Melbourne Football

FFA Cup 2017 Qtr F V Sydney 13 Sep away

Dylan

2 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

Sooooo............. Will we ever see the first team play or are we just going to play (what i assume to be) the reserves?! FMD there is something about this club that is just so mediocre, would have thought Joyce should have put his stamp on things by now, even if Bruno was playing we would be 0-2 down. Is the fact that the standard isnt high enough???? And Kamau...........WHEN YOU CUT BACK INSIDE AND HAVE YOUR MAN BEAT AND THERES NOT ONE PLAYER WITHIN 4M HAVE THE FUCKING SHOT..........Mix it up! Ah this club, one day when im old and grey and the club finally clicks i'll be wrapped, until then i will question every year whether or not i renew my membership.

Think of the positives. You don't have to fork out the extra dollars to watch semi-finals and finals.

• Haha 1

BTW, Michael Petrillo, Making 80% of your signings ex players from your old employer isn't called recruiting.
It's called being a lazy fucking unambitious and soft prick.

And getting in a new coach but not letting him chose his assistants is also probably why we ended up with Joyce, who was probably the only dud coach sacked in the last 12 months that was so desperate he had to settle for it just to get the job.

A joke of a club and until something Actually Changes, I won't be renewing my membership in 17/18  

• Like 1

The game was gone the minute the line-up was announced. 

How did we expect to score with such a defensive line up? Clearly the aim of the tonight was to get the game to penalties and not actually score. The funny thing however was the fact we still conceded two goals.  We can't even park the bus properly lol. 

It was embarrassing watching us in the first half, hoofing the ball long and pray that we'd score somehow.  When Cahill came on we looked so much better,  but all it took was another defensive error and the game was gone.  

Malik and kamau are not up to a            leagle standard and need to go.  I don't think it's panic stations yet. Remember,  syndey were at nearly full strength tonight,  we still have at least two signings to make plus a few players to come back from injury. 

Let's just pray things start clicking soon because Jesus we have been terrible so far. 

Edited by kingofhearts

I'm up at Uluru at the moment (conference).

I brought my laptop so that I could stream the game.

I bumped into a friend who invited Mrs G and me for dinner, we looked at each other, hesitated only a second and accepted.

We had a good night.

I'm so glad that I didn't waste time watching and haven't wasted money on another season ticket of misery.

I'm tired of being angry after watching City play

Yes, I know we had key visa players missing but it sounds like we weren't even competitive in any sense.

We've played 3 A League teams that finished below us and the only one that we beat was CCM and even that was 3-2.

We are way off the pace of Sydney.

At least we won't have the distraction of the FFA Cup whilst we battle to make the 6

I'm pleased that I'm thousands of km away.

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

I bumped into a friend who invited Mrs G and me for dinner, we looked at each other, hesitated only a second and accepted.

We had a good night.

I'm so glad that I didn't waste time watching and haven't wasted money on another season ticket of misery.

Yes, I know we had key visa players missing but it sounds like we weren't even competitive in any sense.

We've played 3 A League teams that finished below us and the only one that we beat was CCM and even that was 3-2.

At least we won't have the distraction of the FFA Cup whilst we battle to make the 6

I envy you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

We had a good night.

I think you would have been stunned by the tactics and selection.

Enjoy your time away.

Oh please, fuk all this doom and gloom bullshit. 

Yeah the first half was a shambles but changes were made and apart from a ridiculous goal, the second half was much better. Sure, there's still a way to go and some players, just don't look up to it, but the intensity improved and the game was fought out till the end. For such a wonderful team at full strength, how many chances can you recall Sydney had in the second half?

I'd rather this happen now in all honesty. There's more players to come, some amazing creativity in Carrusca on the bench and amazing depth and experience in the squad. 

Ludicrous that people are writing the season off already.

Edited by rass
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

The game was gone the minute the line-up was announced. 

How did we expect to score with such a defensive line up? Clearly the aim of the tonight was to get the game to penalties and not actually score. The funny thing however was the fact we still conceded two goals.  We can't even park the bus properly lol. 

It was embarrassing watching us in the first half, hoofing the ball long and pray that we'd score somehow.  When Cahill came on we looked so much better,  but all it took was another defensive error and the game was gone.  

Malik and kamau are not up to a            leagle standard and need to go.  I don't think it's panic stations yet. Remember,  syndey were at nearly full strength tonight,  we still have at least two signings to make plus a few players to come back from injury. 

Let's just pray things start clicking soon because Jesus we have been terrible so far. 

I thought we might play narrow, virtually a 4213 strikerless (the striker becoming a trequerista and the wider forwards, well....wider forwards) with advancing wingbacks.

With the selection it was the only way to bring in creativity.

1 minute ago, rass said:

Oh please, fuk all this doom and bloom bullshit. 

Yeah the first half was a shambles but changes were made and apart from a ridiculous goal, the second half was much better. Sure, there's still a way to go and some players, just don't look up to it, but the intensity improved and the game was fought out till the end. For such a wonderful team at full strength, how many chances can you recall Sydney had in the second half?

I'd rather this happen now in all honesty. There's more players to come, some amazing creativity in Carrusca on the bench and amazing depth and experience in the squad. 

True you have a point, Carrusca did look awesome.

16 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

We had a good night.

I'm like you but silly me l actually stayed home to watch. Wasn't upset as 8 seasons being a member l couldn't give a rats now if we lost. I salvaged the last 30min and left to go gym. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, n i k o said:

I'll reiterate my previous point...if this was an aleague grand final would Wazza have fielded the same starting eleven? I think no way I hell. So then the question has to be asked why did he play certain players and what was his intention...

We lambasted JVS for not taking the FFA cup serious.

This is not a pre season game.

5 minutes ago, moops said:

We lambasted JVS for not taking the FFA cup serious.

This is not a pre season game.

Agree. Outside of injury/health etc. Cahill, Carrusca and Brattan are part of our starting eleven players without doubt. I know it's early on in Wazzas tenure but the question certainly must be asked of him why he has chose those players. 

4 minutes ago, Afif Adam said:

whatever, the talk for a back to back is over anyways... its gonna be an interesting season

You've missed the point bud. It's not a question of whether we would make a final of any sort. The question is over player selections for this particular game and comparing it to a hypothetical situation (ie. A grand final) where our best players would have to be chosen. 

Edited by n i k o

6 minutes ago, rass said:

Oh please, fuk all this doom and gloom bullshit. 

I'm not writing the season off, but that was alarming. Firstly the performance, and secondly Mauk's comments after the game, diplomatically saying that the team needed to find a gameplan that worked and would actually win us games against A-League opposition.

Yes, we're missing key players and yes we have visa spots to fill, but I don't know if that's a good sign for this season, since Round 1 is a couple of weeks away. I guess at least my expectations will be low, unlike last year.

• Like 2

Agree. Outside of injury/health etc. Cahill, Carrusca and Brattan are part of our starting eleven players without doubt. I know it's early on in Wazzas tenure but the question certainly must be asked of him why he has chose those players. 

You've missed the point bud. It's not a question of whether we would make a final of any sort. The question is over players selections for this game and comparing it to a hypothetical situation (ie. A grand final) where our best players would be chosen. 

Got ya ... wouldnt anyways

Certainly, or the tactics.

It's not doom and gloom, we have players to come in. But in a serious match that was horrible to watch