Melbourne Football

FFA Cup 2017 Qtr F V Sydney 13 Sep away

Dylan

1 hour ago, cadete said:

That is not his point... a modern German Flag would basically mean almost nothing at a Hakoah Match in fact Modern Germany and Israel are actually pretty close these days.

The textbook case of somebody pissing of Hakoah Club Officials would be someone doing a Supras or HM08 and bringing in a a fuck load of Pro-Palestine Shit.

Historical inaccuracies aside, the intended connotation is pretty clear.

29 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Why would anyone want to do any of this shit from the start? 

1 minute ago, Baka1 said:

Führer

It be better to just get all the crap out of they way.... for example some idiot is probably gonna come on and say Hakoah are just another version of East Sydney FC.

So that is out of the way now...

1 hour ago, Blackout said:

Historical inaccuracies aside, the intended connotation is pretty clear.

Indeed, and hardly pleasant.  So we're playing a Jewish team, so it's OK to treat the holocaust as fair banter?  God help us if we ever play an aboriginal team, as some might suggest blackface or bananas.  Somewhere there is a line we do not cross.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Indeed, and hardly pleasant.  So we're playing a Jewish team, so it's OK to treat the holocaust as fair banter?  God help us if we ever play an aboriginal team, as some might suggest blackface or bananas.  Somewhere there is a line we do not cross.

I don't think Judaism is the problem, Israel is in this case. If the club is Jewish but not Israeli then there are 0 problems

15 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

FWIW blackface in Australia is bullshit and has no context. Just another stupid thing we've picked up from the yanks and decided we should get outraged about too... 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cadete said:

That is not his point... a modern German Flag would basically mean almost nothing at a Hakoah Match in fact Modern Germany and Israel are actually pretty close these days.

The textbook case of somebody pissing of Hakoah Club Officials would be someone doing a Supras or HM08 and bringing in a a fuck load of Pro-Palestine Shit.

Pro-human is pro-palestine 

I might need to educate some of you on history, politics and geography (e.g. @Baka1 thinking modern Greeks are not at least 3/4 Turk etc)

18 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

I don't think Judaism is the problem, Israel is in this case. If the club is Jewish but not Israeli then there are 0 problems

Seriously what a blatant cop out for the excusing of Positive Discrimination... thank god you have set your careful perimeters so you wont look Anti-Semitic.

You only dislike PPL who support Israel, lucky for Hakoah FC or the Australian Jewish Committee that they dont contain PPL who support Israel... because it would be insane for a Jewish Person to support the concept of Israel.

(I dont have an opinion on the Middle East FWIW but its fucken stupid not to expect Jewish PPL to not support Israel).

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, cadete said:

Seriously what a blatant cop out for the excusing of Positive Discrimination... thank god you have set your careful perimeters so you wont look Anti-Semitic.

You only dislike PPL who support Israel, lucky for Hakoah FC or the Australian Jewish Committee that they dont contain PPL who support Israel... because it would be insane for a Jewish Person to support the concept of Israel.

(I dont have an opinion on the Middle East FWIW but its fucken stupid not to expect Jewish PPL to not support Israel).

Israel is not the middle east, no country in the middle east even recognises israel as an entity 

Sydney City in 80s were a top club back in the day. Kosmina and Mitchell plus others from memory. 

Great to see these old clubs back in the discussion. Without getting people on their high horses it would be good to see other old great teams in the mix. Marconi, Adelaide City Juventus, Sydney Olympic plus the others that have done well recently. 

36 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

I'll take bullshit for $500

Well I honestly dont...

I have no personal/family connection to a Never ending Political Conflict - I would consider it stupid if I could just pick a side like a in a Football Match for such a thing and as importantly I dont need to either and its not going to help anybody if I did.

I just dislike People saying how they are Anti-Zionist and not Anti-Semitic because their definition of a "Zionist" is "One who supports Israel" which simply safely basically covers a vast majority of Jewish People around the world.

After WW2 how could Israel and insisting in its existence over its many decades of development not be anything but now a major Cultural Belief of Judaism?  In fact if anything its more of binding Cultural Belief than PPL realize because the large growing Jewish Atheist Community can also remain attached to this belief as its less to do about Religion and more about beliefs in Nationhood and Identity.

Edited by cadete

1 hour ago, cadete said:

Well I honestly dont...

I have no personal/family connection to a Never ending Political Conflict - I would consider it stupid if I could just pick a side like a in a Football Match for such a thing and as importantly I dont need to either and its not going to help anybody if I did.

I just dislike People saying how they are Anti-Zionist and not Anti-Semitic because their definition of a "Zionist" is "One who supports Israel" which simply safely basically covers a vast majority of Jewish People around the world.

After WW2 how could Israel and insisting in its existence over its many decades of development not be anything but now a major Cultural Belief of Judaism?  In fact if anything its more of binding Cultural Belief than PPL realize because the large growing Jewish Atheist Community can also remain attached to this belief as its less to do about Religion and more about beliefs in Nationhood and Identity.

There are certainly elites in the jewish media that dont support the concept of Israel 

5 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

What the fuck has the forum turned into...?

welcome to the off season

cDywfZ5.jpg

1 minute ago, japiedog said:

as JW kindly requested

let's take this "discussion" to another area of the forum

please ,,,,,,,

you are all welcome with open arms to my flat earth thread. we dont discriminate there, we only judge based on FACTS

• Haha 1