Melbourne Football

FFA Cup 2017 Qtr F V Sydney 13 Sep away

Dylan

Just now, Shahanga said:

Why do you say that?

The starting 11 issnt the strongest available and is also playing players out of position so IMO he seems to be experimenting a bit before the season starts. FWIW I don't care if we do get knocked out, its the championship or bust this year IMO

11 minutes ago, Dylan said:

The starting 11 issnt the strongest available and is also playing players out of position so IMO he seems to be experimenting a bit before the season starts. FWIW I don't care if we do get knocked out, its the championship or bust this year IMO

I'm assuming he thinks it's the strongest available.

Frankly, although my stream was poor in the last cup game, I thought we looked terrible. Brattan getting dropped should hardly be a shock and Arzani is yet to impress despite members of his family incessantly bombarding this forum.

i thought Cahill would start but apart from that looks pretty close to what might be full strength.

I don't know what to make out of the team sheet line up though, that would be a surprise.

Edited by Shahanga
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

People can't bitch and moan about JVS for years then freak out when a new coach selects a side with a different approach.

lets wait and see hey.

I would think he's aiming to play defensively to nullify a very strong Sydney attack, and then bring on Brattan, Carrusca and Cahill around 70 minutes. Just a guess.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Dylan said:

You can't get a stronger defensively orientated team. The best players are being used for this tactic with a very fast front three for the counter. Perfect set up.

Come on City!!!!

18 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I would think he's aiming to play defensively to nullify a very strong Sydney attack, and then bring on Brattan, Carrusca and Cahill around 70 minutes. Just a guess.

Interesting line up but no serious tittle contender will start with Malik and Kamau, so it looks like an experiment.

1 minute ago, thisphantomfortress said:

TBF we have actually looked solid, it was a pretty soft free that he scored from. Hit it about as sweet as he ever will.

Problem is now who will score for us?

Wazza's game plan will be thrown out the window if we concede a 2nd.