. John Aloisi is an excellent example of a great player who shouldn't have been put in charge that early, and the AFL has heaps of examples thanks to an "appoint your ex-captain as coach" craze around 2010 with James Hird, Matthew Primus, Michael Voss and Nathan Buckley having about 3 years as assistants between them.

2 hours ago, Dylan said:

Like assistant to the championship winning w league coach? ;):P

Haha. I get what you're saying but the work of the assistant manager is frequently completely different to the actual manager themselves. A lot of assistants will have only peripheral involvement in tactics, for example, which is the most important part of being a successful manager. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

When do we think the "great facilities" and "very professional club" token compliments will finally stop being used in every interview any one from our club does?

When the rest of the league catches up to us in those regards or we catch up with other teams in regards to support levels or on-field success.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

When do we think the "great facilities" and "very professional club" token compliments will finally stop being used in every interview any one from our club does?

Possibly when our Public Relations Person re-writes the "Melbourne City Standard Interview Response Prompt Sheet"?

26 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

Why should we stop? We've the best facilities which is a huge deal for future players. 

Yeah, it's not a big deal. I just roll my eyes now. The same questions with same answers with every new player. Even current players and staff doll it out reasonably regularly. Could make a ripper meme tbh.

12 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Well alternatively they could always discuss our stellar performances on the pitch...

... errr, how about those facilities?

Edited by Blackout
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...