Melbourne Football

FFA Cup 2017 Qtr F V Sydney 13 Sep away

Dylan

Melbourne City will head into Tuesday’s Westfield FFA Cup Round of 16 clash with an almost full complement as they continue their march towards retaining the title.

Warren Joyce has made two changes from the squad that was named for the Round of 32 clash with Peninsula Power with new signing Bart Schenkeveld added to the side to take on Hakoah Sydney City East.

Ramy Najjarine could also make his City debut against Hakoah with Iacopo La Rocca and Nathaniel Atkinson the two men replaced from the Round of 32 squad selection.

City will be without Tim Cahill once again for this stage of the competition with the 2016 FFA Cup Final goal scorer away with the Socceroos for their crucial World Cup Qualifier against Japan on Thursday.

With Fernando Brandan the only long-term injury on City’s list, the Argentinian forward is making quick progress on his ACL recovery.

Melbourne City FC: Dean BOUZANIS, Manny MUSCAT, Scott JAMIESON, Bart SCHENKEVELD, Osama MALIK, Nick FITZGERALD, Neil KILKENNY, Bruce KAMAU, Braedyn CROWLEY, Stefan MAUK, Daniel ARZANI, Denis GENREAU, Eugene GALEKOVIC, Ruon TONGYIK, Michael JAKOBSEN, Bruno FORNAROLI, Luke BRATTAN, Dylan PIERIAS, Ramy NAJJARINE
Read more at http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/team-news-city-set-for-round-of-16/1rc7tvr1w04us16nmhjn26avp6#7QxwYty2CUqfdpCj.99

3 hours ago, Dylan said:

Been any spottings of Carusca on the trip from any of the players social media things?

Also, any updates on Budzinski?

Overall, this match is going to be another stiff test. Non-league sides have nothing to lose in these situations, as we have discussed before. As long as we can get a couple of goals in front we'll be OK, but if we go behind or it goes to penalties then it could be a different story.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Simo said:

Where do I need to go to watch game on Foxtel?? Do I need to use the app? Is there a link where I can go to so I just login in

Search 'FFA Cup On Demand Fox Sports'. Then log in with your Fox Sports accounts (I think its tied with your News Limited idk?)

15 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

I'd expect this as a line up 

muscat bort jak jamo 

Malik.     Killer

Brattan 

kamoo           Fitzy 

Bruno 

That's a serviceable line up.  We're missing Nando and a killer 10, and I might be inclined to play Mauk, but it should be good enough.

Looking forward to seeing a Bort and Jakobsen partnership.

Just now, jeffplz said:

Malik's out injured.

muscat bort jak jamo 

Brattan     Killer

Mauk

kamoo           Fitzy 

Bruno 

Would like to see Genreau given a chance in Brattan's position ^. Pushing slighty higher then Kilkenny

3 minutes ago, Andrew Edmonds said:

Bouzanis

Muscat - Bart - Jakobsen - Jamo

Brattan - Kilkenny

Mauk

Fitzy - Bruno - Arzani

Kamoo not even in the squad haha

• Like 1